Medallion Signature Guarantee

If anyone can help me find a financial institution in Thailand which will provide this service, I'm all ears. I am trying to get an investment firm in the US to wire some funds here to Bangkok. They require a Medallion Signature, not a notary, to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.wai.gif

My guess the OP will need to settle for the U.S. Embassy Seal/Notary but first he needs to make sure his financial company understands he can't get a Medallion Signature because he's outside the U..S.; the best he can get is a seal/notary from the U.S. Embassy. Here's what the all knowing Wikipedia says about Medallion Signature Guarantee: Link

The Medallion Guaranty Stamp is specifically a US brokerage product. In fact, your Inv. firm should be the one providing you with the stamp. They are the ones with you signature cards/files on record for comparison. Try calling your broker/banker (or even better, their assistant) and get them to sign off on your signature.

• 5 years later...

Sorry but I know of no solution to Fidelity's Medallion Guarantee requirement , even in the US they are not easily obtainable 

Even if you find a bank or Credit Union that offers the service most don't really understand how they work.  There is a misconception that you must prove , via a statement, that you have sufficient funds to cover the "guarantee".  This is not a problem if Fidelity does it for you at one of their investment centers, but can be problematic at other institutions 

If you think about it , how can anyone guarantee that you will have enough funds to cover a wire in the future?  But that is what the system is based upon if someone other than Fidelity issues a "Medallion Guarantee"

1 hour ago, ronjomtien said:

Have the same problem for a form from Fidelity to get wire transfer set-up with Bangkok Bank swift code and can find no solution

Afraid you will have to return to the US, but as of yesterday, Bangkok Bank is still accepting EFTS requests, but have sent out a notice for all customers to review their "standing order" wire instructions so maybe they know that EFTS is going to end shortly