Is my own experience a fluke

Philip550

Wow I didn't plan to respond but I guess I should. This is my second post and so far I've been called a do-gooder, a guy who

looks for trouble, someone with a face that begs to be punched and I smell like bacon cause I was a cop..LOL

If you were there you would have seen that I did nothing to bring these situations on. I have always been a quiet person that knows how to mind my own business. True, as a police officer I've had to enforce some laws that I have been morally opposed to.But through out my career I've tried my best to assist people when possible and focus on crimes that resulted in property loss,death and injury to innocent citizens.

As I said, although I have spent time in Pattaya, Surin and Chyiaphum(mainly Nong Bua Dang) my favorite places are not

exactly high tourist areas. I just did not expect the harsh statements from folks that have no first hand knowledge of my

experiences my demeanor and public behavior. Oh Well lol

Welcome to Disney Land for men.

The good news is, there are only a small number of trolls on here, 10-15 maybe,out of the thousands,who nearly always have something negative to post.

I think I'm beginning to understand more this type of person.

The reality of someone else's achievements and happiness, is inconceivable to someone discontent and unsatisfied with their life.
If you mention the make of your car and its not Ford, your posing.
If you have success with a Thai girl, your lying etc etc etc.
To be honest I've never experienced anything like it in my life!
I was in the London Fire Brigade.
I'm like your self, use to working with real 'men'.
The anonymity on here makes them feel like 'ruffty tufftys'?
Anyway, you can guess they don't wear a name badge at the Christmas party.
'Ave a great weekend.

I have lived in Thailand for about 17 years and have never so much as had a shouting match with anyone, despite drinking in bars a minimum of once a week, in every location in Thailand and SEA for that matter. At the same time I have a friend who has been here the same amount of time + a couple of years and has had dozens of confrontations (probably hundreds), fights, beatings etc with farangs, Thais, ladyboys and TGs, with bones broken dozens of stitches etc. The difference? He is an obnoxious <deleted> when hammered and I apparently am not. Read into that what you will. What's more I have seen this chap hundreds of times when tanked and he asks to get hit, yet when he sobers up he always claims that he did nothing wrong.

Their are only 2 types of drunks that exist -

1: A happy drunk.

2: An angry drunk.

You are the number 1 type and your friend is the number 2 type.

It's where you are hanging out..

Two issues I have had in Thailand in all my time here have been in soi 11.

They were pissed. Drunk tourist both times Ireland and England. I should have known better but I was pissed also.

If you don't go to those places no problems.

I have lived in Thailand for about 17 years and have never so much as had a shouting match with anyone, despite drinking in bars a minimum of once a week, in every location in Thailand and SEA for that matter. At the same time I have a friend who has been here the same amount of time + a couple of years and has had dozens of confrontations (probably hundreds), fights, beatings etc with farangs, Thais, ladyboys and TGs, with bones broken dozens of stitches etc. The difference? He is an obnoxious <deleted> when hammered and I apparently am not. Read into that what you will. What's more I have seen this chap hundreds of times when tanked and he asks to get hit, yet when he sobers up he always claims that he did nothing wrong.

Their are only 2 types of drunks that exist -

1: A happy drunk.

2: An angry drunk.

You are the number 1 type and your friend is the number 2 type.

I think you'll find he is the #3 type, an irritating drunk

• Like 1

Wow I didn't plan to respond but I guess I should. This is my second post and so far I've been called a do-gooder, a guy who

looks for trouble, someone with a face that begs to be punched and I smell like bacon cause I was a cop..LOL

If you were there you would have seen that I did nothing to bring these situations on. I have always been a quiet person that knows how to mind my own business. True, as a police officer I've had to enforce some laws that I have been morally opposed to.But through out my career I've tried my best to assist people when possible and focus on crimes that resulted in property loss,death and injury to innocent citizens.

As I said, although I have spent time in Pattaya, Surin and Chyiaphum(mainly Nong Bua Dang) my favorite places are not

exactly high tourist areas. I just did not expect the harsh statements from folks that have no first hand knowledge of my

how much did he want for the camera then?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Dont get too discouraged owd pal, its a normal response that you received, especially you representing authority (as it were).

Maybe if you do post again you will now know what to expect.

Those making negatives post are laughed at and tolerated by most of the fair minded folk on here.

its just part of the cost of getting to the really interesting posts having to read the diatribes, personal insults and general sh+e that these morbidly unfair and biased members write.

If you hadn't mentioned your past employment, do you think that you would have got the response that you did?

Its have a dig time when someone puts up like you did.

A real " career criminal" accepts that there needs to be some protection for society and is happy to see "Most" of those inside stay inside, especially where there was unneeded violence or crimes against kids or women.

Its only the "Plastics" That is imitation plastic gangsters, lowlifes and junkies who have this morbid attitude to Police or Authority in any form and then make stupid remarks on forums such as these to make them feel as though they are part of some powerful crime gang or syndicate.

Its amazing how these same people soon fold and grass up their friends and acquaintances when they are arrested for the most innocuous of crimes

Now dont take it personally and get on posting

Edited by n210mp

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Give the guy a break. His job as a cop is not the point of the op.

Without police, it would be a Mad Max movie out there.

I agree but Thailand is not his jurisdiction and he is advocating pot smoking which is illegal. Alcohol is legal. How many dumb asses has he locked up for weed?

It's all very contradictory. Going to a bar and not drinking automatically makes people suspicious. Talking to Nigerians??????? Go figure.

Only a redneck Confederate-flag waving moron could make so many generalisations in one post

Pot smokers are usually too busy sitting around listening to Pink Floyd and feeding the munchies to ever hassle anyone.....there are a lot of mean drunks in Thailand and in my experience the really worst of the lot is almost always a farang.....the bright spot is that usually the drunks are not as horny as they are in the west which tends to calm them down a bit....at least most of them don't seem to get into fights over a girl like they do in so many other places.

I think you will find the modern pot smokers of today listening to something other than 40 year old music

@Phillip50

I am not a cop and never have been, but I have noticed that scumbags really, really hate me. Not just in Thailand but in the US, the UK and virtually every country I've ever been to. It doesn't matter whether I've spoken to them or not or where I am; the <deleted> seem to find me.

So you have my sympathies in that regard.