Help! I can't access "My Ebay"

giddyup

I have no idea what's happened but I can't open "My Ebay". I have it saved in Favourites but whenever I click on it to open I get the message "This web page is not available". Even when I go to Ebay's main page I can't access the Search facility. None of my other programs have been affected and I haven't added anything new, I have run a full system scan for any viruses and everything comes up clean. What's going on?

Ebay was asking everyone to change their Pword a few weeks back 'coz their database was hacked [with implications for linked paypal accounts].

Just open up ebay (www.ebay.com or www.ebay.com.au) and logon (hope you can remember your user name),

there'll be a set of instructions re. changing pword, then you can resave to faves. Hope this helps, AA

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ebay was asking everyone to change their Pword a few weeks back 'coz their database was hacked [with implications for linked paypal accounts].

Just open up ebay (www.ebay.com or www.ebay.com.au) and logon (hope you can remember your user name),

there'll be a set of instructions re. changing pword, then you can resave to faves. Hope this helps, AA

I already changed my password a week ago. If I open either of the two websites you mentioned and click on "My Ebay" I still get the same message "this webpage is not available" The only Ebay I can access is Ebay UK.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have just accessed E bay Singapore, no problem here- Central Thailand.

Can you access www.ebay.com? I have a feeling it's a problem with my computer.

www.ebay.com works for me and happily connects to my UK account.

Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks, I downloaded Firefox and I can open Ebay.com from there.

I have had similar problems re. some passwords not being accepted (actually, i type the password and all seems OK but the browser doesn't input the password) using chromium (with linux). I suspect this happens after updates that aren't 100% effective.

Other things to do, as suggested by contributors above; clear the browser cache; and use at least two browsers (which are not such big files/packages) then synchronise favourites. AA

I have just accessed E bay Singapore, no problem here- Central Thailand.

If you recently changed your password and your computer has saved the old password, make sure you enter the new one manually.

I regularly access eBay Singapore (http://www.ebay.com.sg) even today and sometimes accidentally end up in eBay Thailand without any problem. If you get into eBay UK try placing a bid on something. Usually they want you to sign in to your local website when you start entering a bid. See what happens.

If nothing else works, write to customer service in Singapore: [email protected]

You should have received an email explaining the problem and what needs to happen before your account can be reinstated. If you can't find it, click My eBay at the top of the page. You'll find a copy of the email after clicking the Messages tab.

There are two reasons why an account may be suspended:

Non-payment of eBay fees: Account balances of US$1 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) or more must be paid in full each month. We'll automatically reinstate your account once your balance is paid. You can pay by PayPal, credit card or wire transfer.

Violation of our rules and policies: For policy violations, you need to check the email we sent you. It will explain what the problem was and what needs to happen before the account can be reinstated. You can learn about our policies.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.sg/ocs/sc

Edited by Suradit69

www.ebay.com works for me and happily connects to my UK account.

Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks, I downloaded Firefox and I can open Ebay.com from there.

Chrome is terrible, not compatible with most internet banking without dropping, and dropping in general with chrome is rife. I must refresh the page with chrome so many times it had to go. Shame because it has great extensions.

Chrome works just fine with all my bank, credit card, and other financials accounts...just fine...Chrome is my primary browser. IE works just fine also...it's my secondary/backup browser. And for the few weeks I had FireFox installed just to see if I liked it or not, it worked fine also with all my accounts.