Samsung galaxy Note 4

re

To go from note 2 to a 4 .is a jump. But 3 to 4 . Then I feel we're victims of the multi nationals.

why ? ... a note 4 at about 25 thousand ish... is less than one months english pension so im going to sell , part exchange or even keep my note 3 as a spare so wheres the problem ?

im upgrading coz i want the better camera . the optical image stabaliser and more s pen uses on the new note 4 so im being a victim of nobody :)

its only my pension ! ... which i get paid again next month ... and the month after that .. and :)

dave2

ps .. i looked for one in siam tv yesterday ... no have :(

so im off round airtport plaza , central festival , maya and ksk today looking for a note 4

post-42592-0-64108500-1413684370_thumb.j

post-42592-0-11118800-1413684408_thumb.j

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLONASS has been around on Samsung devices along with GPS and A-GPS (and other brands - but not Nexus) since 2012 or earlier. My Note 2 has them all. You don't need to go to Russia, the satellite fixes are much faster in Thailand as well and the choice of satellites is larger. Very useful if you need it (fast location fixes).

GLONASS has been around on Samsung devices along with GPS and A-GPS (and other brands - but not Nexus) since 2012 or earlier. My Note 2 has them all. You don't need to go to Russia, the satellite fixes are much faster in Thailand as well and the choice of satellites is larger. Very useful if you need it (fast location fixes).

According to the GLONASS wiki the Note 4 doesn't have it!

I saw the Note 4 is every Samsung shop I walked by here in Bangkok (eight shops or so, over the last 3 days).

I've included a photo of the iPhone 6 Plus (same hand, mine) for reference.

The iPhone 6 looks much bigger than it really is with those gigantic bezels.

Apple or Samsung could come up with something similar to the Sharp Aquos Crystal

This phone does not in any way compete with the iPhone and the Note in terms of specs but that idea that a phone can do away with the bezel makes it really interesting.

Specs are meh but the design is different.

post-28695-0-18060200-1413795040_thumb.j

Here's a video of the review of the said phone.

The Wiki's are not always correct. Samsung.com says the unit offers GPS, Glonass and Beidou (the Chinese GNSS). I haven't got my hands on one, but as my Note 2 uses GLONASS satellites I would expect the Note 4 to likewise.

The Wiki's are not always correct. Samsung.com says the unit offers GPS, Glonass and Beidou (the Chinese GNSS). I haven't got my hands on one, but as my Note 2 uses GLONASS satellites I would expect the Note 4 to likewise.

That's true enough. It seems it's a processor thing .. how would you actually KNOW if it had GLONASS.

re

I saw the Note 4 is every Samsung shop I walked by here in Bangkok (eight shops or so, over the last 3 days).

i went to central festival in chiang mai this morning and found this pre book sign in powerbuy :(

and then :)

dave2

post-42592-0-30270900-1413812017_thumb.j

post-42592-0-62681200-1413812100_thumb.j

post-42592-0-27109500-1413812126_thumb.j

post-42592-0-02967700-1413812167_thumb.j

re

i went to central festival in chiang mai this morning and found this pre book sign in powerbuy sad.png

and then smile.png

dave2

Box, cables, and receipt!!!!

Where's the phone!!!

Lucky you!

Hope it will be available here soon.

re

Box, cables, and receipt!!!!
Where's the phone!!!

here ya go .... note 3 left ... 4 right

they put a free mat screensaver film over it which seems to have dulled down the brightness ... so ill probably change that

and they copied all my staff to the 4 but im not sure i want to move my sim or sd card over yet ... as im in no hurry !

dave2

post-42592-0-00137400-1413866293_thumb.j

That's true enough. It seems it's a processor thing .. how would you actually KNOW if it had GLONASS.

According to this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455885 the GLONASS satellites are numbered >=65 and show up as different symbols on a GPS test type display.

Got it...

Mmm...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-22 at 8.38.14 PM.png

Love it smile.png

Nice !

Hope your happy

Thanks. Once I logged in to gmail, pretty much everything was set.

I want to give Touchwiz a try. I have temporarily disabled the Google Now Launcher although that wasn't an easy decision. I kinda like the simplicity of Google Now.

Holy crap it is eating my battery like crazy. I'm losing about 1% every minute. I looked at the Android System and its eating 50%. I've looked online to fix it, but no one seems to know. I've turned off GPS, location, I've reset it....I've done everything.

Holy crap it is eating my battery like crazy. I'm losing about 1% every minute. I looked at the Android System and its eating 50%. I've looked online to fix it, but no one seems to know. I've turned off GPS, location, I've reset it....I've done everything.

Went out today to workout so I put the 100% charged Note 4 and my wallet into a pouch. I thought that the pouch was getting a little warm. After an hour in the gym, I went to 7/11 and when I took my wallet out of the pouch, it was very warm; the phone was even warmer. The charge went down to 85% just after an hour.

I have a suspicion that it is the S-Health app that kept the phone in active status. I tried to disable the app but couldn't see how to do that.

Get an app called "battery doctor", it will monitor and alert you to close un-needed apps/functions etc that may be running, keeps the system running at its optimum.

You can diagnose and close apps at anytime to reduce power consumption.

For those with battery issues I might wait a week or so before freaking out. It can take a while to settle in, and these are new devices so any major problem will likely get an OTA fix quite quickly.

Also, if you are using LTE (TrueMove H or DTAC) you may find that the device both runs a bit hotter, and drains the battery a bit quicker. I know my phone (Nexus 5) runs hotter to the touch on LTE - which is most of the time - and the battery drains ~ 20% faster than if on 3G.

Most decent battery monitoring apps. really need root access, in order to get accurate details.

You can get a feel for issues by looking at Settings, Battery and reviewing those processes which seem abnormally high.

The most common issues are Google Play Services and Cell Standby, neither of which should go much above 10%.

post-9615-0-45426700-1414202118_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Yep, my Android System is still up around 50%. I can still watch the battery percentage drop every couple of mins. If this keeps up, I will have to change back to my S5. I get maybe 2 hours before it goes down and I have to charge again. Even my work email on the active exchange is only 12%...everything else like apps and even Facebook is around 1 or 2%.

post-158329-0-39260500-1414298285_thumb.

^ Sounds like a potential "wakelock" issue, probably associated with some Samsung Bloatware?

What do you see when you long-press on the offending category ("Android System"?)?

In a normal system this should probably be closer to 5%?

When I long press it it goes to the Force Stop or Uninstall. If I select Force Stop, it give me the warning of interrupting other apps.... even if I select it, nothing stops.

re

For those with battery issues I might wait a week or so before freaking out. It can take a while to settle in

my note 4s fine and still showing 88 % power left after being on about 9 hours and playing a few you tube videos

ive done zilch all else with it yet and my sim and sd card are still in my note 3

dave2

post-42592-0-07985600-1414319503_thumb.p

re

For those with battery issues I might wait a week or so before freaking out. It can take a while to settle in

my note 4s fine and still showing 88 % power left after being on about 9 hours and playing a few you tube videos

ive done zilch all else with it yet and my sim and sd card are still in my note 3

dave2

Your battery may be good because the 3g or LTE modem / radio are not switched on because no Sim card. Be interesting to see what happens with a Sim in it.

re

Your battery may be good because the 3g or LTE modem / radio are not switched on because no Sim card. Be interesting to see what happens with a Sim in it.

nothing :)

i sold my note 3 two days ago and had it factory re set by samsung !

put my sim and sd card in my 4 and its running perfectly

and the camera takes great pics :)

dave2

post-42592-0-52952900-1414671991_thumb.p

post-42592-0-46616400-1414672033_thumb.j