Funding for O-A Visa

Hi

I am going to apply for an O-A visa in the UK at the London embassy in August.

I want to use a combination of income (pension received from France into UK bank account) and bank deposit in UK to meet the THB 800k requirement.

What proof will I need to show for these? I have been told that a notarised copy of my UK bank statement showing the monthly income and the deposit balance will be sufficient. Will they also want a letter from the bank or any confirmation from France of my pension income?

Also does the deposit have to have been in the account for 60 days or just on the day I present the application?

Many thanks for your advice.

I think you've got things mixed up.

The Thai income requirement is 800K Baht in a Thai bank or 400K Baht in a Thai bank and/or an Embassy (I'm US) affidavit for the balance to equal a 65K baht monthly income.

However, the US income affidavit can only be obtained at the US Embassy in Thailand (as far as I know). I think it may be the same for UK.

As a safeguard, you s/b able to provide documentation to Thai Imm of your retirement income (if asked) as declared on the sworn affidavit.

The Thai income requirement is 800K Baht in a Thai bank or 400K Baht in a Thai bank and/or an Embassy (I'm US) affidavit for the balance to equal a 65K baht monthly income.

However, the US income affidavit can only be obtained at the US Embassy in Thailand (as far as I know). I think it may be the same for UK.

As a safeguard, you s/b able to provide documentation to Thai Imm of your retirement income (if asked) as declared on the sworn affidavit.

You are writing about the requirements for for an extension of stay (it is not a OA visa) you apply for at immigration here in Thailand.

OP is asking about a OA long stay visa for retirement that is applied for and issued by a embassy or official consulate in your home country or one where you have legal residence.

The Op is applying for an O-A Visa, which can only be done outside of Thailand. After being allowed into the Kingdom and looking for an extension of stay at the end of his permits validity, that is where the points you mentioned come into the picture.

Edit; ubonjoe beat me to it.

Edited by Carib

as far as I know a combination of income plus a deposit is not allowed outside Thailand, it has to be either one or the other, I asked this question last year when the rules changed concerning an application for a ME Type O - I assume the rules are the same for OA as far as financial proof are concerned

Don't understand why a combination cannot be accepted as it is in Thailand, the process and rules in the UK need a good looking into - it's as if someone tried to make it as awkward as possible to meet the criteria, I even met the criteria last year for a ME Type O and was still refused after having kept almost 20,000 Sterling in my current account for 3 months with a loss of interest of about 150 quid - I was livid

PS - My pension fell short of the requirement by about 1,000 sterling per year and they said I could not use a combination method - go figure. I was 53 at the time and if I'd been 65 on a state pension - there is no financial proof required, how on earth does that make sense

as far as I know a combination of income plus a deposit is not allowed outside Thailand, it has to be either one or the other, I asked this question last year when the rules changed concerning an application for a ME Type O - I assume the rules are the same for OA as far as financial proof are concerned

Don't understand why a combination cannot be accepted as it is in Thailand, the process and rules in the UK need a good looking into - it's as if someone tried to make it as awkward as possible to meet the criteria, I even met the criteria last year for a ME Type O and was still refused after having kept almost 20,000 Sterling in my current account for 3 months with a loss of interest of about 150 quid - I was livid

PS - My pension fell short of the requirement by about 1,000 sterling per year and they said I could not use a combination method - go figure. I was 53 at the time and if I'd been 65 on a state pension - there is no financial proof required, how on earth does that make sense

A combination of money in a bank and income is allowed for a OA long stay visa.

A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

Thank you.... you are correct.... I wish the OP well in sorting through the confusion....

There wasn't any confusion until you posted erroneous information.

You have got to wonder why the financials for an "O" and an "OA " would be different, the mind boggles but no surprise

Thank you.... you are correct.... I wish the OP well in sorting through the confusion....

There wasn't any confusion until you posted erroneous information.

And if you would have cared to read accurately.... my information was not erroneous.... it simply applied to a different situation.