Are your friends at home envious after you move over to Thailand ?

Sandman77

What kind of advice your friend told you at home , when you first told then you want move over to Thailand , for a longer time!

Around 90 Procent of my friends in my case was very envious!

A good colleague since school time

Over 15 years a friend, chancel the friendship , After i married, because

He still did not find a wife yet with 37 years!

My ant told be, she would never go to Thailand , when you have problem you are alone and no one help you!

Only one friend also a frequent world teaveler share my experience and was happy found no perspective in my life!

Some of my friends not speak English and then never travel!

Most time that kind of people are not realy intrested in my Thai story's!

You talk only about Thailand , stop it I don't want to hear it anymore!

How was your experience about this?

Most people want know everything

And then got envious , so best way I think never talk about Thailand again with people never come here, or how you handle this?

• Like 1

Mr Sandman, you never fail to disappoint.

Note to others, best read with an accent.

When are we going to have a designated Sandman forum? I believe it has large scale support amongst the members.

• Like 2

Cannot reach he not pick up the phone and change phone number of mobile!

Via versa I don't think , that the envious in Thailand is not like im Europe , and if so envious is hidden

Or Not directly spoken!

When I talk about my life and journeys all are very intrested here !

When are we going to have a designated Sandman forum? I believe it has large scale support amongst the members.

First learn the language, Sandmanese, and then ask for a forum.

I'm still in the preschool, stage.

• Like 1

Mine were but only because the UK was in the crapper back then and they had massive mortgages and fat wives

A soon as house prices started going up again, though, the ones who'd held on grimly started feeling better since they could stop paying down debt, free up some equity and buy more tat to help them keep up with the Joneses.

No need, Google has taken an interest in Sandman’s posts and have now included Sandman and Sandman script in their language translation service.

For me it was the total opposite of people being envious.

My parents, siblings and cousins accused me of being a complete bas-ard for moving to Thailand as what they considered as deserting them and even today my siblings have very little to do with me, the only way I can manage to keep up to date with family matters is by spying on them in facebook. I used to receive messages from them telling how miserable they are or explaining to me their many problems compared to how well I am enjoying the grand life here in Thailand as if I should feel guilty, but thankfully these eventually stopped

My close friends at the time warned me that my move to Thailand would be a disaster and that I would be back within a year. That was over 30 years ago and it has only been recently that some have acknowledged I made the right choice and they now regret being trapped in their mundane lives. Strangely it was mostly acquaintances, neighbors and work colleges who actually wished me luck and gave nice words of inspiration and encouragement. I suppose in a way some attitudes that appear hostile could be regarded as a form of envy but to conclude I say; who cares, as none of these people pay anything towards my costs living or have ever contributed anything towards my family here.

Actually, it was a love hate for me. People who have never traveled looked at it like I was going over there to hang in sex bars because most people are very judgmental and formulate opinions on what they read on the internet. I mean all Thailand is for is sex and bars, that's why all westerners move here...right?.

I had to defend my decision far more than others embraced it due to this ignorance. They just could not understand why I would want to leave the USA, I mean they are brainwashed every day in the news and sports and other media forms that the US is the best place on the planet.

Only a few who know me well knew my decision was calculated and well thought out. They were not jealous of me moving to Thailand but envious I was getting to retire early and relax while they had to plug away everyday at work to afford paying mortgages, property tax, car payments, car insurance, sales tax and living life in weekends.