Foreigner with dark skin found dead on Pattaya beach

Rimmer

only ignorant people are racist......Try to think human and not race,,,,,,scientifically race doesn't exist

Raymond, I hope you are successful in your fight because I have always resented being called Caucasian.

In Thailand, is the expression "dark skinned" a well-known reference to Africans?

Thais call African people "chocolate, dark-skinned is reserved for Southern Thais and sometimes NE Thais (Isan)

Thanks for offering that clarity.

I still have a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Back to the subject: how about a photo (digitize face if they wish), height, approx weight, any distinguishing marks/tattoos.... to help identify him. Just saying "dark skin" is like trying to turn in some Thai girl for crime "Black hair, brown eyes". Boy that sure narrows it! Picture worth a thousand words give or take a few

I would say the description of wearing a black vest narrows it down quite well.

Black vests are about as popular as tophats in thailand.

How do they know he's a foreigner if he has no ID? Plenty of dark skinned, and light for that matter, are Thai citizens.

Perhaps they looked at his facial features, that would point them in the right direction, don't you think?

"Dark Skin" is not a race of people, my guess one less Nigerian to worry about in Thailand, so that would make he a Negro. God rest him !!

No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings.

We can pick our nose, but not our race.

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

is calling someone redneck hillbilly racist? if yes i'm calling Jerry a redneck hillbilly :)

• Like 1

You can't say ni**er, in case it offends.... even though they use that word a lot.

You can't say negro in case that offends and they use that word also between themselves.

There are a host of other words as well that you can't use in case it offends.

Seems that no matter what word you use to refer to someone of African descent, someone will be offnded and call you a racist.

So on that rationale, it is the fact you are referring to someone of 'African descent' is the offensive act and not the word.

Which by the same rationale... dark skinned and Afro-Carriean should also be considered offensive because it means you are pointing out an African descended person...... How absolutely racist.

Don't talk about them..... much better.... No wait!.... that would be racist.

Just say black. It is what is. If Caucasians are white, surely black is black. Coloured is just nonsense isn't it?

"Dark Skin" is not a race of people, my guess one less Nigerian to worry about in Thailand, so that would make he a Negro. God rest him !!

No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings.

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

I'm A racists I love to go fast!!

• Like 1

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

Oh do shut up.Can't say black,can't say negro, how about off white?

Or extreme beige.......................??

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

There are three major races; Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid. Individual members of the three races can be referred to as Caucasian, Mongol and Negro. Simply using that nomenclature is not racist.

The old system divided humans in 5 races, not 3. You miss the AmerIndians and the mixed race.

But as I stated the actual anthropological system does not divide races anymore, as we all descend from the African Homo erectus.

It's true that race amongst humans does not exist. Al humans belong to the species Homo sapiens and as in mammals the next division is called subspecies, not race (like in birds). Humans all belong to the subspecies sapiens. In full: Homo sapiens sapiens.

Add to that that the African Homo erectus has replaced other species, like Homo neanderthalensis, Homo rhodesiensis and Homo heidelbergensis, it means in fact that all non-African people are descending from the African Homo erectus, thus being more closely related to each other.

Skin colour can change in 100 generations, depending on climate.

From a directive of the European Union:

"The European Union rejects theories which attempt to determine the existence of separate human races."

Council Directive 2000/43/EC[129]

Can you still say homo? sad.png

Yes. Homo is the Latin word for "Human". And also used for the gender-neutral word "Man" (like in mankind).

In the Fifties "black" was regarded as the most insulting word one could use for an American of African origin. "Coloured" was widely used for a while but proved sufficiently offensive to be superceded by "Negro" - which just to be Spanish for (you guessed it!). . . black! Negro was the norm until the late 1960s and was used in Martin Luther King, Jr's famous I Have a Dream speech in 1963.

However, other civil rights campaigners objected to Negro because they felt it made African Americans as second class citizens and Militant Malcolm X preferred (you couldn't make it up) black. He only started using the term Afro-American after after rejecting Islam.

In the humble opinion of this honkey, or whitey or cracker if you prefer, it seems there just ain't no pleasin' some folks.

Malcolm X separated from The Nation of Islam but he was still a devoted Muslim. Elijah Muhammad was the first to start using again the word "black". This started in Detroit, Michigan.

It's true that race amongst humans does not exist. Al humans belong to the species Homo sapiens and as in mammals the next division is called subspecies, not race (like in birds). Humans all belong to the subspecies sapiens. In full: Homo sapiens sapiens.

Add to that that the African Homo erectus has replaced other species, like Homo neanderthalensis, Homo rhodesiensis and Homo heidelbergensis, it means in fact that all non-African people are descending from the African Homo erectus, thus being more closely related to each other.

Skin colour can change in 100 generations, depending on climate.

From a directive of the European Union:

"The European Union rejects theories which attempt to determine the existence of separate human races."

Council Directive 2000/43/EC[129]

Can you still say homo? sad.png

Yes. Homo is the Latin word for "Human". And also used for the gender-neutral word "Man" (like in mankind).

Men is also plural for man Men is the prefix for mental... Edited by Semeya

You can't say ni**er, in case it offends.... even though they use that word a lot.

You can't say negro in case that offends and they use that word also between themselves.

Seems that no matter what word you use to refer to someone of African descent, someone will be offnded and call you a racist.

So on that rationale, it is the fact you are referring to someone of 'African descent' is the offensive act and not the word.

Which by the same rationale... dark skinned and Afro-Carriean should also be considered offensive because it means you are pointing out an African descended person...... How absolutely racist.

Just say black. It is what is. If Caucasians are white, surely black is black. Coloured is just nonsense isn't it?

Africans does't descend..to descend is to move or fall downward. Also Caucasian are not white. When you understand the location of the Caucasus Mountain. Then you will understand!!!

Africans does't descend..to descend is to move or fall downward. Also Caucasian are not white. When you understand the location of the Caucasus Mountain. Then you will understand!!!

I am familiar with the location but nobody has understood the reason for this origin, not even Christopf Meiners, and he was the one who originated it. Please shed some light ;-)

only ignorant people are racist......Try to think human and not race,,,,,,scientifically race doesn't exist

Raymond, I hope you are successful in your fight because I have always resented being called Caucasian.

In Thailand, is the expression "dark skinned" a well-known reference to Africans?

Or African Americans???? or Indians maybe??? or fellow Thais...take your pick..

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

"my guess one less Nigerian to worry about"

And a bigot as well...

An inflammatory post has been removed:

The four line OP mentions 'Foreigner with dark skin found dead on Pattaya beach' That is all we know so please stop all the racist posts.

Thank you

Body of foreigner found on Jomtien Beach
On Tuesday Morning a Deckchair Operator encountered the body of a foreign man on Jomtien Beach.

Police were called to the Beach, opposite the Grand Jomtien Palace Hotel just after 9am and met with Khun Amnoi aged 70 who arrives at the location at 4am daily to begin his working day as a deckchair operator.

When he arrived he saw the man on the beach and also claims to have seen the man enter the water. The High Tide was producing high waves which initially concerned Khun Amnoi who lost sight of the foreign man
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/132023/body-of-foreigner-found-on-jomtien-beach/#sthash.csZJ05XP.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-18

Jerry

Jerry, negro is racist!

There are three major races; Negroid, Caucasoid, and Mongoloid. Individual members of the three races can be referred to as Caucasian, Mongol and Negro. Simply using that nomenclature is not racist.

The old system divided humans in 5 races, not 3. You miss the AmerIndians and the mixed race.

But as I stated the actual anthropological system does not divide races anymore, as we all descend from the African Homo erectus.

Amerindians are mongoloids and mixed races are any combination of the other three--would you like to argue primary colors?

• Like 1

No one found out if he had gold teeth and a tattoo on his face yet?

I'm fearing it could be 'Iron Mike' partly fits the description.

Heard he was in town to make another movie............thumbsup.gif

Jerry

"...so that would make he a Negro"

"No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings."

You went to school in 1920s Mississippi, by any chance? [and perhaps skipped a couple of grammar classes along the way]

• Like 1

Jerry

"...so that would make he a Negro"

"No I am not Racist, as a young boy in school we learned the names of different races of human beings."

You went to school in 1920s Mississippi, by any chance? [and perhaps skipped a couple of grammar classes along the way]

DocNo,

Always like your posts and your SouthPark Avatar but on this one I have to tell you the expression "negro" was still in common use throughout the country well into the 60's and the expression is still used by older African-Americans today with no trace of disrespect intended to whom they describe. I have pointed out in a previous post it is still used in the name of the United Negro College Fund, which is the largest of its type in the US.

Additionally, please consider another term, "colored", which has also been thought to be non-PC from white America yet still is in the name of the NAACP, the National association of Colored People.

Perhaps we can move this thread back to the fact a man was found dead on a beach rather than continuing this current misdirect on racism that gchurch259 was attempting to bait.

Look forward to reading your posts on better topics. Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

many Thais in Pattaya called a black man, chocolate.

They are hardly the average Thai are they.

The average Thai would most likely call them 'nikro' which of course is the Thai adaptation of 'negro', if they were being rude they may say 'ai dum' or 'ai mued'.

I am familiar with the location but nobody has understood the reason for this origin, not even Christopf Meiners, and he was the one who originated it. Please shed some light ;-)

How about looking from this perspective.....JOHANN FRIEDRICH BLUMENBACH.......:) :)))))