Samsung galaxy Note 4

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking off changing my Note2 i was going to go for the Note4 however having looked at cdiscount . co . th they have some great deals on the samsung S5 at 16,490thb also the Note3 is 15,999thb..

i am now tempted to go for the S5 over the note4 if anyone can give some feed back on how they find the S5 would be great.

Cheers

Edited by ChrislakBeeGreen

Note 4 at Expo but only 100 pieces a day to first 100 in line. On Facebook page said at 0800 Thursday had 100 in line. Friday 0640 100 in line... Saturday/Sunday better get there at 4am. Doors open 10am I believe...

i am thinking off changing my Note2 i was going to go for the Note4 however having looked at cdiscount . co . th they have some great deals on the samsung S5 at 16,490thb also the Note3 is 15,999thb..

i am now tempted to go for the S5 over the note4 if anyone can give some feed back on how they find the S5 would be great.

Cheers

I suppose it is really up to what you want out of a phone. I have the S5 and it is a great device, however always have a preference for the Note (have had every one so far ) due to the great specs; huge screen, RAM, battery life and most importantly the S-Pen. If I have only one complaint about the S5 it is the fiddly waterproof cover over the charging opening, it is really a PITA to have to open and close every time you need to charge or connect USB cable.

Tried out the Note 4 at the Expo and can truly say it is a beautiful device, slim long and stylish; the metal rim gives it a real premium look and feel. I have pre-ordered a Black one via AIS, expect to be available after 10th October.

Anyone know when/if Note Edge (announced alongside Note 4) comes to Thailand and price? Not that I'll be jumping to buy either, just curious as no mention of the Edge I have seen?

I have read that they will only be doing a limited release of the Edge worldwide, using it just to 'test the waters' with the new technology as it were; so not sure if or when it would make it to Thailand.

I did notice than whilst i was waiting in the " Samsung Service Centre " in Pattaya a few months ago ( excellent customer service ) that most of the people who were waiting were having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

wai2.gif

Indeed, the Note 3 has many bugs, and the Galaxy S5 unfortunately too.

My Note 3 locks up frequently for no apparent reason. Sometimes only battery out helps. Also battery life is very poor, hardly a day's work.

My wife's S5 had the camera replaced (free of charge). Seems a widespread problem with the S5.

We both switched to Sony Xperia Z2 and are very happy with it. Better camera, fantastic battery life and water resistant.

I will have a look at the Note 4, but I am kind of reluctant to change, can I trust Samsung?

I did notice than whilst i was waiting in the " Samsung Service Centre " in Pattaya a few months ago ( excellent customer service ) that most of the people who were waiting were having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

wai2.gif

My Note 3 locks up frequently for no apparent reason. Sometimes only battery out helps. Also battery life is very poor, hardly a day's work.

My wife's S5 had the camera replaced (free of charge). Seems a widespread problem with the S5.

We both switched to Sony Xperia Z2 and are very happy with it. Better camera, fantastic battery life and water resistant.

I will have a look at the Note 4, but I am kind of reluctant to change, can I trust Samsung?

My wife had Samsung lock up issues, but it turned out to be fault of using a non Samsung cover with some magnet clip in it? Did your Note 3 use another kind of cover perhaps? Never had an issue with my Note 2 to date, but just using a plane old generic leather cover without anything to interact with phone.

re

Anyone know when/if Note Edge (announced alongside Note 4) comes to Thailand

i want a note 4 edge and ill look around chiang mai to see if i can find one soon .

if i cant and it doesnt look as if anyones expecting an edge

ill settle for a standard note 4 but whats my secondhand note 3 in perfect condition worth in part exchange against a note 4 .... or to just sell it ?

anyone have any idea ?

dave2

post-42592-0-93887200-1412873404_thumb.j

I think that Samsung & Apple phones are good but very overpriced! Many Samsung mobiles seem to " freeze up " and you end up removing the battery to free it up! ( this really should not be an issue when paying 20,000 baht on a mobile phone! )

Its no wonder that Samsung are being " pushed into a corner " with our friends Lenovo,huawei,i mobile & Oppo ! Some of these guys are making similar spec ( or better ! ) for less a third of the price of Samsung and don't seem to " freeze up ".

It must be noted " again " that the staff working at the Samsung Service Centre in Pattaya are fabulous and amazingly friendly (unusual these days ) and professional its just a shame the Samsung products are NOT as good as the staff!

F.J xclap2.gif

I think that Samsung & Apple phones are good but very overpriced! Many Samsung mobiles seem to " freeze up " and you end up removing the battery to free it up! ( this really should not be an issue when paying 20,000 baht on a mobile phone! )

Its no wonder that Samsung are being " pushed into a corner " with our friends Lenovo,huawei,i mobile & Oppo ! Some of these guys are making similar spec ( or better ! ) for less a third of the price of Samsung and don't seem to " freeze up ".

It must be noted " again " that the staff working at the Samsung Service Centre in Pattaya are fabulous and amazingly friendly (unusual these days ) and professional its just a shame the Samsung products are NOT as good as the staff!

F.J xclap2.gif

My Note 2 never! "freeze up" under normal use. There was only 2 time when I used some beta app, but that's my fault.

I have to add for Android users, some apps will use WiFi much more than others and that will drain battery very fast.

I'm not sure about Note 3 or 4.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

F.J xclap2.gif alt=clap2.gif>

My Note 2 never! "freeze up" under normal use. There was only 2 time when I used some beta app, but that's my fault.

I have to add for Android users, some apps will use WiFi much more than others and that will drain battery very fast.

I'm not sure about Note 3 or 4.

I think there were very little problems with the Note 2 it was there flagship at one time! but strange when they released the newer Note series with " more ram " that the bloody things freeze up! lol

re

i want a note 4 edge and ill look around chiang mai to see if i can find one soon .

if i cant and it doesnt look as if anyones expecting an edge

ill settle for a standard note 4

an update !

i went to siam tv the other day and there was a pic of a note 4 on a big new poster outside so i thought wey hey sorted :)

not so ... i went in and looked everywhere for it but they only had a picture of one so i asked a girl .. where ?

no hab .... me ... when ? two or three weeks she said

i got roughly the same answer from every shop in airport plaza that afternoon as well so dont hold your breath for getting one in chiang mai anytime soon :(

dave2

post-42592-0-76305800-1413077551_thumb.j

wai2.gif

My wife had Samsung lock up issues, but it turned out to be fault of using a non Samsung cover with some magnet clip in it? Did your Note 3 use another kind of cover perhaps? Never had an issue with my Note 2 to date, but just using a plane old generic leather cover without anything to interact with phone.

No, I never use any cover or even film.

My wife used the Note3 before the Galaxy S5, before using the Sony Experia Z2, and had a lot of freeze and lock ups too.

I never experienced that on my Sony.

Sony's problem is that the Album app with all the photos is a bit primitive, doesn't allow creating new albums or folders or move pictures around or hide them...which is why I will try the Note4 again. It should be delivered next week...

Thing about Samsung Note and Galaxy is that you pay a rather large premium just for the brand and Samsungs dominance with these products. I'm not impressed with the Samsung name and not willing to pay much of a premium for either of these products

In Thailand the one advantage of Galaxy or Note is lots of accessories and spare parts and all the IT guys know how to work on them. If you walk around Tucom in Pattaya it's almost all Samsung phones, tablets and accessories now.

I'm hoping the new Nexus 6 introduces some competition and brings the price down. Currently deciding between the two. Both are fairly similar. Nexus has a slightly larger screen. Same processor. Don't see a lot of Nexus stuff around Tucom though. So if you ever need to get it fixed or want accessories in Thailand it might be a challenge.

Edited by lapd

The kid at Terminal 21 told me the 31st a few days ago......turd kid. I'll go to Central Chiang tomorrow to have a look.

Yeah I had the same problem at Central Rama 9. They knew nothing about it. Went to another place and was able to book one and pay deposit. Will pick up today.

Its already in some shops as of today.

Samsung branded shop 25.900 baht .

Invade is selling them 1000THB cheaper.

Thing is in BKk you buy near your home.

It might be slightly cheaper elsewhere but if it takes hours to get there not really worth it.

Like a previous poster said.

To go from note 2 to a 4 .is a jump. But 3 to 4 . Then I feel we're victims of the multi nationals.

Note 3 still hard to beat.even if it's got a premium because of the name.

If you bought an oppo for 12 K probably wouldn't notice any difference.

I phone states lightning fast processor.

What's next . God fast speeds ???