2 price system

Seastallion

Farang prices? My Thai wife and I received each a package this last week from the USA hers was $260 value and had to pay 1400 Baht
when she complained never had to pay before she was told NEW LAW .Mine was $180 value she had to pay 1100 Baht . I have my medication coming next month wondering how much they hit me for.

Edited by hardy1943

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This reminds me of the time I was buying a new mobile phone in Tuk Com, Sri Racha. The vendor, named Oil, wouldn't tell me the price because she was selling the same model to a Thai customer. She looked at me and pressed a finger to her lips to tell me to keep quiet. When the Thai customer had paid for the phone and left she charged me a few hundred Bt less. I must add that I have known her for several years, bought several phones and taken friends there as well.

Farang prices? My Thai wife and I received each a package this last week from the USA hers was $260 value and had to pay 1400 Baht

when she complained never had to pay before she was told NEW LAW .Mine was $180 value she had to pay 1100 Baht . I have my medication coming next month wondering how much they hit me for.

Isnt it just great, to get charged TAX for the freight charges as well as the item???.....blink.png

Item cost 100 USD...airfreight $70USD....total charges this end,TAX on the $170USD...............w00t.gif

• Like 1

I fully agree, this is really frustrating...A few months ago I wanted to buy watermelon at the market, no price was mentioned but the lady seller wanted me to pay 50 Thb....I noticed that at another market they sold at 25 to 30 Thb for the same. I told the lady in "Thai" about this and she protested...One week later the same hapened...I told her she was acting (in Thai) like a thief...and everybody around could here this. One week later she sold at 30 Thb to everyone.

Don't give up! Show them that tey lose face...they will adapt.

• Like 1

I fully agree, this is really frustrating...A few months ago I wanted to buy watermelon at the market, no price was mentioned but the lady seller wanted me to pay 50 Thb....I noticed that at another market they sold at 25 to 30 Thb for the same. I told the lady in "Thai" about this and she protested...One week later the same hapened...I told her she was acting (in Thai) like a thief...and everybody around could here this. One week later she sold at 30 Thb to everyone.

Don't give up! Show them that tey lose face...they will adapt.

That's good advice. Next time I'm down at the market I'm going to call any stall holder who charges a more expensive rate, than another market, a thief.

Thanks again, signing off now. I will return with an update of how they reacted. I expect to return with stories of great monetary savings.

Edited by somchaismith
  • Like 1

You seem to be different to a German guy, I've met a couple of moons ago. He'd payed 30 baht, instead of the usual 20 baht for some flowers from street vendors waiting at traffic lights.

He freaked out and got\t so upset about the whole country, I tried to calm him down and said\d that he might have made a good deed, as the woman might have ten kids to feed.

Finally, it got into an argument between the guy and me, because I had to fell him to frog off here, as he made his wife have unprotected sex with a ladyboy.

Then it turned out that both were HIV positive and the German guy died after a car accident.Have you ever thought about different sizes of squid, which also means a different price for it?

Or maybe it was a customer who bought seafood freaking every day? Don't you think that customers let's say at the fish market in let's say Hamburg/Germany get a better deal, when they buy more and every day?

The moral of the story is that you won't be happy in this country, when you're not trying to understand certain things.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isnt it just great, to get charged TAX for the freight charges as well as the item???..... alt=blink.png>

Item cost 100 USD...airfreight $70USD....total charges this end,TAX on the $170USD............... alt=w00t.gif>

I would have known it I would told them to send it back and not paid for it. New Law!Yes new way to ripp off Farang

Edited by hardy1943

A simple question and all these shit replys are why I have never contributed to TVF.

15 years here and I find the flamers and trolls a disgrace to the point I look at the OP's post and then move on.

Good luck and and happy BS, where is the remove account button? I would'nt start a thread on here for shit

No 2 ways about it, anyone that trys charging more just because you are or are with a Foreigner is a greedy little piggy, whether it be 5 Baht or 5,000 Baht, same, same as they say....I had it a few months ago with limes, 60 Baht she wanted for 5....up the road was only 20 Baht..greedy, greedy, little piggy woman....must think we are stupid.

• Like 1

Isnt it just great, to get charged TAX for the freight charges as well as the item???.....blink.png

Item cost 100 USD...airfreight $70USD....total charges this end,TAX on the $170USD...............w00t.gif

Weegee, I think you should know that it is worldwide the same. Import duties are everywhere calculated on the fob price + freight + insurance.

• Like 1

The topic of principles could be a very important subject in the coming months and years.

It will take principled people to rid the country of corruption.

Surely you are not suggesting that certain nationalities have principles and others do not.

Some folks have principles and some do not, no matter what nationality. Some folks have

"strong" principles, but at times fail to live by them. Inconsistency seems to be a common

trait among humans.

Painting an entire population with one brush is very easy and handy and makes some folks

feel so comfy doing it, but most often it is far from realistic or reasonable.

• Like 1

he gave you a price you were happy with. what is the problem ?

Yeah, I was waiting for that point to be brought up.

It wasn't me, it was the wife. She doesn't see why we should be charged more. I don't see it either. Look at it the other way, the vendor was happy to receive the lower price, why should we give more? We are not a charity and the vendor is not destitute.

But actually off-topic because I'm not trying to discuss the ins and outs of 2-tier pricing.

you always find an smart ass answer that thing his right when he said : he gave you the price you where happy with ...

what the hell with this ASS/H .. it"s not about that it is about why we always have pay More?? if goes to my country he want be charge as a Asian price we don't have shit like that ,,,

Let me guess... you had it shipped by Fedex?

Seems like Fedex has some kind of deal going on with the customs folks.

We ordered cosmetic items from Philippines valued at 3,000 baht, shipped by Fedex. We had a 2 week nightmare with Fedex. First they called and said I need to renew my

import license. I had to go find the customs office at the airport -- a huge waste of time since I'm not an importer. Then Fedex called and said I need to pay 2,000 to correct

my name on my import license, change the middle initial to middle name to match my passport. Then they called and said the customs duty was 5,000 baht.

I wanted to suggest that they put the items where the sun don't shine, but that would accomplish nothing. I lost 3,000 baht, which is a lot better than losing 7,000.

Two weeks ago we ordered the same items but shipped by Express Mail Service. Four days later, the small carton was delivered to the gate guard at our mooban, zero hassle,

didn't hear anything from customs and didn't have to pay anything at all. Several times I have tried using Fedex and always the same hassle -- but never again.

• Like 1

It all gets a lot more serious when the service you are being charged for at a higher rate is medical treatment.

It gets dangerously serious when the higher 'Farang' price puts that medical service out of your financial reach - or more typically discourages a foreigner from getting early check-ups/interventions.

I step aside now for the apologists....

Absolutely, I've had VIP treatment as they call it for 20.000 baht in a hospital full of Thai people who probably could't even afford a tenth of that,

So I have some decent insurance now that will prevent them giving me so called VIP treatment again.

Let me guess... you had it shipped by Fedex?

Seems like Fedex has some kind of deal going on with the customs folks.

We ordered cosmetic items from Philippines valued at 3,000 baht, shipped by Fedex. We had a 2 week nightmare with Fedex. First they called and said I need to renew my

import license. I had to go find the customs office at the airport -- a huge waste of time since I'm not an importer. Then Fedex called and said I need to pay 2,000 to correct

my name on my import license, change the middle initial to middle name to match my passport. Then they called and said the customs duty was 5,000 baht.

I wanted to suggest that they put the items where the sun don't shine, but that would accomplish nothing. I lost 3,000 baht, which is a lot better than losing 7,000.

Two weeks ago we ordered the same items but shipped by Express Mail Service. Four days later, the small carton was delivered to the gate guard at our mooban, zero hassle,

didn't hear anything from customs and didn't have to pay anything at all. Several times I have tried using Fedex and always the same hassle -- but never again.

Yes, had similar shit with Fedex and smooth service with other Couriers.

Fedup with Fedex too.

after discovering i paid a higher price when i was with my thai wife she told me she knew they were charging me double but didnt like to tell me as her duty's lie with her own country people

Unfortunately, that's true in a lot of cases. However, wrong on so many levels.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isnt it just great, to get charged TAX for the freight charges as well as the item???..... alt=blink.png>

Item cost 100 USD...airfreight $70USD....total charges this end,TAX on the $170USD............... alt=w00t.gif>

Weegee, I think you should know that it is worldwide the same. Import duties are everywhere calculated on the fob price + freight + insurance.

Been here for 10+ years never got charge a penny until last week.Send stuff from here to the Usa and Germany ,they never paid for anything either.Have no Idea where your Info.?

Not sure if related, but I guess same principle as OP.

I have an very open minded Thai female friend, with whom I sometimes hang out with (platonic friend). I got cheated by my gf, and I wanted revenge before breaking up with her, so I slept with her best friend.

I told my friend about this and she said she think it was ok for me to do it cuz she cheated on me first.