British tourist jailed for molesting Emirates attendant on Bangkok to Dubai flight

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Emirates hosties costumes, with the little red caps and wrap around shawl, turn me way off. Most need a shave too.

Whoever thought dung was a good colour for a uniform ought to lose their job alright..

I can't belive he had to admit he was drinking alcohol without a licence. As a tourist you are not required to have an alcoholic drinking licence. This is only for residents.

Some of the laws of Dubai are really strange.

It is impossible to get a drinking licence when you are a tourist, as the application forms for it ( to be used in A+e / MMI ) needs to be signed and stamped by your company.

I agree with some of the posts above, I would never go back to Dubai, its still in the stone age.

Nonsense, Emirates is a great airline and Dubai is no more/less safe/risky than anywhere else on the planet - different countries have different rules regarding pharma/meds, just play by their rules not yours.

I lived in the UAE for ten years and flew in and out of Dubai several times a year, as well as visiting the city at least a couple times a month for shopping. Never had a problem and never felt threatened by the legal system. As is true in any country where you choose to live and work, you have to understand the local laws and customs and behave in accordance with them, whether they suit your lifestyle or not.

I had an annually renewed liquor license in Abu Dhabi, but it wasn't a licence to be drunk in public, it simply meant you were allowed to buy some amount of liquor from government approved shops. His "confession" regarding drinking alcohol without a licence doesn't imply that it makes any sense legally unless he also was carrying alcohol in his luggage or maybe it was an attempt to divert attention from the charge of touching the attendant inappropriately.

A tourist registered in a hotel can drink on the premises without a licence if he is not Muslim, but the claim that he admitted to drinking without a licence seems either irrelevant or else he was not a tourist. News reports are not legal recordings of fact.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

"confessed to consuming alcohol without a licence".

Do you need a licence to consume alcohol inflight?

You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol and consune it on board, which is what i suspect happened in this case as they dont serve miniature bottles on this sector if i remember correctly.

Sounds a bit strange to me. You're not allowed to bring liquids exceeding 50ml in total if I remember correctly through the security scanners in your carry on luggage and I don't recall them selling the small airline sized miniature bottles in the Duty Free shops at the airport.

I suspect he got them on the plane and they decided to throw the book at him merely because that's what they do over there.

As far as I'm aware, there is a 100mL rule on flights to/from Australia. I don't believe such a rule exists to UAE.

Nonsense, Emirates is a great airline and Dubai is no more/less safe/risky than anywhere else on the planet - different countries have different rules regarding pharma/meds, just play by their rules not yours.

That's fair, if only the majority of these same people would have the same attitude when they come to the UK.

It is customary for most countries to ban the consumption of alcohol which was brought on board by passengers. All alcohol consumed on board must be served by members of the flight crew for those speculating. Anyway, this passenger sounds like a jack ass. He would have been removed by law enforcement by most countries since 9/11

I know a hostie who was deadheading to London and woke up to find some Indian behind her copping a handful of tit. He was a "British citizen" so was charged and bailed.

Her airline flew her back to London for the court appearance and he was done for it.

I'm sure our pished up tourist found his option infinitely preferable.

Sober up, pay a quick fine and be on your way.

Added: Having said that I see he got three months (good), so ignore that entire post.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

From the laws: "being intoxicated in a public place is illegal". That says it all.

On top, most TV posters are more worried about a possible non-drinking experience than the fact that the bastard sexually assaulted the woman. Derogatory remarks like "a slap on the bottom and kiss on the hand is pretty harmless" show at what low level some have arrived. How would you react if some man slaps your wife/girlfriend on the bottom and kisses her hand? Oh yes, you would tel him off, right? But a hostie is a lower female individual so you can slap her bottom if you like to do so.... jeez what a moron.

For the law it is indecent and inappropriate behaviour and as the Brits say: Not done! If one of the two people involved does not agree with the butt slap and/or hand kiss, it means it is not allowed, simple as that!

Here a very good answer by women to this behaviour:

572_little-girl-crouch-stomp.gif

• Like 2

From the laws: "being intoxicated in a public place is illegal". That says it all.

On top, most TV posters are more worried about a possible non-drinking experience than the fact that the bastard sexually assaulted the woman. Derogatory remarks like "a slap on the bottom and kiss on the hand is pretty harmless" show at what low level some have arrived. How would you react if some man slaps your wife/girlfriend on the bottom and kisses her hand? Oh yes, you would tel him off, right? But a hostie is a lower female individual so you can slap her bottom if you like to do so.... jeez what a moron.

For the law it is indecent and inappropriate behaviour and as the Brits say: Not done! If one of the two people involved does not agree with the butt slap and/or hand kiss, it means it is not allowed, simple as that!

Absolutely agree- to say its ok / not a big deal to slap a woman shows how some men still in their caves - a total lack of respect.

You are in a restaurant , it's OK to slap the waitress - because in your drunken stupor you think that is acceptable.

This attitude leads to rape- look what is happening in India and Pakistan, where women are treated as property/ second class citizens.

Well said

Really ? So you don't think going to prison for holding hands with someone you're not married to extreme ?

Read again what I wrote and then reconsider whether your question fits or not! I don't mention anything about laws, practice, customs or what others might think is fair or not.

My daughter is British/Thai cabin crew for Emirates. To the guy who said what's the world coming to when you can't touch up a 'hostie', please allow me to touch up your 'daughter', 'wife', 'grand daughter', etc etc .... I am sure it is fine.

To the guy who called cabin crew 'hostie' .... they are cabin crew !!

To the guy who said some of the female cabin crew need a shave .... you obviously haven't a clue about the selection process Emirates have in place for their recruitment of cabin crew. I am sure you are god's gift to women and are perfectly groomed.

And to anyone who doesn't rate Emirates, you are really in the minority. They are one of the world's best airlines, with the most investment in aircraft and staff. They have the biggest fleet of A380's, with new aircraft constantly on order. The person who said the economy section is cramped .... do you know the seat width of Emirates aircraft compared to other airlines ??? Really !!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Yseat-EK.htm

Ass-hole gets drunk and behaves lewdly. Let's blame the airline and the country it's flying to. Makes perfect sense in ThaiVisa universe.

I wonder what the comments from the TV brain trust would be if the passenger were named Mohammed.

T

H e may have been called Mohhamed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/670013-drunken-russia-tourists-learn-bangkok-lesson-in-manners/

In the above case, drunk Russians behaving badly on an airport Tarmac were rightly condemned by TV members.

Meanwhile a drunk Brit feeling up a cabin crew is somehow the airline's fault. It would seem there is no consistency, but there is, and it is this: always blame the 'other,' or, "we" can do no wrong and "they" can do no right.

Yes, today, I have way too much time. But it didn't take long; I just did a cursory search in the news section. I'm sure if I had searched "Muslim" or "Indian" I would've found similar examples.

T

• Like 1

OK you can get off your high horse now, before you fall off and undo all your good work.

I agree. He could have been really insulting by calling them 'trolly dollies' tongue.png

• Like 1

I would see your opinions guys if this idiot molests your relatives, just slap their bottom, cause he had feeiling.

I hope the muslin guards in jail teach him some good-breeding.

• Like 1

OK you can get off your high horse now, before you fall off and undo all your good work.

I agree. He could have been really insulting by calling them 'trolly dollies' tongue.png

Or 'air waitresses...'

When the evening meal was served, we seemed to wait ages for the cart to appear at our row. We were offered the choice offered on the menu of Beef or Salmon, and then immediately told the Salmon had run out some time ago. Then why offer it?

A running joke to keep the cabin crew amused?

The seats were just way to uncomfortable, narrow and very little seat cushioning. I will return my loyal patronage back to Qantas for my USA - Australia hauls!

You're not that bleeding loyal, are you?

Extremely difficult to get in and out if you are sitting not beside the aisle. Situation gets worse if you get a fairly big size passenger. Consolation was the in flight entertainment.

The in flight entertainment wasn't a British tourist slapping the arse of the trolley dolly was it?

Edited by wooloomooloo

Or "Flying mattresses".

blink.png

My daughter is British/Thai cabin crew for Emirates. To the guy who said what's the world coming to when you can't touch up a 'hostie', please allow me to touch up your 'daughter', 'wife', 'grand daughter', etc etc .... I am sure it is fine.

To the guy who said some of the female cabin crew need a shave .... you obviously haven't a clue about the selection process Emirates have in place for their recruitment of cabin crew. I am sure you are god's gift to women and are perfectly groomed.

And to anyone who doesn't rate Emirates, you are really in the minority. They are one of the world's best airlines, with the most investment in aircraft and staff. They have the biggest fleet of A380's, with new aircraft constantly on order. The person who said the economy section is cramped .... do you know the seat width of Emirates aircraft compared to other airlines ??? Really !!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Yseat-EK.htm

They are up their own behinds frankly.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/emirates-confirm-footrests-get-boot-46107.html

Allegedly this was for cost saving, but it didn't stop them putting a bloody great water tank on them for the first class showers.

rolleyes.gif

That is just stupid. Have lost count of the girls who have grabbed my bum. deliberately or 'accidentally. Should I kick them in the crutch?

The best thing to do in that situation is to show them up. Speak loudly if in public to expose the perpetrator.

If you have it in your system (urine) then it's a crime if they check it.

If that's the case why are there bars that sell alcohol in the airport? Why can you buy alcohol in hotels in Dubai?

That is just stupid. Have lost count of the girls who have grabbed my bum. deliberately or 'accidentally. Should I kick them in the crutch?

The best thing to do in that situation is to show them up. Speak loudly if in public to expose the perpetrator.

Are you a woman that is unwillingly slapped on the bottom and hand-kissed?

If you are a man, biologically, you are on the side of the perpetrators. The number of women that rape men is very low. But e.g. in the US only, every hour 78 women are raped by men. That is the difference, men cannot do as if any woman is their possession.

Women are in a better position to do the same, as most men would like to be slapped on the butt. As I said before it's a problem if one of the two involved does not want it. If both like it and want it, it can be fun. As long as the lady does not permit it, you're in trouble.

Your solution in case a man does not like the slap is correct. Like the woman in the crowded bus who loudly spoke, whilst holding a man's hand up: "Anyone knows to whom this hand belongs? I found it on my butt!" smile.png

Ass-hole gets drunk and behaves lewdly. Let's blame the airline and the country it's flying to. Makes perfect sense in ThaiVisa universe.

I wonder what the comments from the TV brain trust would be if the passenger were named Mohammed.

T

H e may have been called Mohhamed.

He is British so he could well have been called Mohammed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/421481/Changing-face-of-Britain-Muhammad-is-now-second-most-popular-boys-name

• Like 1

You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol and consune it on board, which is what i suspect happened in this case as they dont serve miniature bottles on this sector if i remember correctly.

Sounds a bit strange to me. You're not allowed to bring liquids exceeding 50ml in total if I remember correctly through the security scanners in your carry on luggage and I don't recall them selling the small airline sized miniature bottles in the Duty Free shops at the airport.

I suspect he got them on the plane and they decided to throw the book at him merely because that's what they do over there.

I am sure that Swampy will sell miniatures.