Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Hi Guys,

My partner was in Aus on a tourist visa while we waited for her Fiance visa to be determined. At no time were we informed that a decision was coming and to leave Aus. However they would have been aware of the expiry date of her tourist visa, and i guess had expected her to leave on/ before that date.

The very next day after her arrival in Bangkok we received an email with all the approvals. So it seemed they were just waiting for her to leave Australia to finalise it.

Good luck.

wazzi ... that's an amazing story.

God knows why the Embassy thinks like that ... blink.png

I'm sure there is a logical reason ... just not one I can think of at this time.

Believe it was solely coincedental. Tthe sections are seperate business units each dealing with thousands of applications.

Sure, it could've been a coincidence but I doubt it.

My take on it was that the case officer was ready to grant and couldn't because the

applicant was onshore.

CO then probably just monitored her movements and as soon as she left the country,

granted the visa.

I'm not sure what happened in wazzi's case, but generally it's up to the applicant to advise the

case officer of movements.

Edited by Will27

Most recent approval story that I was able to find followed this timeline:

Applied: 30th October 2013

Final Queued: 26th March 2014

Approved 4th July 2014

So timelined:

First Queue: 5 Months

Final Queue: 14 1/2 Weeks

If anyone knows of any more recent approval stories, that would be great! I am going on the hope of emulating the 14 1/2 week queue I am targeting 15th September for ours.

• Like 1

Most recent approval story that I was able to find followed this timeline:

Applied: 30th October 2013

Final Queued: 26th March 2014

Approved 4th July 2014

So timelined:

First Queue: 5 Months

Final Queue: 14 1/2 Weeks

If anyone knows of any more recent approval stories, that would be great! I am going on the hope of emulating the 14 1/2 week queue I am targeting 15th September for ours.

Thanks mate that's giving us a better insight. I'm not far from you so hoping September it is ..!!

We applied in June so we have only began the long wait . Still feeling confused about the process and what they will trip us on just to watch us squim. I have no doubts that we are equal lowest of the lowest priority for immigration to process and to the government we are just another mob of un-australian scum somewhere on the same level as disability rorters and old people who won't just go away and die so we don't bother them anymore . .Yes, damm right i am cynical but i will play the game. What else can you do ?

Khun xen ... welcome to the Club.

Pull up a chair ... barstool if you wish ... I'll buy you a beer ... or a coffee.

Well if Xen applied in June then we are now race buddies....

David48 Vs Woody087

Xen Vs Ozsamurai

Perhaps a beer at the new Thai Visa Lounge as a prize....

Oz

Accepted - although it depends on wether it will be in Oz or Bangers to accept or pay up.

I really hope we it is not soon for that drink either way.

It would be interesting to find out which state everyone intends to settle in as well, we are headed to Victoria.

Oz

The plan for me is to move from Sydney where it is too expensive to live well and head for Cairns - The closest place in Oz to Thailand minus the crazeeeeee drivers.

Four months ago returned to Oz for a few years. We are living in Noosaville only a few minutes walk to Noosa river, ten minute drive to Noosa main beach - great location and right now don't miss Thailand. If I were looking for the city life, have lived in SYD, BNE & MLB, would return to Sydney.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Four months ago returned to Oz for a few years. We are living in Noosaville only a few minutes walk to Noosa river, ten minute drive to Noosa main beach - great location and right now don't miss Thailand. If I were looking for the city life, have lived in SYD, BNE & MLB, would return to Sydney.

When I was a younger lad, I used to volunteer with the YMCA.

We used to do adventure camps ... one favourite was the camp at Boreen point on Lake Cootharaba (don't know about that spelling).

Used to be a sand track in, a boat shed for the local yacht club ... and nothing else.

Probably wouldn't even recognise the place now.

OH ... I can show you a thing or two about Canadian Canoes ... thumbsup.gif

You and me both mate, grew up on Lake Boga, been a fresh water/river rat all my life, worked with the RedCross on many occassion bringing home the Murray Canoe Marathon rowers. Upper NSW does appeal as well lots of my expat friends from Japan settled there. Of course work for me (Japanese Speaker) is better in the sunshine state.

Oz

Thanks for that, Ribbit, you only ever need to share what you feel comfortable with anyway. I think to date you are the first in our club sponsoring a wife and a child in the application process. We had questions just recently over whether the AFP Police Clearance criterion was just for your non-biological children. Did you get bailed up for one of those? In the end I just went and got one anyway so they have no excuse to delay the application.... think I'll go get a Thai one too.

Our was lodged June 16

2 Kids (Aussie Citizens)

Married 5 yrs

my hitch is I have already sponsored two people before

Its a painful wait..

Oz

Best man at my wedding went through partner visa and her kid attached to that visa also.

If theres anything you want to know Im happy to ask him.

Both been here now for 2ish years.

I was certain she needed to be in the country where the application was lodged.

I can even remember reading it.

Maybe I misinterpreted it.

To much fine print, thats the problem.

No, the applicant just needs to be out of Australia at the time of the grant.

yes I am aware of this, there are circumstances involved that I hope I can get beyond that.

Your partner’s visa application may be refused if you are
affected by the following sponsorship limitations that are
imposed if you:
• have previously sponsored or nominated 2 other
persons as a fiancé(e) or partner for migration to Australia

(including sponsorships/nominations you may have
withdrawn but your former fiancé(e) or partner obtained
permanent residence on family violence grounds); or
• have sponsored another fiancé(e) or partner within the last
5 years; or
• were sponsored as a fiancé(e) or partner yourself within the
last 5 years.
You may still be approved as sponsor of your fiancé(e) or
partner in compelling circumstances, which include:

• if your previous partner has died; or
• if your previous partner has abandoned the relationship,
leaving young children; or
• if your relationship with your current fiancé(e) or partner is
long-standing; or
• if you and your current fiancé(e) or partner have children of
your relationship.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai
  • Like 1

<edited>

Tried to post a table, didn't quite work biggrin.png .

I am trying to log as many visa apps as I can find to get a better understanding of where I am at - will try to post something a little more updated tomorrow.

(Applied / Queued / Approved type dates)

Edited by Jireg

<edited>

Tried to post a table, didn't quite work biggrin.png .

I am trying to log as many visa apps as I can find to get a better understanding of where I am at - will try to post something a little more updated tomorrow.

(Applied / Queued / Approved type dates)

If it was a table created in Excel, it's difficult to repost here ... I tried one yesterday myself, with disastrous results.

Another member for the club

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753124-partner-visa-309-for-thai-gf-to-aus/

December, do we have a running partner for him??

Oz

WOW ... December lodgement ... you'd hope that would be close by now.

In his OP that ozsamurai refers to above ... any ideas on the concept of 'that it is in queue for finalisation'?

In excel you can export your tables as jpg images, then they could be posted. Or just use screengrab pro (free) to do a screen capture of it. I use Open Office not excel and it allows also to direct export to a pdf file

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai