Snake identification

SOMeTOM

My little hairy miss, just pulled out from under the bed this beast, does anyone knows it's name or if it is venomous at all (as it might have bitten my doggie during the struggle)?, thanks.

post-193352-0-34758500-1402745552_thumb. post-193352-0-24782700-1402745756_thumb.

90% sure it is a banded kukri snake. Non venomous eats bugs, frogs etc. Other possibility a wolf snake again non venomous. No way is it a cobra. Another big kill for the Great White Hunter.

• Like 1

The photo color seems a bit off, but the close up of the head and scales looks like a cobra to me as well.

Cobras are usually brown to black and their tongue is usually pink. If the OP opens the mouth then we can see the huge fangs.

The photo color seems a bit off, but the close up of the head and scales looks like a cobra to me as well.

Cobras are usually brown to black and their tongue is usually pink. If the OP opens the mouth then we can see the huge fangs.

Sorry but i disposed off it already, also i don't think i want to do that either, i will keep my doubt and snake policy, if it comes into the house/land, it's bye bye snake.....i am aware that many are not dangerous, but the problem is that i am not so good in recognizing them, i usually have lots of bright green ones climbing banana trees, lately i got a few of this too.

I don't know if it makes much difference or not, but when it came head to head with the Little White Hunter ( my dog is the size of about 3 cats, maybe 2 and a half, ah ah), i clearly heard a loud hissing sound, so strong i thought it was a cat down there, then, little missus bite the beast and started banging it on the floor, left and right to presumably avoiding being bitten back, then i grab a machete and end up the struggle.

Doggie it's still okay, so, either didn't get bitten or it was not venomous.

Thanks

90% sure it is a banded kukri snake. Non venomous eats bugs, frogs etc. Other possibility a wolf snake again non venomous. No way is it a cobra. Another big kill for the Great White Hunter.

That in no way is a banded kukri snake, this is...Its a cobra for sure, they dont all have pink tongues some are black, many kukris on my land exactly as pictured below in the link

http://bangkokherps.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/banded-kukri-snake/

Sorry but i disposed off it already, also i don't think i want to do that either, i will keep my doubt and snake policy, if it comes into the house/land, it's bye bye snake.....i am aware that many are not dangerous, but the problem is that i am not so good in recognizing them, i usually have lots of bright green ones climbing banana trees, lately i got a few of this too.

I don't know if it makes much difference or not, but when it came head to head with the Little White Hunter ( my dog is the size of about 3 cats, maybe 2 and a half, ah ah), i clearly heard a loud hissing sound, so strong i thought it was a cat down there, then, little missus bite the beast and started banging it on the floor, left and right to presumably avoiding being bitten back, then i grab a machete and end up the struggle.

Doggie it's still okay, so, either didn't get bitten or it was not venomous.

Thanks

Well, glad you all, and the dog, are alright, even as there's some disagreement over what type of snake it is/was.

• Like 1

Without a doubt that`s a cobra, deadly venomous. The hood is clearly visible on the one killed by the OP.

I normally don`t agree with killing snakes, but in this case the OP was well justified.

post-110219-0-67482700-1402760633_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The snake in his pictures doesn't have bands at all. In my opnion and Google's massive archive of snake pictures of kukri snakes proves you wrong, sorry.

It absolutely looks like a black cobra, highly venumoues.

All show and not much go, the Cobra's. Get yourselves into the seat of an old cruiser bouncing along a dirt outback road in Australia and an Eastern Brown Snake pops it head out from under the passenger seat, angry as all shit and happy to chase you out of the car irregardless of the speed your travlin at.

Cobras are pussy snakes !

• Like 1