Pattaya Clamp Down on Go Go Bars

Rimmer

Pattaya Clamp Down on Go Go Bars

32151.jpg

PATTAYA – June14, 2014 [PDN]; at 2.00 a.m., Mr. Praphan Prathoomchomphu (Deputy District Chief; Head of Stability Division) mobilized forces from Pattaya city police station, administrative division and over 40 Civil Defence Volunteers of Banglamung District, to check entertainment spots and go go bars located in Walking Street , address 234/2 Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province. Some venues were offered obscene shows and there were lots of female employees who were under the age of 18 and were working illegally.

Upon on searching 2 venues the offices found 4 female employees who were under 18 years old and 14 male and female employees who had consumed drugs. Mr. Karn Arphakittiwong, aged 39 the caretaker from the first venue was arrested and Mrs. Phimanong Banchuen, aged 39 the caretaker from the second venue was also arrested. Moreover, the officers also found that the second venues license had exspired.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/06/14/pattaya-clamp-down-on-go-go-bars/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-15

When I see the headline I was worried then after reading realised it was clamping down on minors which ain't too bad

Please don't close the to go go bars

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It's old news from 2 nights ago about the raid at both Ginza agogos.

The title is ridiculous, as often with PDN,

just to make the article look far more important than it is...

"just to make the article look far more important than it is... "

I guess "important" is in the mind of the beholder ... same goes for "ridiculous" when it comes to that.

go the junta!

hopefully they come down hard on the sex industry and the riff raff foreigners will go elsewhere and make thailand a better place for all.

Hold on Lone Ranger....... 90 % of the sex industry here is for Thai men. Does that mean they have to

leave as well ??

• Like 2

go the junta!

hopefully they come down hard on the sex industry and the riff raff foreigners will go elsewhere and make thailand a better place for all.

100% agreed mate! Close the whole cartel of the sex industry and completely clean up pattaya,s image.

100% agreed mate! Close the whole cartel of the sex industry and completely clean up pattaya,s image.

Most sex(y) activity in Pattaya tourist areas - like Walking Street - is legal.

Why would the Junta close legitimate businesses?

go the junta!

Don`t hold your breath wink.png .

Au contraire. star kicker, please, hold your breath now.

• Like 2

Maybe for dancing topless or nude, which isn't legal

The Royal Thai Police enforce the law that says topless and nude dancing is illegal.

The club owners then pay the local Royal Thai Police to make topless and nude dancing legal.

Do try and keep up.

• Like 1

Activities like:

• Obscene sex shows
  • Nudity
  • Prostitution on premises
  • Underage workers or patrons
  • Consumption of Drugs or Drugs discovered on the premises
  • Extended operating hours.
  • Expired or no licenses

Are illegal and could get a venue closed including so called 'legitimate businesses'. Most of the the time, violators are arrested and fines imposed. Frequent or severe violations result in the venue being closed. Authorities often do sweeps in the entrainment areas for violations, especially during changes of the guard. Nothing new.

If you re-read the OP, there were violations in two venues found.

If you re-read the OP, there were violations in two venues found.

Hi. I wasn't replying to the OP but to irishsmile who want to close all places.

Many police raids recently, and still more than 40 agogos open on Walking Street area only.

Most offense you cited are exceptions, not the general case,

and I a happy that such places are closed when found guilty of not respecting rules.

PS: There is no more nudity in many agogos now: coyotes invasion sad.png

go the junta!

Hold on Lone Ranger....... 90 % of the sex industry here is for Thai men. Does that mean they have to

leave as well ??

90% of the industry in Patts? Don't kid ya self ;)

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR???

dRUGS, UNDERAGE STAFF, SO PROBABLY BARFINING UNDER AGE GIRLS, WHICH I KNOW YOU WOULDNT DO,

Anything else illegal there???

go the junta!

Hopefully they come down hard on sactimonious low class hypocrites who have probably spent many an hour in the Kingdom staring at titties and botties in such places but now see themselves as pillars of society....

Maybe a Bangkok dweller.

The Royal Thai Police enforce the law that says topless and nude dancing is illegal.

The club owners then pay the local Royal Thai Police to make topless and nude dancing legal.

Do try and keep up.

Currently the army is living at the Pattaya police station and are cleaning up corruption, not only Pattaya but actually the whole of Thailand

Do try and keep up.smile.png

When I see the headline I was worried then after reading realised it was clamping down on minors which ain't too bad

Yes, I too support raids to remove underage workers.

But I'm cynical and wonder if the sudden interest in enforcement is in any way related to Thailand's ongoing assertions that it is "Making great progress" eliminating human trafficking...

go the junta!

Hopefully they come down hard on sactimonious low class hypocrites who have probably spent many an hour in the Kingdom staring at titties and botties in such places but now see themselves as pillars of society....

LOL, I'm sensing so e hostility HD, Constipated ?

I'd rather think of myself as high class hypocrite, having not been in a bar for a very long time and repelled by the downward slide of the scene about 25 years ago (more) I couldn't give a rats backside what they close down and if it reduced some of the DEAD beat grubs in tourist areas I could holiday in Phuket again :) without being exposed to all those creepy beer belly sexpats stinking the joint up ;)

Imagine the productivity output in LOS if you could get all those lazy young folk out of the bars and into some meaningful type of employment, paying taxes and producing goods, low class deadbeats would move onto the phillipines or wherever and some better paying high class tourist might return, not to be repelled by the seedy cesspits that ooze out of joints like Patts, Patong, CM, and certain parts of Bangers.

For those lasses & lads desperate to apply the 'trade' they'd be no shortage of local opportunities 555555

Win win, in my eyes.

Yes, I too support raids to remove underage workers.

But I'm cynical and wonder if the sudden interest in enforcement is in any way related to Thailand's ongoing assertions that it is "Making great progress" eliminating human trafficking...

Why cynical?????, there has to be a starting point,and if the odd business suffers, to eliminate this disgusting practice,then so be it, i am not cynical, i am very positive

go the junta!

leave as well ??

He means 90% of the sex industry nationally is there to cater for Thai men. Tens of thousands of Thai women prostitute themselves. Only a small proportion make it to the Farang big time at the beach, cowboy or nana. Add to that all of the tens of thousands of Mia Noi and we really can start to see why Thai girls prefer good clean, respectable and responsible western men.

go the junta!

leave as well ??

He means 90% of the sex industry nationally is there to cater for Thai men. Tens of thousands of Thai women prostitute themselves. Only a small proportion make it to the Farang big time at the beach, cowboy or nana. Add to that all of the tens of thousands of Mia Noi and we really can start to see why Thai girls prefer good clean, respectable and responsible western men.

Mmmmm, thanks for that. Never been to Thailand, hadn't noticed that.

As for the clean, respectable and responsible western men RAOFLAO, thanks that's priceless.

I suppose power of the dollar has nothing to do with it. Geeze, so many respectable farang, I wonder where they all hide out?

go the junta!

LOL, I'm sensing so e hostility HD, Constipated ?

I'd rather think of myself as high class hypocrite, having not been in a bar for a very long time and repelled by the downward slide of the scene about 25 years ago (more) I couldn't give a rats backside what they close down and if it reduced some of the DEAD beat grubs in tourist areas I could holiday in Phuket again smile.png without being exposed to all those creepy beer belly sexpats stinking the joint up wink.png

Imagine the productivity output in LOS if you could get all those lazy young folk out of the bars and into some meaningful type of employment, paying taxes and producing goods, low class deadbeats would move onto the phillipines or wherever and some better paying high class tourist might return, not to be repelled by the seedy cesspits that ooze out of joints like Patts, Patong, CM, and certain parts of Bangers.

For those lasses & lads desperate to apply the 'trade' they'd be no shortage of local opportunities 555555

Win win, in my eyes.

Teacher! Leave them sleazy ho's, pimps, creepy beer belly sexpats, beer bars, go-go bars, & nekkid wimmen alone! Our cesspit's got such wonderful local color & meets its market. Head to Sarasota, FLA, USA for your granny experience.

• Like 1

go the junta!

leave as well ??

Mmmmm, thanks for that. Never been to Thailand, hadn't noticed that.

As for the clean, respectable and responsible western men RAOFLAO, thanks that's priceless.

I suppose power of the dollar has nothing to do with it. Geeze, so many respectable farang, I wonder where they all hide out?

Allot of forang scum bags also probably 80 % of us Re scum bags

Beer tattoos top off. Old man with 20 year mistress or lady boy

Come on " respectable westerners " that hang around soi cowboy and nana

Don't make me laugh

Like the Cambodian exodus, likely this is a response to the media created attention to undocumented workers and those held to work seeming against their wills. Thailand has for decades been vilified in international media for these matters and the go go bars. There is a cycle to these things, and we are in that part of that cycle nowdays.

But, I also say....... Go Army! Clean out the Man In Dubai cronies.