Public embraces junta: Thai analysis

webfact

Oh and there's me thinking you were talking about the Tories!! ;)

Alex, care to name a Thai Government, that was elected, in the past 35 years, that wasn't removed by a coup, that didn't involve corruption, or abuses of power, you clearly have a benchmark on which to base the failures of the PTP on?

There's many people acknowledge and accept the PTP government was abysmal in the past 3 years, I believe that what irks most people is that the Military are constantly stepping in, making changes, changing the rules, and despite these, the status quo remains the same... why is that?

Was the Democrats being put in place by the Junta that wonderful? yes it might have been less corrupt, but corruption is corruption even it's over 10,000 baht scams to 10 Million baht scams... the definition doesn't change with the scale or magnitude.

• Like 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a nationwide search bein done for illegals and illegal workers including farangs

In my city immigration has been systematically hitting every school.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good to hear.

fab4 post # 112

There's more than one Citizen Smith but that obviously passed you by. Any chance of you ever replying to me with something resembling intelligent analysis of my posts?

If you posted intelligent comments others considered intelligent as opposed to those comments you consider intelligent , yes of course there would be an intelligent response, sadly though the raw material provided is somewhat lacking in quality.
Yes I am aware Citizen Smith appears elsewhere however you choose the comedy Tooting Citizen Smith version as a opposed to the classic version .
Please do not try to be a spin doctor in this case.

I was hoping you'd prove me wrong. Oh, well.

And surprise, surprise, Suthep reveals at his fund raising event, "have dinner with kamnan suthep", how he has been advising prayuth on how to get rid of the "Thaksin Regime" since 2010. The other paper goes so far as to suggest that prayuth has been actively plotting to bring down Yingluck Shinawatra - I expect their reporters will be "invited" for an "attitude adjustment" chat in the very near future.

So much for keeping quiet about politics in this period of "happiness"

But...but...but...Suthep. But...but...but...Abhisit. coffee1.gif

Unless you have something to add to my post other than your usual juvenile offering, why don't you but...but...but out.

Says the "commie" still stuck in the 70,s. Wake up this is 2014.

• Like 1

Is it not possible that the general is neither red nor yellow, but actually just Thai and trying to make Thailand a better country for all its citizens?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not very likely.

Vested interests and all that..........

So innocent until proven guilty would not apply in this case?

Not at all,

Prayuth made a famous speech 2 weeks before the election on July 3rd 2011 urging the electorate to vote for "good people"

He went on to say “If you allow the election [results] to be the same as before, you will not get anything new"

So vested interests and colours were already on clear display prior to the last election.

Good point. I have chosen to make this country my home, and I have a lot of interaction with respectable Thai businessmen. I think it is a common consensus among many Thai citizens that they wish to see their country without the corruption, and with a fair and just legal system. To achieve this requires some fundamental changes. I agree with the generals statement that if the election results were the same, things will remain the same. I hope this is finally a chance for some overdue changes to the country. And if in 5 years I am proven wrong, what have we lost? Continuing on the course he is now, there appears to be more benefit than detriment to the coup.

• Like 2

Is it not possible that the general is neither red nor yellow, but actually just Thai and trying to make Thailand a better country for all its citizens?

Not very likely.

Vested interests and all that..........

So innocent until proven guilty would not apply in this case?

Not at all,

Prayuth made a famous speech 2 weeks before the election on July 3rd 2011 urging the electorate to vote for "good people"

He went on to say “If you allow the election [results] to be the same as before, you will not get anything new"

So vested interests and colours were already on clear display prior to the last election.

Good point. I have chosen to make this country my home, and I have a lot of interaction with respectable Thai businessmen. I think it is a common consensus among many Thai citizens that they wish to see their country without the corruption, and with a fair and just legal system. To achieve this requires some fundamental changes. I agree with the generals statement that if the election results were the same, things will remain the same. I hope this is finally a chance for some overdue changes to the country. And if in 5 years I am proven wrong, what have we lost? Continuing on the course he is now, there appears to be more benefit than detriment to the coup.

While I agree with your positive attitude, the realities and history does not support your sentiment.

I too have worked and talked to business people and officials in Thailand, over many years, and yes they all seem to say the right things.

However, these people with all the power and authority never are able to make any substantial change. Why is that?

I suspect that like so many things in Thailand, Thais do know what to say for all occasions. However, gaging whether they

1. believe what they say or

2. have the conviction to stand behind it and do something or

3. Really understand what they say and what is required to bring it to fruition

is another matter entirely.

As for your optimism about the military, a look back at some of the other 18 coups in Thailand over the last century might give you more perspective.