Where can I get a passport "Card"?

rmicheald

When I first came to Pattaya I got a copy of my passport made into a card that showed the main page and the visa. I just got a new passport and would like to get another card to carry in my wallet and thus don't have to carry my passport.

Thanks in advance.

There is a guy who attends the Pattaya City Expat Club meetings on Sundays at the Tavern by the Sea at the north end of Beach Road who creates a card with the cover of your passport, the face page, and your latest visa. IIRC, he charges 200 baht, and delivers the card a few days later. I did it when I first got here, and now I just create them myself and take them to one of the private postal kiosks in the malls and have them laminated.

I've copied my passport and all the visa stamps + driving licenses and vehicle docs onto my Iphone in a secure passworded folder for added protection ......that way I've alway got access to them as I always carry my phone on my person.

I've copied my passport and all the visa stamps + driving licenses and vehicle docs onto my Iphone in a secure passworded folder for added protection ......that way I've alway got access to them as I always carry my phone on my person.

Smartphones get stolen or crash. Upload your data to the cloud and keep a backup on a USB memory stick/dongle/thumb-drive.

Smartphones get stolen or crash. Upload your data to the cloud and keep a backup on a USB memory stick/dongle/thumb-drive.
What a sensible idea, upload all your private information to someone else's care, why not just sell it to someone at the local market or mail straight to he NSA, GCHQ.
  • Like 1

What a sensible idea, upload all your private information to someone else's care, why not just sell it to someone at the local market or mail straight to he NSA, GCHQ.

Oh you Luddite!

You can password protect EVERYTHING you store in memory or upload to the net.

But never you mind, carry on with your personal stuff on bit of laminated paper in your wallet and your ever-so-handy 'Password1234' as password on your backup on your computer. Nice and safe that.

Oh you Luddite!

You can password protect EVERYTHING you store in memory or upload to the net.

But never you mind, carry on with your personal stuff on bit of laminated paper in your wallet and your ever-so-handy 'Password1234' as password on your backup on your computer. Nice and safe that.

Who told you my password?
  • Like 2

There is a guy who attends the Pattaya City Expat Club meetings on Sundays at the Tavern by the Sea at the north end of Beach Road who creates a card with the cover of your passport, the face page, and your latest visa. IIRC, he charges 200 baht, and delivers the card a few days later. I did it when I first got here, and now I just create them myself and take them to one of the private postal kiosks in the malls and have them laminated.

He's on a nice little earner then

Doesn't seem like much: scan the three components, reduce them to the proper size and line them up, print them, laminate the card, and deliver, all for 200 baht.Seems like quite a bit of work for the equivalent of $6.00.

Doesn't seem like much: scan the three components, reduce them to the proper size and line them up, print them, laminate the card, and deliver, all for 200 baht.Seems like quite a bit of work for the equivalent of $6.00.

Not counting the cost of buying a scanner, a printer and a laminating machine. smile.png

• Like 1

Good idea. Do police accept that?

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Key Visa Duck Square ( Big C Sukhumvit)

Thanks for all the info. I had to go see my insurance agent in this same area, so I just went to key visa. 150 baht. I didn't want to bother with driving around to other places for a cheaper one as I had to go here anyway.

Kodak shop opposite Nikom Court soi Bukhaow 100 baht-done in a couple of hours thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that, I`ll go there next time I`m in the area.

Am I right in thinking Nikom Court is on the corner of soi Diana & soi bukhao ?

Cheers

Kodak shop opposite Nikom Court soi Bukhaow 100 baht-done in a couple of hours thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that, I`ll go there next time I`m in the area.

Am I right in thinking Nikom Court is on the corner of soi Diana & soi bukhao ?

Cheers

Yes looking up to soi Lengkee you will see a 7/11 on the right and the Kodak shop is 3 doors to the right after a beauty salon and massage shop before you get to Malees Lodge wink.png

• Like 1