Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

I agree with Oz, give them more than you think they want. The fact that you don't live together is most likely the reason they've asked for more information, but it in itself isn't a great cause for concern - many men have to live in Australia to earn enough to support their wife when she comes over.

As listed as the definition of a "Married Relationship" in the Partner Migration booklet:

Persons are in a married relationship if:

• they are married to each other under a marriage that is valid for the purposes of the Migration Act 1958;

• they have a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others;

• the relationship between them is genuine and continuing; and

• they live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis.

As that fourth point is not the case, then you need to prove the first three beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Basically, you're trying to prove that you have a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others, and that your relationship between them is genuine and continuing with a paper trail - not easy even when your marriage is genuine and continuing! As I exclaimed many times while collating our information, 'If only someone from DIBP would come and stand in the corner of our lounge room for a night or two!'

As Oz suggested, I gave them everything: any joint invitations, evidence of shared bank accounts, Thai shared company registration, Aussie Partnership ABN and TFN registrations, dozens of photos, transcripts of all our emails and text messages for any time spent apart, 20 or 30 pages of Facebook posts, statuses, and photos (helps as evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially). I reckon the pile of evidence I gave them was a good 2/3 of a ream of paper.

Have a look from page 39 of the Partner Migration Booklet, and collate as much as you can find. Good luck! thumbsup.gif

Are you referring to zen's post above?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736813-aussie-partner-processing-wait-times/?p=8563074

No, David, not specifically. I was referring to zen's position based on all his posts. Why do you ask?

Just that the advice that you espouse seems to be focused on a particular group or specific application ... rather then 'General in Nature' ... hence my question.

If you re-read zen's post ... he is currently married ... but not to the person who he is sponsoring for this Partner Visa application for.

I am also going through a divorce from my first Thai wife so that is why i need to keep costs under control . I can only dream of a uncomplicated life.

Cheers

So all the comments (yours) re 'married relationship' may not be relevant in his specific situation.

IMHO

Edited by David48

Just that the advice that you espouse seems to be focused on a particular group or specific application ... rather then 'General in Nature' ... hence my question.

If you re-read zen's post ... he is currently married ... but not to the person who he is sponsoring for this Partner Visa application for.

So all the comments (yours) re 'married relationship' may not be relevant in his specific situation.

IMHO

Yes, you're correct, thanks for picking that up. thumbsup.gif

That being said, the definition of a "De facto relationship" contains the same points that the further information asked for needs to prove (everything else is pretty much yes or no):

For the purposes of a Partner visa application, a person is in a de facto relationship with another person if:

• they are not in a married relationship (for the purposes of the Migration Act 1958) with each other;

• they are not related by family;

• they both must be aged at least 18 years at the time the application is made;

they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others;

• the relationship between them is genuine and continuing;

• they live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis; and

• the relationship has continued for the period of 12 months immediately preceding the date of application.

Note: The 12-month relationship requirement does not apply in certain circumstances. See page 18.

So regardless of him being married, or in a de facto relationship, he's still trying to prove that he and his partner has a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others, and that their relationship between them is genuine and continuing with a paper trail; is he not?

As that is the case, my opinion as to how much information he should supply remains unchanged.

Just to clarify , i am married still to my first wife but we are in the process of divorce and property settlement as we speak. Very stressful time - so many things are happening at the moment . We were married in 1986 and separated 5 years ago and i have been in this relationship for that 5 year period. We have been thru the village wedding etc and i regard her as my wife . She has two children who are great and are almost as crazy as what i am . It sounds like i need to supply more evidence but the wording of the letter requesting " information from another person or organisation about your health,your ability to satisfy public interest visa criteria(including your character and police history, your English proficiency,or your skills and qualifications". is still what i am unsure of. I guess i need to email them for clarification .

Also wish i hadn't cleaned up my emails , computer and office recently - always knew that all the clutter would be useful sometime.Too late now.

The book that James put a link to is a great help. Wish i had known about it before - recommended reading.

Thanks for everybody's imput. Really appreciate it.

All the best xen, I hope they can clarify exactly what they want from you. And hope you can get it all in before you have to head back.

Their communication is all very generic and robotic, and there seems to be a lot of layers before you can actually speak to a human (or a very long wait on hold).

xen ... did your partner get an email from your Case Officer?

Hence you have a person to speak with, a direct contact phone number and a direct email address?

VFS must do it differently, because no letter we received from our CO included direct contact phone numbers or even a direct email address. You guys are lucky that you get such personalised service!

post-140809-0-83212500-1413943846_thumb.

Edited by jamesbrock

Hence you have a person to speak with, a direct contact phone number and a direct email address?

VFS must do it differently, because no letter we received from our CO included direct contact phone numbers or even a direct email address. You guys are lucky that you get such personalised service!

attachicon.gifImmi letter.JPG

VFS have nothing to do with processing ANY Australian Visa Application.

They are simply a collection and forwarding point point for the Australian Embassy.

Case Officers work for the Australian Embassy.

To date, in almost all our dealings with the Embassy over several matters (not just the Partner Visa Application) once someone replies there is an Officers name and direct telephone number.

James, may I ask ... when did your Partner apply for their Visa?

VFS have nothing to do with processing ANY Australian Visa Application.

They are simply a collection and forwarding point point for the Australian Embassy.

Case Officers work for the Australian Embassy.

To date, in almost all our dealings with the Embassy over several matters (not just the Partner Visa Application) once someone replies there is an Officers name and direct telephone number.

James, may I ask ... when did your Partner apply for their Visa?

My mistake. The Australian Embassy must do it differently, because no letter we received from our CO included direct contact phone numbers or even a direct email address. You guys are lucky that you get such personalised service!

We applied for my wife's visa in November 2012.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/736813-aussie-partner-processing-wait-times/?p=8529226

• Like 1

We got an email - i can only presume it is our case officer as they did not introduce themselves as such and it is a different name to the person who contacted her about the medical.

They also advised to use email to contact the ' Processing' officer and it would be answered within 7 days (or try to) and it is a Australian email address : [email protected].

They also gave a Australian phone number for complaints and compliments or suggestions.

• Like 1

^^ James ... I just read your post.

Our Partners have applied differently.

Your Partner applied while in Australia and you seem to have received only 'letters'.

MissFarmGirl (my partner) and others applied 'offshore' ... i.e. Thailand and we receive emails with the Case Officers details.

Not that those contact details help. We mostly seem to get the message of, 'Don't contact us ... we'll contact you' ... facepalm.gif

It's fairly easy to figure the direct email address. Use their first name then dot then last name @dfat.gov.au it's like this with all public services. You will need to quote

In reply please quote:Client Name Date of Birth Place of Lodgement Date of Visa Application Application ID File Number 

^^ James ... I just read your post.

Our Partners have applied differently.

Your Partner applied while in Australia and you seem to have received only 'letters'.

MissFarmGirl (my partner) and others applied 'offshore' ... i.e. Thailand and we receive emails with the Case Officers details.

Not that those contact details help. We mostly seem to get the message of, 'Don't contact us ... we'll contact you' ... facepalm.gif

Yes, David, I am fully aware of the difference - hence me saying (twice) "must do it differently, because no letter we received from our CO included direct contact phone numbers or even a direct email address. You guys are lucky that you get such personalised service!"

As for "we receive emails with the Case Officers details" xen's post just before yours seems to refute this claim. I'm not saying applicants never get the CO's direct details, because you obviously did, but it's not a matter of course - for offshore or onshore applicants.

I agree that the message is 'Don't contact us ... we'll contact you' and it can be quite frustrating!

I emailed several questions to the Partner Processing Centre, two of which I thought were quite critical to the approval of my wife's visa - they were never answered; the next communication we received was the auto-generated grant letter! blink.png

It's fairly easy to figure the direct email address. Use their first name then dot then last name @dfat.gov.au it's like this with all public services. You will need to quote

In reply please quote:Client Name Date of Birth Place of Lodgement Date of Visa Application Application ID File Number 

For offshore applicants, yes, because (as David so correctly pointed out) the processing is done via the embassy staff, and the embassies are controlled by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. For onshore applicants the domain would be @immi.gov.au.

Found out today i have been in final queue since 14/08.Would have been nice if they told me

Hopefully we're both having beers before xmas Woody

Was thinking, 'Gee, that long!' Then realised xmas is only 9 weeks away! blink.png

Hope you both get some good news soon.

• Like 1

Found out today i have been in final queue since 14/08.Would have been nice if they told me

Woody from when you lodged to final queue... How long did it take and have they asked you for more papers..?
Almost 16 weeks from lodging to being in final queue.Emailed embassy today just asking a few questions about getting wife tourist visa so her and the kids can be here for Christmas. They didnt really answer the questions i asked , just said they finalising visas lodged in mid Jan and we will be about Feb.No havent been asked for anything.Today was the first time i have heard anything Edited by woody087

A lot from the Thai Wives website have said they are the same, if there is no requirement for additional information (ie you got it right!) then they get absolutely no communication at all. Yesterday there was also a flurry of posts saying they had all received a notice that visas were now taking 10 months to process. You heard it here first folks! Good on'ya Woody hope to hear good news soon.

Oz

• Like 1

Woody from when you lodged to final queue... How long did it take and have they asked you for more papers..?
Almost 16 weeks from lodging to being in final queue.Emailed embassy today just asking a few questions about getting wife tourist visa so her and the kids can be here for Christmas. They didnt really answer the questions i asked , just said they finalising visas lodged in mid Jan and we will be about Feb.No havent been asked for anything.Today was the first time i have heard anything
Thanks for the update good to here there almost into Feb as that's when I lodged. About getting your wife a tourst visa, it shouldn't be a problem as we got two tourst visas while we're waiting with out a problem ..

I pretty much just wanted to know if they would contact us while she is in Australia to say a decision is ready to be made.Have heard a few conflicting stories , some say yes they do while others say no they wait for her to return to Thailand.Being we hear absolutely nothing from them it wouldn't surprise me if they just wait for her to go back

Edited by woody087

Ours will be due in Feb.That will be 10 months since applying.We waited 16 weeks from applying to be in final queue 21/4 -15/08,then since its 10 weeks already in the final queue and they said due in feb which is about another 13 weeks away15/08-__02/2015.thats 20 something weeks in the final queue.Gopro you applied about 5 weeks before me so I'm guessing yours must be due around Christmas. Fress313 we got our request for medicals 2 days after submitting our app back in April

• Like 2