Is there anyone who can do this 3D printing?

Trujillo

The automobile I am restoring needs a switch that controls lights/turn signals, etc. but it is very damaged from time and repeated attempts over time to repair it. It's a basic-looking piece that is about 2 inches across. You can see the pics, from both sides. it's the sort of triangular part that I most need, although printing the larger black piece would be nice too. The metal parts can be removed, of course; it's just the base I need.

Any suggestions?

post-165256-0-20693500-1403606389_thumb.

post-165256-0-23430500-1403606396_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Im thinking that a couple of pieces of lexian or plexiglass might do the job. As long as you can transfer all the metal pieces across.

Next problem is finding someone that has the above products....

I only have the parts themselves. I do not have the technology to produce the CAD. Would not actually know how to begin on that.

I would post photos of the vehicle, but after about six months of waiting, the owner, who is working on the car, has yet to "finish" what repairs he said he would include in the total price. I believe he will eventually take the car and have it re-registered, but when....well, remember where we are.

When the car is officially mine, I will try to remember to post something.

I believe the metal bits can be taken out and put back in.

Anyone can scan the pieces for the CAD?

Chiang Mai University is your friend.

Mechanical Engineering, Khun Norraset.

There are CNC lath and milling machines, laser and plasma cutters as well as a Makerbot Replicator-2 3D printer.

Could be a nice project for the students to digitize your object.

If you want, you can PM me.

Just out of curiosity.

I can understand that it's possible to 3D print off a CAD file but how would the OP get one from his sample.

Can his sample be scanned into a CAD file or any sort of file the 3D printer could use?

blink.png

Just out of curiosity.

I can understand that it's possible to 3D print off a CAD file but how would the OP get one from his sample.

Can his sample be scanned into a CAD file or any sort of file the 3D printer could use?

blink.png

The piece is not complicated so anyone with some 3D cad skill could easily draw it, for more complex parts you use a 3D scanner.

• 3 months later...