antibiotics necessary?

kriswillems

Once you start taking a course of antibiotics you need to take the entire course (every last pill, every time). Stopping an antibiotic course is one of the primary reason that there are strains of TB that do not respond to antibiotics.

Nice in theory but many people find out that they have an allergic reaction to an antibiotic and need to stop it immediately.

I was given a course of eurothomyacin (spelling) got really bad tinnitus so had to stop and another time I get severe gerd from an antibiotic that I had to stop and I am sure many others have had similar problems.

The main reason by resistance is the fact that antibiotics are over prescribed in the first place. They should really only be given in life threatening situations.

• Like 1

The skin is completely closed, there's no sign of infection, no redness at all. It is clean, flat, a straight cut. I just looks perfect. It looked perfect since the first day.

The nurse changed the date to take the stitches out from 10 days to 7 days after the accident, but she said it could be done today as well because it looked perfect.

I've stopped the antibiotics, because they were probably not necessary at all and it has already been 5 days, which is what they normally give you in Thailand when you really have a small infection.

Thank you. I think I have got all answer I needed.

For me the thread may be closed (else I am afraid it might become a very long discussion... which is not necessary for such an innocent, small problem)

Edited by kriswillems