Thailand's NBTC to impose new system to register prepaid SIM cards

webfact

Thailand is simply catching up with numerous other countries. Not everyone that uses a SIM enabled device does so for legitimate purposes.

I live here and I obey the laws. When I can't or won't, I will move on.

there is no catching up Thailand is being told to do this by the IMF/WB all part of enslavement...remember most phones now have GPS TRACKING, so all the donkeys saying good for knowing where the bad people are ..they are just idiots who just cant grasp what is really going on here (hint the bad people are funded by your hereos NSA, CIA, MI5, MOSAD etc)

Please don't hold back with the name calling. I read somewhere that name calling is often a display of a lack of vocabulary or the absence of serious thought. I just read that and can't say it's accurate all the time.

NSA, CIA,MI5, MOSAD, etc? My heroes don't hold political office, don't work for any government, are not appointed, are not celebrities and often times are not paid a salary.

As far as I know, no one forces anyone to have a SIM enabled device, just as no one is forced to to believe or not to believe in any sort of conspiracy.

I have the option to seek an alternative view of the world without the use of metal foil to deflect the mind reading capabilities of various intelligence agencies.

Live and Let Live

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks. First of all, at this stage, I don't believe ANYTHING coming from ANY media source within Thailand. When the military no longer controls them, I'll consider taking what they say seriously. Secondly, they can hardly cook a hotdog properly at 7-11 and pick their nose around the clock, they are not touching my phone.

This has been the law for many years, enacted because people in the South were using phones to set off bombs. The law part is very clear - no SIM of any type can be sold without ID offered and recorded.

The law is observed very much in the breach - until now at least.

I want to know who the genius is who created this process. Download the app...BS. Never gonna happen. Why not have the app pre installed on the SIM.

You really want to install alongside the SIM or USIM SIM application something from the Junta? And then, install it fully into userspace on the phone, I do not know about you but does this seem a bit open to abuse.

Furthermore, the article is poorly written in that it does not state that the application does not need to be installed on the target handset. It can be on any handset as the SIM and the ID are passed together for approval.

When it is approved the SIM will be activated on the network, not via a client (phone) side action.

"Need not worry about security." So says the Thai and the Thai press in describing how it works. No one will need to be concerned that SIM card sellers will not breach personal information security. The Thais say so, it must be so.

There is some security needed,,, In Australia You have to register when you buy a Sim Than activate the phone wit the registered name .They do that to stop criminals and other cheats with stolen Sim cards to be registered with a falls name and falls info If they tap the criminals phone if he is investigated make that the perp is easier to be found.

About 6-7 years ago it was announced that pre-paid mobile phone users in Thailand had to register their details for the service to continue, I went to the local D-TAC shop, presented phone and passport and the staff member went off into the back, I heard the photocopier running and a minute or two later the phone and passport were handed back to me, "Finished" said the pretty young lady, "You register now".

A few months ago I was bored and started to play with the various sections of my phone that I never normally use, up came a section about personal details, I clicked on registration details and it said " No record of registration, press 1 to register". I did not register but I was surprised that my phone was not actually registered when I went to the D-TAC office all that time ago. Wonder if this will be much the same.

My phone went 'Mobile Operation not in operation' last week. I moved the SIM card to my old phone. Then I got 'Unregistered'. So I took it to AIS. They asked me to wait 20 minutes. They issued me with a new SIM card [old one 2G new one 3] and my number remained the same. And they asked me to register. This involved writing my name and signing at the bottom.

It's no coincidence at all that the army comes in all ready to take large steps like having all foreigners and all phone numbers registered. No, it will not be paper registration nor will all documentation they presently gather. There computer system will surely be given to them will rules and regulations, and where to send the funds.

When a new government, per-say, is placed, it always comes from the direction of the IMF families. Yes the IMF is privately owned as is banks with names like

THE FEDERAL RESERVE, CENTRAL BANK OF such and such,,,,,every country has one. They want us enslaved and need records to watch and control us.

It's not the USA, it's the people who are doing the same to them. The people behind the scenes run all governments. 130 countries went bankrupt to the IMF people in 1930, it was then they created the Birth Certificate. The 130 countries promised to repay the IMF people with our labor, without our permission. Other countries have fallen since then and all will.

Watch what the so-called Alcida (sorry, no spell check for this word yet) will do with the Middle-east over the next 5 years. One new Arab state like the Euro nations. A common Americas, a common Asia, not sure where Russia will fit in or whether there will be a fight or not but the end goal is to control all of us in their NEW WORLD ORDER. We work and they enjoy. By the way,,,there are way too many of us on this earth to keep them happy. Many of us must leave.

I'm sure many of you know all this but please do educate others that don't.

Google any portion I just spoke about above.

Alcida is American CIA which was set up for the IMFs interest...Period...the same goes for the new "privet" army they say will be needed in the US.

Thailand will never be the same.

Neither will I after reading this little lot. Smelling salts, anyone?

• Like 2

My phone went 'Mobile Operation not in operation' last week. I moved the SIM card to my old phone. Then I got 'Unregistered'. So I took it to AIS. They asked me to wait 20 minutes. They issued me with a new SIM card [old one 2G new one 3] and my number remained the same. And they asked me to register. This involved writing my name and signing at the bottom.

It's no coincidence at all that the army comes in all ready to take large steps like having all foreigners and all phone numbers registered. No, it will not be paper registration nor will all documentation they presently gather. There computer system will surely be given to them will rules and regulations, and where to send the funds.

When a new government, per-say, is placed, it always comes from the direction of the IMF families. Yes the IMF is privately owned as is banks with names like

THE FEDERAL RESERVE, CENTRAL BANK OF such and such,,,,,every country has one. They want us enslaved and need records to watch and control us.

It's not the USA, it's the people who are doing the same to them. The people behind the scenes run all governments. 130 countries went bankrupt to the IMF people in 1930, it was then they created the Birth Certificate. The 130 countries promised to repay the IMF people with our labor, without our permission. Other countries have fallen since then and all will.

Watch what the so-called Alcida (sorry, no spell check for this word yet) will do with the Middle-east over the next 5 years. One new Arab state like the Euro nations. A common Americas, a common Asia, not sure where Russia will fit in or whether there will be a fight or not but the end goal is to control all of us in their NEW WORLD ORDER. We work and they enjoy. By the way,,,there are way too many of us on this earth to keep them happy. Many of us must leave.

Alcida is American CIA which was set up for the IMFs interest...Period...the same goes for the new "privet" army they say will be needed in the US.

Sounds like you have been listening to AJ...he gave a great speech in Dallas last month. You can watch it on todays addition of the infowars website

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? WHAT A DREAM WORLD YOU ARE IN! You are hilarious! One of your brilliant statments (I'm sure you must have at least a PhD degree!) is, "Alcida is American CIA which was set up for the IMFs interest...Period."

"Alcida" (sic) is American CIA? Where exactly is your proof for that bizarre statement!

• Like 1

Not a big problem:

Most countries have some kind of registration system for pre-paid (photocopy of ID or password).

App won't be possible as there are too many phones that don't work like that.

50% of the registrations submitted by 7-11 gals will have the wrong ID photocopy attached to the sim

The real "terrorists" will simply have someone else register their phone for them....I can even see some of the 7-11 staff offering to do that for 100bhat! Much easier paperwork for them haha

• Like 1

More draconian measures, more rules, more regulations, and they do with all that information?

nothing, nada, lip service from the bureaucrats, hey look at us, we 're working here....

Registering your ID and new SIM is common practice in most countries. You want a SIM card, you register name and address, show your ID or passport. Easy done. Thailand is just catching up with the rest of the world.

There are also security aspects to this, I'm sure, where stolen SIM cards are used for remote control of things that go bang.

"Thailand is just catching up with the rest of the world."

Actually I recall a time when there was a requirement that you had to register to get a sim card in Thailand. Don't remember the details. Copy of passport or ID ... something like that. I think it was when there had been some "bombs" set off by mobile phones. Don't know if the regulation was ever repealed or just faded away from lack of enforcement.

Ah yes. It was Thaksin who did it about 10 years ago:

Posted 2005-04-16 21:26:23

PM orders control of 'sim cards'

BANGKOK: -- The government is launching a 'sim card order', especially in Thailand's southern border region, to control the current spate of insurgency in the region, according to Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/32008-thaksin-orders-control-of-sim-cards/

Edited by Suradit69

Not a big problem:

Most countries have some kind of registration system for pre-paid (photocopy of ID or password).

App won't be possible as there are too many phones that don't work like that.

50% of the registrations submitted by 7-11 gals will have the wrong ID photocopy attached to the sim

The real "terrorists" will simply have someone else register their phone for them....I can even see some of the 7-11 staff offering to do that for 100bhat! Much easier paperwork for them haha

The report is partially wrong, the app is on the phone/tablet of the dealer not downloaded onto your phone. This law has been on the statue books for a long time but has only been implemented in the south in the last 2 years. As far as I know it doesn't matter where you get a prepaid/postpaid SIM it needs to be registered EXCEPT for Thailand. And a person will be investigated if they have an excessive number of SIMs registered to their name.

The process is quite painless, and the data is kept by the mobile operators NOT the NBTC.

For those of you who didn't get the process:

It's not you (the buyer) who installs the application, but the shop operator (seller), and they will use the app, to take a picture of you and your id card, which will be transferred to the Big Brother for verification and not saved on the phone.

So you don't have to install anything, just smile and cooperate.

---

And yes, it's common practice to have prepaid cards registered in a lot of country, and it was expected to be implemented in Thailand as well - how could they put you to jail for reading censored content over mobile internet, if they didn't know who you are?

Edited by RobertHima

Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out

Faceless people watching on a TV screen

Do you begin to sense it just beneath the surface

Reflections of a window whilst walking down the street?

Computers are abused, school records are fed

Police are checking on what you said

The number of your car is fed into a box

Your journey's being checked, it's a paradox

Duplicate forms and ID cards are next in line to disregard

Future generations are relying on us

It's a world we've made, incubus

They done this now and then since 2001, they had a period the sim card didnt work without registering, but that didnt last long, so this is a new go

But good thing is you not loos your number or your money if the thief not used your phone

More draconian measures, more rules, more regulations, and they do with all that information?

nothing, nada, lip service from the bureaucrats, hey look at us, we 're working here....

Registering your ID and new SIM is common practice in most countries. You want a SIM card, you register name and address, show your ID or passport. Easy done. Thailand is just catching up with the rest of the world.

There are also security aspects to this, I'm sure, where stolen SIM cards are used for remote control of things that go bang.

agree. standard practice anywhere in Europe and has been for years.

it's a good idea and about time they do it here. if you are not a criminal why would you care? got something to hide?

• Like 1

No thanks. First of all, at this stage, I don't believe ANYTHING coming from ANY media source within Thailand. When the military no longer controls them, I'll consider taking what they say seriously. Secondly, they can hardly cook a hotdog properly at 7-11 and pick their nose around the clock, they are not touching my phone.

Wrong,phones are something kids do know about,due to constant use.Security is a different matter.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? WHAT A DREAM WORLD YOU ARE IN! You are hilarious! One of your brilliant statments (I'm sure you must have at least a PhD degree!) is, "Alcida is American CIA which was set up for the IMFs interest...Period."

"Alcida" (sic) is American CIA? Where exactly is your proof for that bizarre statement!

The proof the statements may be found in the National Archives of the Federal Libarary of Bizzaro World.

CAPs = shouting. Perhaps in this case, very understandable.(I am not the CAPs Police). :)

Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out

Faceless people watching on a TV screen

Do you begin to sense it just beneath the surface

Reflections of a window whilst walking down the street?

Computers are abused, school records are fed

Police are checking on what you said

The number of your car is fed into a box

Your journey's being checked, it's a paradox

Duplicate forms and ID cards are next in line to disregard

Future generations are relying on us

It's a world we've made, incubus

I too was paranoid until I was put on medication. (I think it was really a nano-camera with a transmitter and it's reading my thoughts). :)

Brilliant idea. Can work even for tourists and foreigners. If for any crime prevention or safety, it's a good idea.

Tha's exactly how they want us to think and why were done,,,wake up. Ignorance is very deadly.

Do some goole and youtube serches.

Some areas in the problem south provinces I read in a Thai book

Register also the imei number of mobiles

Registering sim does not solve the problem

That one who plants dinething against law

Bought simcard on the net , or use a stolen phone with faked imei!

It's not common practise where I come from in Europe. When I get a new sim card it's up to me if I like to register it or not. And I never have to show my id card or anything like that

"Need not worry about security." So says the Thai and the Thai press in describing how it works. No one will need to be concerned that SIM card sellers will not breach personal information security. The Thais say so, it must be so.

The way I read it, It seems the Authorities want to know who is making the phone calls or surfing the internet, so they know who they need to arrest if someone insights trouble for the coup! Big Brother is watching!

Brilliant idea. Can work even for tourists and foreigners. If for any crime prevention or safety, it's a good idea.

Tha's exactly how they want us to think and why were done,,,wake up. Ignorance is very deadly.

Do some goole and youtube serches.

Yes these type of things are always sold to the public as a way to protect us from crime or "terrorism".There are some people who will never wake up no matter how much verified information you put in front of their nose. They will go to the grave still believing whatever disinfo has been fed to them their whole lives by the controlled mainstream media so don't waist your time on them bro.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? You must be too busy smoking.

It is a fact that Alkida is CIA, Google it damit.

Infowars will show you where to look.

You are exactly like they want us to be,,,,dumb and submissive. Your type will bring us all into slavory.

I don't see the huge potential threat, although I personally don't agree with the practice.
Since I'm very liberal I can't agree with any system that can be used and abused for control. But as someone else said, you are not forced to buy a sim. It's not like they are green shape-shifting lizard people from the 5th dimension forcing us to insert control-cards in our brains as Niburu is slowly coming back to us in the dark space, and the Annunaki beings will come to take control on their genetically modified offspring called humans........ No... I don't buy the Alex Jones and David Icke BS... Zeitgeist has good points, but somewhere people just gave in to some kind of mass psychosis...
For you who did, where you some of the guys being completely enchanted by the 21st Dec 2012 "event"?? Did you fall in love the apocalyptic horror theories? Or perhaps it wasn't the horror, but a wake up of all humanity as timewave zero reached it's end, and either we all would die to our own destruction, or we all needed to take huge amounts of DMT or Psilocybin (schrooms) to understand the REAL reality... No, I like McKenna, but I think he's just like most philosophers or scientists who sooner or later fall in love with their own theories to the point where they stop being skeptic and asking more questions unless the questions favor their theory...

This is common practice in many nations. Cambodia, India, Norway to name a few. Not Sweden for some reason, not sure why, but so far we've succeeded to bypass that. Perhaps it's not needed with all other surveillance anyway... Sure we will see an increase in more and more control. But people being paranoid of all from the Junta to Shape-shifting lizards better stop smoking for a few days and see that on an individual plane the world is not that terrible.. The only thing that has changed is this mass communication around the world, which makes it seem like the world is at a tipping point. But seriously the world as a whole is getting more and more peaceful, which can easily be demonstrated by real historical graphs...

And yea, we might be too many people, but I believe that will change as countries develop more. Look at Japan. They had a real boom in the 80's-90's. Today they have loads of old people in really good health, while the young don't get enough kids to make up for the pensions these folks claim and have the rights to. It's a pyramid upside down, but it will even out. India is for sure next. China got their ways make the population less and less, as well as Korea, like it or not. But they are kind of killing themselves by choosing to give birth to boys while aborting the girls...

I don't know why I even bother. perhaps cause I have too much free time on my hands...

Registering Sim cards became compulsory some eight years ago in Malaysia as an anti terrorist measure. If you did not register your sim card by a certain cutoff date, the card would be deactivated. Living there at the time I had no problems registering