Thai Post mysteriously loses 42,800 lottery tickets

webfact

Mystery post man will be able to check all his tickets clearly with my prescription glasses sent from the UK that mysteriously vanished in the Thai post.

I am sure the lottery tickets will be easy to trace they will know the exact numbers on the tickets that are missing and when someone claims them the Junta will pounce on them.

Thai Post already has a sub-wonderful reputation for damaging, throwing, folding and smashing packages into the worst condition,

More Farang Fantasy Factory nonsense. Saying something stupid like this does not turn it into a fact ( except here at Thai Visa of course). I've received and sent hundreds of items locally and internationally and never received anything damaged or had anything disappear. I certainly find the Thai Post Office more efficient and reliable than the increasingly miserable United States Postal Service or the execrable British Royal Mail.

Postal-strike_1482410c.jpg

+1 thumbsup.gif

last year 2 visa cards went missing in the post then the pin number letters were tampered with but had already been cancelled, When I approached the post office they admitted that the staff sometimes help themselves but I was to blame because the envelopes had the banks marking on it which would have been too tempting for the staff as they knew it might contain something valuableblink.png . Sent a box to Australia, 3 months later still no arrival, filed a complaint, they traced it to the airport then it disappeared according to the investigator, never heard anymore about it. Had a friend loose several packages sent to him and finally had the last one sent registered, still disappeared and when he went to the PO they said he had signed for it, turned out it was the postmans signature, he had been stealing the packages and selling them, nothing happened to him, still does the job, never had to apologize, never had to reimburse him, nothing. Try to buy the boxes/bubble wrap, padded envelopes they are supposed to sell at the post offices, they never have them because no one will re order when they are gone, they have no idea of what good service involves at all. Thai post may sometimes do a reasonable job but good they are not, until all the corruption and theft is stopped plus customer service improved it will remain so.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

The local postal's service it's simply rotten and corrupted to the bone as the most of the things operated in a local's manner, after all, why they should be any different? Aren't they operated by these people full of "cultural" (in Thailand this phenomenon is addressed as "culture" by locals and wannabe locals) values??

Regularly even the bills get "lost", the postman say it depends from the sender and not him, so why then i often get those mails opened up and from the neighbours?

Ahhhh those thai mysteries!

Very much thai, but not much of a mystery any more to whom want to see things for what they really are.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What is the tag number on Gen. Prayuth car? any one knows?

I still missing 3 small packs sent from Sweden before Christmas. I do not think I ever will get them. The Thai Post is like Ali Baba and the 40 robbers. Never trust them.

Thai Post already has a sub-wonderful reputation for damaging, throwing, folding and smashing packages into the worst condition,

More Farang Fantasy Factory nonsense. Saying something stupid like this does not turn it into a fact ( except here at Thai Visa of course). I've received and sent hundreds of items locally and internationally and never received anything damaged or had anything disappear. I certainly find the Thai Post Office more efficient and reliable than the increasingly miserable United States Postal Service or the execrable British Royal Mail.

+1 thumbsup.gif

guess it must be where you are in LOS, In 50 yrs ive never had anything go missing in the uk postal system , in my first 50 months in thailand i received 50% of what was sent from the uk ,{but i was in phuket then} ...... i would rate the royal mail {uk} among the best on the planet , then a uk postie is on £350 pw not 350b per day , but being trustworthy / honest has to be the major qualification for what is a crucial job .

+1 thumbsup.gif

guess it must be where you are in LOS, In 50 yrs ive never had anything go missing in the uk postal system , in my first 50 months in thailand i received 50% of what was sent from the uk ,{but i was in phuket then} ...... i would rate the royal mail {uk} among the best on the planet , then a uk postie is on £350 pw not 350b per day , but being trustworthy / honest has to be the major qualification for what is a crucial job .

I think the Thai Postal service is excellent. I've never had anyrhing go missing and delivery times are consistent and fast. I think those that are complaining about repeated ''undelivered credit cards'' etc. should check whose checking the mail...if you catch my drift

Over the last seven years we have not had one item go missing, nor have we had anything damaged through any fault of Thailand Post.

But, the two items that did go missing didn't get past one of the Sydney mail exchanges as the people there thought they'd like the items, one a personal gift, better than we might... They got caught and it was published in newspapers there. So, check the reliability and honesty of the system in your home countries first.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

My experience with Thai postal service is that it is unreliable at best. Many "lost" i.e. undelivered items/mail. Certainly not trust worthy IMO.

The Thai EMS service is not reliable either, as my recent experience demonstrates.

I was waiting for the delivery, via EMS, of a document from the UK Embassy in Bangkok. This was well overdue so I contacted them to see if there was a problem. They were actually very helpful but reckoned that the document had been dispatched several days earlier. They looked up the tracking number for me and I entered it into the 'Track and Trace' system. Imagine my amazement when I found that the document had been delivered and signed for, nine days previously - just not by me or by anyone that I recognised! The indication was that the delivery had been made to an entirely different address in a different moo-baan.

The Embassy sent out a duplicate document which did arrive OK. The original also eventually arrived - I rechecked the tracking information and the record had been amended. The document had been in limbo somewhere for nine days - still no idea where!

DM

Thailand Post is the pits.

The sheer volume of packets and parcels stolen every year must be quite staggering - my own family have had more than a dozen packets "disappear" over the last couple of years.

These were packages posted to us from a variety of international sources and all just vanished once Thailand Post took control of them.

In our own village, we have caught the local postman red-handed on TWO occasions forging my wife's signature and trying to keep the parcels for himself.

Has he been arrested and charged with attempted theft? - sacked at the very least?...............no, of course not.

Our complaints to Head Office resulted in him being "spoken to" by his boss but he continues in the same job, practising the same dishonest ways - he has no reason to change as he knows there are no consequences to his thieving.

We have resorted to having all our international post sent by a trackable service to a Poste Restante address at the local main post office - not perfect, but it does remove one proven source of trouble.

differance is shag if someone nicks post in uk its a crime theft from the crown (see what happens to you if say anything let alone nick something from lord and master here) also i live on samui the gits nick everything here come on general sort samui out ps good luck mate

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have mail and received 100's of letters and package both in country and out and never losss a damn thing. Now tell me how was this sent? Sure the hell should be registered mail. Somehow they should be able to track it.

Oh, I forgot the General told us we are Happy smile.png

I had small parcel sent from east coast of Canada.. It was sent Certified, Registered and with a return receipt mandated. We tracked it accross Canada, saw everyone who touched parcels Signature and Date/Time. rolleyes.gif

We saw when it was loaded aboard Flight to Bangkok... When it was Off-Loaded... Signatures... Time and Dates!wink.png

Then a Mysterious thing happened! It Disappeared.....clap2.gifwhistling.gif

At request of Sender a tracking was put in force. Canadian Postal Service says it was Delivered to Thai Postal Service. Thai Postal Service's Offical Reply was "We received nothing with this Certified/Register I.D.!!sad.png

What everyone here forgot was that there was a Signature recorded as all (Bulk of 1st Class Mail were unloaded off Aircraft. There is a Signature showing Parcel was Handed to Thai Postal Official!! They also by mistake signed the Return Receipt and it was deposited in Outbound Mail being loaded abord Aircraft.... (A total loss of Face for Thai Postal Employee!!)giggle.gif

Thailand still refused to say they receive parcel... My Friend here in Thailand (Chiang Mai - Postmaster) Started a reverse Search back to Bangkok and to Airport Terminal.... The next day I received Parcel in Chiang Mai, Delivered 1st thing in Morning by my Letter Carrier and his Boss (My friend-The Post Master) They could not exlain how Special Sealed Parcel Bag was delivered to his Office here at 0230hrs and he received a call to come and sign for/receive it.... w00t.gif

Funny how Thailad works... tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Oh... and Parcel? it was some free 3D viewing Glasses (36) donated for school here at my request... At least some Hilltribe children got some enjoyment as a result! wai2.gifthumbsup.gif