Get off your high horse, America, we do not need a ride: Thai opinion

webfact

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why ever morning at the American Embassy their are long lines of people who want to come to this country. Answer that. We must be doing something right.

WHILE THE US still has money for high wages and for buying American land, people will still come - this time the United States has it plain wrong! If not for elections the people crowing in the US would not have jobs!! Of course there is no doubt the odd bit of Shinawatra whinging and palm greasing responsible for U.S attitude too as you will agree `Im sure Bob!!

• Like 1

What does this article have to do with human trafficking and military coups in Thailand which I think most people consider very, very bad things.

Everything, pib!

You see, thailand was called out on something they're good at (which is inherently dirty) - and with that the thai people (not all, though) feel ashamed and angry. So what else to do other than write an article which channels a tantrum?

She is probably in her lair writing an exciting part two to this 'article'.

Edited by hookedondhamma

Then why ever morning at the American Embassy their are long lines of people who want to come to this country. Answer that. We must be doing something right.

Americas and Thais have two things in common, corruption and poor intellect, only Americans are on a grander scale. So we have dumb people who think they can make more money in the states.

Poor intellect. Let's see. Just what type of computer did you post that from? IBM clone PC? Mac? And what operating system are you using? Microsoft, Apple, Unix, Linux/Andoid? Did you post it on the internet via TCP/IP? Wireless, wired?

Do you get any information for the dumb people at Google?

Does your country use any nuclear power plants? Does it have stealth aircraft technology?

America by far leads the world in technology so it can't be all that lacking in "intellect."

Geez.

i agree with you totally there are extremely technically advanced people in the US There are also millions who commit the worst crimes on the planet in gang and drug wars, drive by shootings highest murder rates per second in the world- just a shame that their intellect is not matched by their common sense and feeling for their fellow human beings. If it was they may not blindly stick to outdated ideals and furthering their own ends above all!!

• Like 2

What does this article have to do with human trafficking and military coups in Thailand which I think most people consider very, very bad things.

Everything, pib!

You see, thailand was called out on something they're good at (which is inherently dirty) - and with that the thai people (not all, though) feel ashamed and angry. So what else to do other than write an article which channels a tantrum?

Of course - our military coup makes 95% of Thai people happy your democracy and obama make 54% of Americans miserable - who should feel ashamed and angry - stop being holier than thou it already cost you Vietnam!!

• Like 2

The writer had a chance to make a point here. unfortunately the article is a smattering of negativity from Google searches with no coherent connection.

Yes Thailand you have made a mess of your politics, just admit it and try to fix it. Deflection to America will not make any difference.

Just because America has it's own problems doesn't mean they and the rest of the world can't see yours.

Did anyone notice that she (the writer of the OP) forgot to add to the slew of deeds that:

1- Thailand allowed the Japanese army to occupy the country

2- set up bases and concentration (hard labor camps) on Thai soil and...

3- the crowning jewel of Thailand actions during World War II, publicly declared war to USA and UK.

The usual suspects should abstain from their apologies: "but the ambassadors never delivered the declaration of war."

The government of the time made public the declaration of war first, to the Japanese, second to the Thai population, third, to the world.

Happy now?

Although the Thai ambassador in London had delivered Phibun's declaration of war to the British government, the Thai ambassador in Washington DC, Seni Pramoj, refused to do so. Accordingly, the United States did not declare war on Thailand.

• Like 2

Thailand is the fortunate beneficiary in that the US made a grave error in 1954 by "interfering" in the French defeat in Vietnam. Had it not been for the US' over reaction to the harm of communism, Thailand most certainly would now be communist or fascist at the least. There would be no massive wealth siphoned off from foolish US investments in Thailand's military industrial complex, there would be no massive prostitution and its associated cash flow in to the Thai economy, and there would be no infringement of US business' intellectual property. The US should have minded its own business in SE Asia in 1954 and let its cottage prostitution trade stumble along instead of becoming the world's house of ill repute.

Had the US not foolishly invested in Thailand's military and its support of creatures like the Village Scouts (the earlier version of the PAD), and other border thugs to guard against communism, Thailand would continue to be a feudal banana pecking order and fourth world with the majority of its citizens goose stepping along, shuffling about, playing its domestic petty prostitution game and eating rice with no teeth. The only things that have changed in Thailand is that they aren't goose stepping "yet" and there is a very wealthy selfish elite business class establishment created on the backs of US military investment and security. This military security empowered Thailand to pursue and obtain huge Japanese and foreign investment, for without it, no one would have ever invested in Thailand other than setting up a girlie bar.

The US has been mistakenly disproportionate in its generousness and forgiving of Thailand's stupidity, greed, sloth, lack of investment in its own development, drug trafficking, general corruption mentality and violations of human rights. The US should take Thailand's advice and pick up its marbles and go home. The US should leave Thailand alone to manage its own sex, corruption, child labor and human trafficking along with its military. The US should channel all of its current 12 million USD in aid to Thailand's military in to its own public works on US shores for the benefit of US taxpayers. The US banks should cease all transaction activity with Thai banks. The US would indeed be wise to turn its back on Thailand, sanction all of its trade, and put it on a travel prohibition list with North Korea, Iran, and Somalia.

The US should be ashamed of itself for being tiered up with Thailand. The US has foolishly interfered and wasted hundreds of billions of dollars for decades in attempting to alter the course of Thailand and drag it into the modern world, investing in Thai military capability and force, and human development. Communism is no longer a big threat, and the US is not welcome in Thailand and it should close its own borders shores to Thais and call back all but a skeleton crew of embassy staff in Bangkok.

Thailand declared war on the US and Great Britain on January 25, 1942 and threw over to the Japanese. The Thais supported building the Death Railway as the result of declaring war on the United States not more than sixty days after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The US would be wise to stop associating with Thailand lest it be double crossed again. The US should certainly not be advising Thailand as this writer recommends.

Thais are very capable of the double cross and the United States should take this writer's advice and back off, get its own garden in order and leave Thais to fend for themselves. The US should mind its own business. Thais can take care of themselves as the everyone in the world knows. Just look at the Thai press content and you will know immediately that the US should mind its own business. The Thais are more than capable of minding their own business and taking care of business.

Garbage post - go and do some proper reading about Thai army fighting communist insurgents for 20 years watch a documentary about the highest power in thailand and how he organised our defence against communism - I wonder why such strong feelings against our fantastic Army?? is there someone in Dubai you need to bring propaganda for?? We don't need US permission for anything!!

• Like 1

that article is a childish argument, like a vexed child asking "why are you blaming me? you have no right to do so, since you are doing the same".

It is for me showing once more one of the basic problems of the thai society...they cannot learn, because they do not dare to say it, if they have made a mistake, they could loose their face. and it is cementing their view, which i hear so often, "we are Thais and you (farangs) will never understand us, so we do it our way". which means "keep yourself out of it", which i am doing, because there is no way you can discuss with somebody taking that attitude.

i see it as a great case of luck for Thailand, that a man at the end of his own career, with the ability to listen to others, integer and intelligent has taken the helm. one can discuss about, if a military coup is bad, or unacceptable....but that guy seems to prove that it can be good for a nation with people unwilling to learn and to be democratic (for me coming from switzerland democratic means, "accept the majority, but respect the minority and the majority will have to make compromises to load as many people as possible on the bandwagon")

i love Thai people, they have so many great things and i am hoping that finally some learning may start.

• Like 1

Everything is true as to what he has said about America!

What the writer do not see nor want to believe because of his own personal patriotism to his own country is " The more patriotic one is for his own country the more stupid they become!"

Yet as bad as America might be Thailand wakes up each day trying to strive what America and other Western countries have! If you truly believe what has been written then stop taking our Aid! Especially the Military Aid! that is provided year after year and the lack exporting rules that allows Thailand to sell it goods like your rice!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Everything, pib!

Of course - our military coup makes 95% of Thai people happy your democracy and obama make 54% of Americans miserable - who should feel ashamed and angry - stop being holier than thou it already cost you Vietnam!!

95% of Thai people happy? Where do you get your facts from? I hope it's not from the less than 1500 people survey. You're not smoking dopes or anything before you write this, right?

A poorly written article really.

As for the US, best they stuck to what they know, which is invading countries , trying to install their version of democracy, and then leaving the place in disarray.

Omit all the aid, assistance and loans from the picture though, right? ........If what country pulled out all business and investments, manufacturing from Thailand, the place would be...what??

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

America by far leads the world in technology so it can't be all that lacking in "intellect."

LOL - let me give you just only one example: Without the German Wernher von Braun the NASA would never had become a success organisation.

And please don't ask me for more like this.

You might like to ask "Where do Americans come from"?? The native American Indians have almost certainly not been instrumental in all the US claimed successes of the world!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Everything, pib!

95% of Thai people happy? Where do you get your facts from? I hope it's not from the less than 1500 people survey. You're not smoking dopes or anything before you write this, right?

You don't read much in the village do you - does the internet connection only stay on for 30 minutes a day now? Although there are probably dozens of better examples, have a look back at yesterdays article on thai visa I think it was entitled "Most Thais happy with the Coup Government" Try and read beyond Shinawatra propaganda and maybe one day you won't make garbage responses to people!!

Edited by love1012
  • Like 2

At least the US can take criticism. We can slag the place off all we want on here with no fear of vanishing during the night.

You could make it public you hate Bush/Obama and still be granted a visa... Important differences, I think.

where as if you say you hate the Shinawatras the Pheu thai would not have let you in - is that what you mean??