Non immigrant B visa

No official limit, but they will not allow you to stay in Thailand continuously on them by leaving and returning right back. Then they will start asking questions about what you are doing in Thailand.

If you come and go once a month it should not be a problem.

Thank you.

Am in my early 40s and do not quality for retirement visa for quite some years.

What would be my best option to start staying in thailand until I tuen 50?

I do have reasonable means of living, from activities in Thailand and abroad.

Got 10 million baht in a fixed Cert Deposit or a condo , investor visa ( if condo value falls below 10 mil visa is cancelled)

NOTE: heirs cannot inherit a condo without bringing in their own cash

You can get a job and do dangerous visa runs every 90 days.

You can start a business and still do visa runs every 90 days

You can marry a Thai, which seems to be what the rules encourage, (which is actually fraudulent in my home country.)

Lots of threads on how Thai partners can pretty much take it all, and do- frequently.

What could ever be worth this hassle? Nothing !!!

Edited by EBlair48

Got 10 million baht in a fixed Cert Deposit or a condo , investor visa ( if condo value falls below 10 mil visa is cancelled)

The purchase price of condo is used for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon a 10 million baht investment is used not the market value when applying for subsequent annual extensions.

The 10 million baht investment can be met by a condo purchase or it can be a combination of money in the bank or bonds with the purchase.

I am corrected, your visa extension will not be granted if the condo values falls below whatever amount it needs to be for you to have the 10 mil investment requirement.

It's a rigged table, don't play.

Right now I find myself unable to get an B extension as even though I have followed all rules to the letter, it was decided the co does not make enough profit.

Edited by EBlair48

I am corrected, your visa extension will not be granted if the condo values falls below whatever amount it needs to be for you to have the 10 mil investment requirement.

It's a rigged table, don't play.

Right now I find myself unable to get an B extension as even though I have followed all rules to the letter, it was decided the co does not make enough profit.

That means you have not been paying enough taxes.

And afaik you're not correct regarding the extension based on value, it is based on purchase price.

• 2 weeks later...

A non-B is a one year visa: the B is for business. Your friend just has to check in at immigration every 90 days . Or if he is lucky his HR dept. will do it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app