Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

I lodged on Feb this year. And at the same time lodged a tourist visa asking for 6 months as the processing time is up to 12 months. We only got the 3 months.She has been back to Thailand since May. Waiting.. Waiting...it's killing my partner and I being separated for so long.

So last week I took the punt and applied another tourist visa for her and we just got it... So I'm hopping we get it in the next 3 months. She can just do a quick run to Bali, Singapore as she has to be out of the country for them to grant it.

Yes it's frustrating as we don't here nothing from them. We only got a email saying they have received it 4 weeks after we lodged it . Nothing since.

I lodged on Feb this year. And at the same time lodged a tourist visa asking for 6 months as the processing time is up to 12 months. We only got the 3 months.She has been back to Thailand since May. Waiting.. Waiting...it's killing my partner and I being separated for so long.

So last week I took the punt and applied another tourist visa for her and we just got it... So I'm hopping we get it in the next 3 months. She can just do a quick run to Bali, Singapore as she has to be out of the country for them to grant it.

Yes it's frustrating as we don't here nothing from them. We only got a email saying they have received it 4 weeks after we lodged it . Nothing since.

Luba ... just confirming something in what you have written.

"She can just do a quick run to Bali, Singapore as she has to be out of the country for them to grant it."

My understand was that the Applicant was to be in the country where the application was lodged to receive the Visa ... which is different from what you have written above.

Luba ... just confirming something in what you have written.

"She can just do a quick run to Bali, Singapore as she has to be out of the country for them to grant it."

My understand was that the Applicant was to be in the country where the application was lodged to receive the Visa ... which is different from what you have written above.

Luba is correct. The applicant only needs to be outside of Australia for the visa grant.

• Like 1

How does that work?Do they let you know when your partner visa is about to be granted so you can leave the country.Thinking I might get my wife a tourist visa while we wait for our partner visa.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How does that work?Do they let you know when your partner visa is about to be granted so you can leave the country.Thinking I might get my wife a tourist visa while we wait for our partner visa.

Yes they will give you notice

• Like 1

Luba it sucks not hearing anything, what you could do, is word a nice email to your case officer, playing dumb so the speak, and ask the a question like " Hello, my girl is oz at the moment and we'd like to know when she has to leave for her visa to be granted as I understand she needs to be offshore. or to that effect. They may give you some idea where your application is? I also think, contacting them nicely ensures your file/application and your name sticks in their mind, hopefully for a cause of better good for you. It's worth a shot. It worked for me, but I made a different excuse up for asking for info. You don't want to annoy them, rather just be nice and ask a simple question.

Edited by Gopro

They will tell you need to leave Australia for them to make the discision, and you can postpone that decision to a time that suits you.

But beware that it can taken them anywhere from a few days to over a month to make the decision on the visa once you have left Australia.

Something to consider if you are thinking of going somewhere closer than Thailand (eg. New Zealand) while the decision is being made.

Yes thanks Gopro.. We're going to wait for this month is over, that brings us to 7 months. If nothing then will do that give them a email for a update.I think it's ridiculous that it takes so long.

Can't se why it takes so long with the cost of it can't se what that don't put on more staff.

Hi Luba and Gopro,

We applied 17th Jan this year in BKK and joined the final queue on 3rd June and no approval yet - realistically looking at mid to late September at this stage so I hope that helps with a little guidance on timeframe.

(Our case officer indicated 10-12 weeks for final decision (mid to end of August) however I am understanding they now quote ~16 weeks, so not holding my breath for a 12 week completion!)

I haven't been able to find any forum with people applied in December or queued in May so I am struggling to find a yard stick to follow.

I'll try to remember to drop an update here once we get some news.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

My partner was in Aus on a tourist visa while we waited for her Fiance visa to be determined. At no time were we informed that a decision was coming and to leave Aus. However they would have been aware of the expiry date of her tourist visa, and i guess had expected her to leave on/ before that date.

The very next day after her arrival in Bangkok we received an email with all the approvals. So it seemed they were just waiting for her to leave Australia to finalise it.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Jireg and Wazzi.. Yeah Jireg we applied 5 Feb so I'm not far from you keep us updated. And how you doing the time apart had any tourist visa for her.

And Wazzi how stupid is that them not telling you her visa is ready to be granted !!

I hope we get notified as the plan,if she gets it when she is still here on her tourist visa is just a run to Bali.

Hi Guys,

My partner was in Aus on a tourist visa while we waited for her Fiance visa to be determined. At no time were we informed that a decision was coming and to leave Aus. However they would have been aware of the expiry date of her tourist visa, and i guess had expected her to leave on/ before that date.

The very next day after her arrival in Bangkok we received an email with all the approvals. So it seemed they were just waiting for her to leave Australia to finalise it.

Good luck.

wazzi ... that's an amazing story.

God knows why the Embassy thinks like that ... blink.png

I'm sure there is a logical reason ... just not one I can think of at this time.

Hi Guys,

Good luck.

wazzi ... that's an amazing story.

God knows why the Embassy thinks like that ... blink.png

I'm sure there is a logical reason ... just not one I can think of at this time.

Believe it was solely coincedental. Tthe sections are seperate business units each dealing with thousands of applications.

Hi Guys.

I have been reading this site for a while now.

Thought I would share my info if it might help anyone.

My partner and I applied in late october 2013. We submitted medicals about 1 week after. We were asked for some minor paper work not long after.

My partner had her interview in early Feb and submitted police check about 1 week later and last document that was requested at interview.

Since then we have had no updates from the embassy. We have sent an email with updates to our application, nothing major just some more info on our relationship and my last visit.

We didnt get an reply or anything.

From what I have read on other sites is that the waiting time for partner visas has been pushed out from 8-9 months to average 10 months.

This is extremly frustrating but just hoping to hear to something very soon as our 10 month mark is just 1 week away.

Good luck to you all

Ribbit

Ribbit, welcome to the 'waiting club', could you provide a little detail on your situation? married? kids? are you in Thailand now etc... it all helps putting the pieces together for us. Hope it all goes a bit faster now that you're on the back nine.

Oz

Ribbit, welcome to the 'waiting club', could you provide a little detail on your situation? married? kids? are you in Thailand now etc... it all helps putting the pieces together for us. Hope it all goes a bit faster now that you're on the back nine.

Oz

Oz ... you're right you know ... we do seem to have a own 'Waiting Club'.

Just so people know our Details.

Applied end of April 14.

In Thailand.

Have Children together (and Citizen by Descent Certificates)

Not Married.

Oz

Ok.

We are not married but applying for a PMV.

I am currently in Australia but just returned from being there.

Have known each other for 3 years and been in a relationship for 2 years.

No children but my partner has 1 from previous relatioship. The child will be coming to australia.

No objections from the father, all forms signed and with the embassy. This was done at time of lodgement.

My family have meet her, and like wise I have meet her family.

We have used and immigration lawyer from Australia to handle this. Our application was orgianlly rejected from the embassy as was sent in a box because of the amount of eveidence sent. All was cleared up the folowing day.

Appliaction was late october, document sent mid Feb and was only requested at interview early Feb.

Wont say much more as a public forum but will help and answer if can

Thank you

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Ribbit, you only ever need to share what you feel comfortable with anyway. I think to date you are the first in our club sponsoring a wife and a child in the application process. We had questions just recently over whether the AFP Police Clearance criterion was just for your non-biological children. Did you get bailed up for one of those? In the end I just went and got one anyway so they have no excuse to delay the application.... think I'll go get a Thai one too.

Our was lodged June 16

2 Kids (Aussie Citizens)

Married 5 yrs

my hitch is I have already sponsored two people before

Its a painful wait..

Oz

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Ribbit, you only ever need to share what you feel comfortable with anyway. I think to date you are the first in our club sponsoring a wife and a child in the application process. We had questions just recently over whether the AFP Police Clearance criterion was just for your non-biological children. Did you get bailed up for one of those? In the end I just went and got one anyway so they have no excuse to delay the application.... think I'll go get a Thai one too.

Our was lodged June 16

2 Kids (Aussie Citizens)

Married 5 yrs

my hitch is I have already sponsored two people before

Its a painful wait..

Oz

Yes it was required for me to get a police clearance. That is no problem did this before lodging so was ok.

We are of the same age. 3 years apart so that is good.

yes the wait is painful. cant handle it anymore but still cant do anything about it

Glad to be a member of the club.

We lodged April 21 2014

Married 4.5 years

3 previous tourist visas(1 _3 month,2_6month)

2 kids .Australian citizens and oz passports.

Mate, you and I are racing ... almost the same details, lodgement times.

Not married, but qualify for a De-Facto, so the Partnership is not in question.

Winner buys the beers ... drunk.gif... unless our Partner Visa is granted first ... then you buy the beers .. Ha Ha

It will be happy days when it is finally approved so I dont mind buying those beers. But hearing it is now a 9 or 10 month wait is a bit of a bummer.Starting to think I might get her to apply for a tourist visa so they will all be here before Christmas.It would be nice just to hear from the embassy,anything, just something.

Woody087

I have to agree with you about hearing something.

This is the greatest problem I am facing is hearing nothing at all.

Starts to make you wonder if the visa will even happen. I know that my partner and I have nothing to worry.

During the interview they did mention a time frame when we would here something. but that date is well overdue and still no word, Kind of makes you give up hope on the whole immigration system.

But the day it does happen will be a great day

Woody087

I have to agree with you about hearing something.

This is the greatest problem I am facing is hearing nothing at all.

Starts to make you wonder if the visa will even happen. I know that my partner and I have nothing to worry.

During the interview they did mention a time frame when we would here something. but that date is well overdue and still no word, Kind of makes you give up hope on the whole immigration system.

But the day it does happen will be a great day

Yess" will be a great day I agree !!

I think if immigration now is taking longer there will be allot of stress on there relationships .

Edited by Luba

Well being 2 months behind you guys doesn't make me feel all that confident. I was/am planning to leave in mid December at latest early Jan, for my son to start school. If they muck around too long you can bet I will be making some waves. I will not separate my family just for some administrative bs. I will not also delay the enrollment of my son in school, which actually has to be done in October. We shall see... We have had all the tourist visas as well 4 or 5 of them.

Oz

We applied in June so we have only began the long wait . Still feeling confused about the process and what they will trip us on just to watch us squim. I have no doubts that we are equal lowest of the lowest priority for immigration to process and to the government we are just another mob of un-australian scum somewhere on the same level as disability rorters and old people who won't just go away and die so we don't bother them anymore . .Yes, damm right i am cynical but i will play the game. What else can you do ?