Quickest cheapest way to get airport

2008bangkok

I find it absolutely amazing why everybody seems to be "in a rush" chill out guys and take the train..in my life I have never taken "the fastest route" but only "the most enjoyable". God bless you all viewers!

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My vote is for Bells. For 250 Baht they pick you up in a mini bus and transfer you to North Pattaya bus station. From there the large coach goes direct to airport and takes 1 hour 40 minutes (I timed it last 2 trips).

Oh come on! This topic, with good replies, has been posted many times. Do a bit of searching on ThaiVisa mate.

Jeez man by the time you wrote that you could of just answers and them we would have a more relevant post rather than the only one I candid from 2008

Don't take any notice man. There are lots of good (sometimes even brilliant) posts on this forum, but it is also plagued by a lot of nasty grumpy fools who are interested in nothing but ranting, scolding others, and revelling in the nectar of anonymity.

The best is for you to get to Jomtien, opposite Pan Pan restaurant, where Roonreuang coaches have a little terminal. Their coaches go directly to Suwarnabumi airport every hour on the hour, it takes 1h30' approximately and costs 134 baht. If you have a plane to catch it's advisable (and possible) to buy your ticket one day in advance, but at the moment the coaches are not full.

Bon voyage.

Or Pattaya Nua Bus Terminal.

Take a minivan from Pattaya Tai.

They run every 1/2 hour, are cheap ( 120 Bht ) , only take about 50 minutes, and have air con.

A major issue you may find with using them, is they may not arrive at the airport, and you may find yourself taking the final flight of your life.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quickest cheapest way to get airport

The words "cheap and quick" cannot go hand in hand when applied to transport. However, in Pattaya they can be applied to the ladies on Beach road.

If you want quick....cough up the cash and get a taxi.

The bus in post 5 is just as quick as a taxi and very cheap.

• Like 1

2008bangkok, you seem to be confused.

A "normal" bus to xxxxx -- you didn't specify.

1. Bell leaves from the North Road bus station for the airport every 2 hours. 250 baht. Trouble is you end up being too early or too late for your departure, in my experience.

2. A Roong Reuang bus (very nice one, too) leaves from Jomtien (Food Mart plaza on Thapphraya at Thepphrasit) every hour straight to the airport. 134 baht. It doesn't leave early enough for the really early flights though.

3. Taxi.

1. Bell leaves from the North Road bus station for the airport every 2 hours. 250 baht. Trouble is you end up being too early or too late for your departure, in my experience.

2. A Roong Reuang bus (very nice one, too) leaves from Jomtien (Food Mart plaza on Thapphraya at Thepphrasit) every hour straight to the airport. 134 baht. It doesn't leave early enough for the really early flights though.

3. Taxi.

Hi thanks for the advice, in response to your question a normal bus I the main airport as per topic

Any idea how long the north terminal bus takes?

Thanks for advice

3. Taxi.

Hi thanks for the advice, in response to your question a normal bus I the main airport as per topic

Any idea how long the north terminal bus takes?

Thanks for advice

Still don't know what you mean. The above are the only buses to the airport from Pattaya.

Take a minivan from Pattaya Tai.

They run every 1/2 hour, are cheap ( 120 Bht ) , only take about 50 minutes, and have air con.

A major issue you may find with using them, is they may not arrive at the airport, and you may find yourself taking the final flight of your life.

Jokes aside, i've done this a few times because I stay a 1 minute walk from the minivan stall opposite soi Hollywood....

But what I do is tell the stall guy I want to be dropped off at Lat Krabang airport link station. No problems, the driver pulls in at the drop off point. I walk up the steps and get a 10 baht airport link ride, its the first station from swampy... so I can get directly into the departure lounge in just over 1 hour for 110 baht. It could be seen as a cheap charlie option but for me its probably the quickest way, so its a double win. I only travel with a small hand luggage case. If you have a large case they will charge you an extra 100 baht as it will take up one of the seats.

As others have said, I know people that use the bus from Jomtien and have no problems. The fastest will be a door to airport taxi, but that will come with the cost, obviously.

Along Maprachan, there is a new taxi/minivan business started, so I went by yesterday and asked the price to the Airport. I thought that being very near hwy 36, so an easy run to the airport, the price would not be so bad. Wow, was I surprised when he told me "1500, and that includes everything!" I asked what is "everything", and he replied "toll fees" (which I can understand), then added, "Gasoline"! I guess im lucky that he didnt add the price of new tires! Of course, I just walked away.

As they say, its low season, so they try to make all the money off one customer.

Assuming you mean BKK airport, the cheapest and quickest is probably Bell Bus from the Third road bus station. 250 baht I think is the current price. Runs all day and they can pick you up right at your hotel with a mini van first if you wish. I have one carry one so I typically just hop on a motorbike taxi to the station, buy a ticket and off I go.

I always use the Jomtien bus now to get from Pattaya to the airport. I gave up on taxis after too many bad experiences, the buses may take an hour or so longer when you factor in having to get to the terminal, but they are also reliable, no scams, no rip offs, low chance of a psycho driver etc.

The last time I took a taxi from Pattaya it was late. And when it turned up the car was crap. Not only that, the driver, a young guy, was taking some other local with him in the front, and they had their radio blaring out until I ordered them to turn it off. And on other rides I got sick of the hand out at the end, for a tip, and I got sick of the uncertainty over who pays the tolls and all the rest. Once, coming from the airport, some idiot, the sweaty type with tons of amulets, made a huge detour, which I discovered in the end was to fill up with gas, and of course he said he had no money and so I had to pay. The final time, was when I was at the airport, agreed to their rip off price at the counter, and then saw the car....no thanks....held together with duct tape...hadn't paid yet....walked off, took the bus. Nope, I've had enough of the greedy turds on legs that seem to be behind the wheels of too many of these vehicles....the bus is better.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by paddyjenkins
  • Like 1

I agree the bus to/from Jomtien is the safest and most reliable way to travel to the airport. Only 134 baht and nothing to worry about, you will get there in time.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh come on! This topic, with good replies, has been posted many times. Do a bit of searching on ThaiVisa mate.

Jeez man by the time you wrote that you could of just answers and them we would have a more relevant post rather than the only one I candid from 2008

Don't take any notice man. There are lots of good (sometimes even brilliant) posts on this forum, but it is also plagued by a lot of nasty grumpy fools who are interested in nothing but ranting, scolding others, and revelling in the nectar of anonymity.

The best is for you to get to Jomtien, opposite Pan Pan restaurant, where Roonreuang coaches have a little terminal. Their coaches go directly to Suwarnabumi airport every hour on the hour, it takes 1h30' approximately and costs 134 baht. If you have a plane to catch it's advisable (and possible) to buy your ticket one day in advance, but at the moment the coaches are not full.

Bon voyage.

1h30' is definitely NOT enough, 2h is the minimum for the bus. 1:30 is for a taxi doing 110km/h average, bus will never do that. AND with the bus, you need to get to the bus station first, using 1-2 Baht busses with your bags (which will make the people like you) which adds to the cost... and on weekends and in evenings, the bus will be stuck another 30min on either pattaya 2nd or on Suk...

Belltravel would be an option to Roonreuang, they are more expensive but pick you up at your hotel, if it is within their service range.

But for me... ONLY taxi and as mentioned above, Mr. T is very reliable, but you hotel might have other options for you. I rather go safe, fast, hassle free and door-to-door and pay for that, cheap is not my option for going to the airport (or coming from there).

You'd be surprised - I've done the airport terminal in exactly 1:09 on a Bell Bus... but this was unusual.

If it's just me and their time table fits in with my flight, I'll take Bell... unfortunately they have a very limited schedule which doesn't fit in with most people's travel plans. Considering the number of flights arriving at Suvarnabhumi and the number of tourists wanting to travel to Pattaya you'd think there would be a 24 hour service by now. I have a feeling there are some restrictions in place to benefit the taxi services.

• Like 1