Unbearably sad songs only

bannork

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis' Funeral (Long black limousine):

Yeeeeeeeh, I have said a few words at his resting place......I am not American but the Kings stuff has made an impact on this English guy's life............thumbsup.gif

As did I....amazing place.....

No i don't do what you accuse me of.

If it offends you that i like and know a lot of music then so be it.

And where is the stipulation specified that there must be a personal connection or meaning.to each track posted and how do you judge me if it has a connection or not .

Their intelligence cannot be doubted- for example their thinkers :Kant, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Adorno -Germany's intellectual culture is formidable, for sure.

And after WW2, to start again, rising from the terrible recent past, not forgetting but trying to create something new, it can't have been easy, perhaps it still isn't, which may explain why German bands often seem to possess an air of gravity, a heavy load as the lyrics here say.

Xen, please come back, I'm feeling sad you're not posting any more sad songs.Don't worry about others' views, personally I don't think you have to be in the same situation to appreciate a sad song -'Ruby don't take your love to town', for example, I've never fought in a war and my legs still work perfectly, but that song moves me. Your entries are far too esoteric to be a random google search.

This afternoon rgs posted Stealer's Wheel's Stuck in the middle with you on the main music thread- Gerry Rafferty- it reminded me of this melancholic song of his- The loneliness of the long distance drinker ( punning on a famous book of my youth- The loneliness of the long distance runner).

Unfortunately it has one of the worst most distasteful album covers ever in my opinion- that could be a thread in itself!

Thanks Bannock. I was a little pissed that somebody would challenge my integrity without any basis or even knowing who i am. I love my music and I spend a lot of time exploring new music.. Most of the tracks i have posted are also in my personal collection that i have amassed over the years and some are tracks that i have recently discovered. I can't stick to one period or one genre although i tend to steer clear of mainstream and leave for others.

I will post one of my favourite singers with one of the most raw and emotional voices to be found anywhere .

Nice one Xen, that's a memorable voice and number.

I used to sing the line: It's so cold in Alaska during cold spells in the UK years ago as a form of compensation, after all the temperature in the UK is never as brutal as it is in Alaska, but of course the real meaning of the song lies on another level.

Someone who I was close to in Thailand for many years developed schizophrenia 5 years ago. At New Year as all the relatives were preparing to return to Bangkok and the surrounding provinces, she looked really sad as she looked on. I turned to her and said, ' One day you can go to, you will feel better'. And she just looked at me like I came from Mars.

People get in bad moods, friends and situations change, but when someone still looks physically fine yet is beyond any mutual comprehension, it's a terrible feeling.

A living death.

This is certainly a miserable sad song, by the master of funeral dirges "Lenard Cohen",wether you can stand 6 minutes of this thoroughly depressing rendition is another matter,good luck!

Edited by MAJIC

Guess who has a ticket to see, not so much sad songs, but some sad songs next month - me. Can^t wait to see him.

I have a front row ticket and bugger anyone that says anything about him. I shall just melt for an evening listening to his songs and perving.

Edited by Patsycat

If this hasn't been posted then it should have been, if already posted then bugger here it is again - I want it to be played at my funeral as my wicker coffin goes into the pyre. Covered in pink roses and my teddybear who has lived my life with me.

Edited by Patsycat

I never understood why most folks didn't like Michael Bolton...he has a good voice but his material is cheesy...

I discovered a brothel in Jakarta and my marriage was coming to an end and this song was popular at the time...I was true to my wedding vows until I met the prostitute Tuti...and every time that I went to see her the Michael Bolton song reverberated...

I never understood why most folks didn't like Michael Bolton...he has a good voice but his material is cheesy...

I discovered a brothel in Jakarta and my marriage was coming to an end and this song was popular at the time...I was true to my wedding vows until I met the prostitute Tuti...and every time that I went to see her the Michael Bolton song reverberated...

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan Ferry and The Floyd, both wrote great tunes with a memorable melancholia permeating their works.

Personally I blame it on the English weather.....

Long live the glorious Thai winter in all its mildness, brilliant sunshine and vivid flowers!