Facebook goes down for half an hour and we go mental

Lite Beer

Who needs to catch up with real friends and actually exercise my voice box...i have 794 friends on facebook that will be there with me til the end..if ever in need i can bury myself in my computer and protect myself from rejection by surrounding my posts all about me.. no need for real human interaction..someone might hurt me that way.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might be the only person in the world who is not into Facebook, not my thing...

But that's me, obviously the minority..

I quit when they refused to remove the video of a woman being beheaded in Mexico.

Despicable corporate scum.

And that thirty minutes was the most productive thirty minutes for business owners in the last 10 years

I do not understand the facebook in the crapper thing, My GF takes her iphone and sits there for 30-45 minutes, now when she goes I turn off the wifi and she is out in 5 minutes ...

I think I might be the only person in the world who is not into Facebook, not my thing...

I thought I was the only person, thanks Robert. wink.png Maybe we should start an anti farcebook club, we could sit and talk across the table and read real books, would it involve drinking though?w00t.gif

Me too, never had an account, never will have an account or page or whatever the correct term is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Facebook the scourge of the common people,the new religion,

opium of the masses,can you tell i don't like it,people need to get

a life.

regards worgeordie

"Farcebook/Faceache,Titter or Friends Reinvented all a load of pish with people talking drivel about what they are having for dinner etc. They need to get out more.

what an idiotic state, humanity is lost there is no hope for these sheple

You have no empathy. Do you have ANY idea what it is like to be cut off from Candy Crush? Do you realise the anguish caused when you can't post your latest selfie or meal?

FaceBook should be declared a global essential service so that government agencies around the world can be mandated to assist should such another catastrophe occur again.

That was great. Thank you for the laugh. Seastallion is my Hero for the Day.

clap2.gif

My ex used to say to me I'm going to meet a friend for lunch - she's Thai, with a Thai alleged 'friend' coming from wherever Europe, OZ or whatever. She's never even met them before so how can they be friends? Only previous contact was via Farcebook

People can complain about the facebook usage, but it does not change the fact that facebook and other social medias are great communication tools.

These services are for chatting as well as sharing valuable information. We use them as we wish to learn and share.

especially with the CIA. Facebook,i don't need this crap,i don't even carry my mobile around with me most of the time

• Like 1

What a pathetic state for people to get themselves into! Get a reality check you Facebook addicts, or maybe you are too far gone to go 'cold turkey'!

And think what efforts Communist East Germany made to spy on their citizen and still it didn't work 100 %. And the people resisted.

Now in capitalism people just put in their daily activities and opinions in facebook and the secret services only need to read it. Another example that capitalism is the more efficient system!

People can complain about the facebook usage, but it does not change the fact that facebook and other social medias are great communication tools.

These services are for chatting as well as sharing valuable information. We use them as we wish to learn and share.

especially with the CIA. Facebook,i don't need this crap,i don't even carry my mobile around with me most of the time

But you (and me) are soon extinguished dinosaurs.

I didn't had a mobile phone for a long time, but now, several services (like internetbanking) needs a mobile phone.

"We Thais need to educate ourselves about Mark Zuckerberg and other foreigners who are pushing this stuff on our kids. I pray our new government will finally ban this evil.'

Absolutely right. Then Thais could devote themselves to basic arithmetic, geography and history instead. I really miss the highly developed social interaction and geopolitical debates I used to hear in the skytrain every day. It would be so refreshing to go back to the days of social awarenesss which preceded the farang attempt to derail Thainess.

People can bag facebook,,but it can be very useful to some people,for example i was on facebook and my brothers 2 children who he hasn't seen in nearly 20 years as the mother took off with them as babies contacted me on facebook,as my brother at the time didn't own a computer.He was reunited with his kids thanks to Facebook.I am a fan of facebook,but not addicted to it,i was onlineTthursday when it crashed.First thing that came to mind was my account hacked.I am from Australia by the way,cheers

And FB members can't do without for 30 minutes, rather sad don't you think?

If my mobile, which I use 95% for business, has no signal for 30 minutes, I take that as a boon in a world where people think it's their right to call you anytime, day or night. I'm gifted some silent time that I perhaps took for granted when I was a 40something and miss a great deal now.

My 20somethings that work for me can't hold a conversation for longer than a minute. FB and other social media has severely stunted their adult development.

The way things are 'developing', I wonder whether speech will be dispensed with altogether 100 years from now?

We have an Old "Regimental association" on facebook, where the old and bold from all over the world can have a natter with each other, and without this "scourge" I'd have never found out that a very dear friend and former Army colleague passed away yesterday morning. :(

Yes, facebook is handy, don't like it, don't use it, can't be any more simpler than that, I must admit that the selfies of the "Gym nuts" posting their prowess of training sessions is like having to drink a cup of marmite!! oh wait, there's people who can't stand that too, oh and they don't tend to eat it, what a strange thing, not eating/drinking something you don't like :D.. take note all you facebook haters, you don't need to visit the place!! ;)

• Like 1

Never had a profile on facebook and never will.

I'm not interested in seeing what my friends had for breakfast or when they are getting their hair done or whatever people use facebook for.

Don't use twitter or snapchat or what else there is out there.

If people want to get in contact with me they can call me or txt on my cellphone.

They can even call me on my land line with my very stylish danish tablephone from 1978.

post-138525-0-90925000-1403332843_thumb.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what an idiotic state, humanity is lost there is no hope for these sheple

You have no empathy. Do you have ANY idea what it is like to be cut off from Candy Crush? Do you realise the anguish caused when you can't post your latest selfie or meal?

FaceBook should be declared a global essential service so that government agencies around the world can be mandated to assist should such another catastrophe occur again.

....said the sheep as he was lead to slaughter....

OHHHHH THE IRONY!

Here we have around 40-60 users who seems to be addicted to ThaiVisa, posting EVERY day on most subjects, bashing on social media like 5 year old girls.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get a life you tell the thais, talk about no self-awareness WHAT SO EVER

My guess would be that the average age here on TV is around 60. Old grumpy men that loves to bash on others so they can forget their own misery for just a moment.

I agree that the social media has gotten out of proportion, I only log in to see that I don´t miss any friends birthday.

But the inane drivel posted on TV is so much more adult.

One might suggest if you are having an issue with Facebook going down for a half hour, perhaps you need a hobby or passion in

life? I mean what kind of boredom level is required to post absolutely everything you do? Any why let the world know all the daily trivia about your life, anyway? What ever happened pro the value of privacy? Is Facebook a star platform? Is it a "I sure wish I was famous" app? There is a lot about social media I do not understand. I will admit that. But of all the social media out there, Facebook seems the most compulsive, for a lot of people. Especially here in the LOS.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thursday's DDOS attack of FaceBook

...as interpreted and rendered by Dark Intelligence and Adaptive Security Solutions firm, Norse Corp

post-146535-0-52961400-1403349692_thumb.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=efmJsENgG-o

also the current Norse Corp Live MAP

Joshua/WOPR: W o u l d y o u l i k e t o p l a y a g a m e ?

Edited by RichCor

OHHHHH THE IRONY!

Here we have around 40-60 users who seems to be addicted to ThaiVisa, posting EVERY day on most subjects, bashing on social media like 5 year old girls.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get a life you tell the thais, talk about no self-awareness WHAT SO EVER

My guess would be that the average age here on TV is around 60. Old grumpy men that loves to bash on others so they can forget their own misery for just a moment.

I agree that the social media has gotten out of proportion, I only log in to see that I don´t miss any friends birthday.

But the inane drivel posted on TV is so much more adult.

That's a matter of opinion;) :D