Loei: Yossawadee resort home seized

webfact

This is small potatoes compared to the destruction that the hill tribe people cause to the forest.

You don't know much about the real "hill tribe" people, do you?

I know I don't, JustOne, so I would be interested in what you have to say.

• Like 1

Surly more good than bad could be done if they just annex the property instead of destroying the property? Think of the revenue the forest reserve could earn by renting out the rooms and bungalows to foreigners and the people in the holiday season.

They already have accommodation in national parks for anyone who wants to stay, see http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp/style1/default.asp?npid=33&lg=2

Most of the time it is empty.

Yes I have.

• Like 2

"The raid at the resort was in compliance to the policy of the National Council for Peace and Order to return forests to the people."

While I do applaud the NCPOs strong-willed drive to weed out crooks and influential bigwigs who for decades have shamelessly plundered Thailand's resources without legal implications or punishment, the above sentence nevertheless gives me food for thought:

Does it mean that citizens soon will be able to collect wild mushrooms in national forests without having to fear to be jailed for 15 years for their "crime"?

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

A man of action is better then a man of words.

The General and the NCPO seem to fit the bill. I just hope they continue doing it without sparing the well-connected to send the message home that entitlement and privileges that defy law and order are no longer welcome.

• Like 1

A Thanpuying owner no less, that's as close as you can get blue blood without being an ML or MR. They're going after the amart also.

...and the issue pre-dates Thaksin by years. It IS an elite rort.

I bet all these people wish Yingluck had shut the reds down and the UDD and PTP made to be very quiet over amnesty and rice and etc.

They would still be running a corrupt government and no laws enforced. Go General Go.!

Just a thought

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Does it mean that citizens soon will be able to collect wild mushrooms in national forests without having to fear to be jailed for 15 years for their "crime"?

Not the magic ones...

There hasn't been another word about the people jailed for picking wild mushrooms (mushrooms that are neither rare, endangered, or even extremely valuable).

That case was pathetic. It was like arresting someone for collecting a litre of saltwater from the ocean.

• Like 2

I just have to wonder if these reported items are being done evenly

I rejoice in the collection of these bad guys and their assets but I still wonder that will all the suggested graft in Thailand that both "sides" of the equation are being sorted out.

I would hate to find out later that the discoloured were being treated differently to each other.

We need much more yet to prove we are true.

Dear Good General, ramp it up please

Regards

Good news, lets hope this is followed up and it is reported in 30 days that the buildings have been removed.

Lets also hope that they go after all persons who have encroached instead of just selecting relatively unconnected persons.

Lets have a look at Kho Yai, Samui etc............

Think there is a lifetime of work just in Phuket....... :-) As near as I can tell the

most corrupt land office in Thailand.