MRI

HeijoshinCool

In the area for the next two weeks and looking to get a lumbar MRI.

Any reports of the least expensive? Where?

Anyplace between Rayong and Chonburi would be fine.

Also, the MRI will ultimately be read by my doc back in the States, so as long as it is of good quality, I don't much care what the local doc's got to say.

Thanks.

Good luck getting the MRI given or sent to your doctor They will give you a printout out of your results but they hate to part with what they belive to be their property. I tried to get the 4 ex-rays of an injured wrist 4 years ago & got a no way Hosea! You might do better BKK it is like pulling teeth they hate sharing info with the U.S. They forget you contract the service it is yours. Make a deal with them if your doc wants to see your MRI. that it goes with you & the test results or no pay Jack sh

Last time I had an Mri it was about the same price as here & the doctors really have papers not bought online from Google.

Edited by Beardog

I was going to get an MRI in Udon but it wasn't needed. The price was 8,000 Baht. The place only does MRI's and I don't know why they would want to keep it. A doctor sent me there for her to get it. I do believe there is no problem up here for you to have the results.

The price difference would more than pay for a trip to Udon over BKK prices.

I had an MRI at BKK Med Center in Bangkok a month or so ago.

The appointment was set up via the doc and staff at Bangkok Hospital Rayong.

MRI was a lumbar area scan. Cost 13,650 baht. If I recall a full spine MRI would have cost about 25k but don't quote me on this

The Med Center staff was was very good from reception all the way through the procedure. I had it done there because they are one of the only hospitals that has an "Open MRI" machine versus the typical small donut hole style

When complete we sat for 30 minutes waiting for the results. They presented me a folder with a DVD and a formal document that described the results in mostly doctor speak. All in English. Any doc could view the scan with the correct app on a PC. I could see the pics on my PC but no proper app to view it correctly. When I returned to see my Ortho at Rayong he opened the DVD and we all viewed together. They copied the DVD on to their system and returned the DVD to me for future use at other hospitals

I could have had the MRI at Rayong but my choice to go to BKK. The cost would have been about the same.

I had an abdominal MRI performed at Samativej Hospital, Sri Racha, a couple of years ago. The cost then was about 11,000 Baht but might be substantially more now as that hospital is now part of the Bangkok group.

I needed to make an appointment but got fitted in within a couple of days. The machine was the usual 'donut' device. After the scan we waited about an hour for the results, which were in the form of hi-res graphical printouts, together with a full summary of the findings, in English. I could have got the scan done at Chula Hospital in Bangkok, where my usual doctor practises, but there was some urgency and Samativej was quicker. The doc at Chula was happy with what was provided by Samativej so I guess that the service was OK.

DM

I had an MRI at BKK Med Center in Bangkok a month or so ago.

The appointment was set up via the doc and staff at Bangkok Hospital Rayong.

MRI was a lumbar area scan. Cost 13,650 baht. If I recall a full spine MRI would have cost about 25k but don't quote me on this

The Med Center staff was was very good from reception all the way through the procedure. I had it done there because they are one of the only hospitals that has an "Open MRI" machine versus the typical small donut hole style

When complete we sat for 30 minutes waiting for the results. They presented me a folder with a DVD and a formal document that described the results in mostly doctor speak. All in English. Any doc could view the scan with the correct app on a PC. I could see the pics on my PC but no proper app to view it correctly. When I returned to see my Ortho at Rayong he opened the DVD and we all viewed together. They copied the DVD on to their system and returned the DVD to me for future use at other hospitals

I could have had the MRI at Rayong but my choice to go to BKK. The cost would have been about the same.

That's good to know. I will never get another MRI in a donut hole machine again (Siriraj). Claustrophic and sounded like a rock crusher.

I think a quick email to BPH will answer your question about cost and getting a DVD. I have had a heart CAT and GF had a laser guided Ultrasound at BPH and both procedures were given to me on a DVD for my doctor to read. I am sure it would be the same for an MRI.

you might try to contact Gavin at Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. Very good to work with. Worth a quick query...

That is where I had mine done. Excellent care there. Been a few times for various things. Worth the drive.