Troops find 91,000 sacks of rice missing from a Pathum Thani warehouse

Lite Beer

Well who would have seen that coming. When the PTP through the Public Warehouses Organization run by a mate of Chalerms' son who lied to the courts to get Chalerms' son off assassination charges makes 2 different excuses a month apart then that has "LIE" written all over it.

22nd of April - Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) stated no rice missing from government warehouses. Their excuse for the perceived missing rice was that it was kept as part of the secondary reserve at silos of private companies under the supervision of the PWO.

May 28, 2014 - PWO still deny rice is missing. and had a new explanation that differs from their explanation a month earlier is the rice had been pulled out for bleaching and delivery.

And to think that 7% of the population still support these muppets. All I can say is the Ministry of Propaganda was the best performing ministry in the PTP.

Speaking of Chalerm (aka the Dick Cheney of Thailand). Where is that snake in the grass hiding out these days? How does he always manage to keep his name out of these stories?

Edited by lapd

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but, but how can this be?

Commerce Min asserts no rice missing from warehouses

BANGKOK, 2 May 2014 (NNT) – The Commerce Ministry has confirmed that no rice pledged under the subsidy program has gone missing from the warehouses.

Source:

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5C6sHNTwTn.jpg

-- NNT 2014-05-02

and in another thread a bereaved mother is seeking the truth !

So is every one else in Thailand with the exception of the PTP and the red shirts. Also the few farong posters on T V who still want the PTP.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another paper reports most of the 39,000 sacks remaining in the wearhouse are infested with weevils. I wonder if any action will be taken to recover its value.

I think that they may try but the money is long gone offshore.

The rice scheme was a Taksin/red faction project, so the army are purposely digging to make Taksin and crew to be the number one enemies of the state. Blacken their names, have the courts ban them from future elections, and bingo, you guys have a one party yellow government, forever! Enjoy.

Purposely diggingcheesy.gif The scam was stinking so bad that the government was digging into it before the army came on the scene. Blackencheesy.gif there name. No need they have done a great job of it all by themselves.giggle.gifclap2.gif

So can you confirm that you do pay tax in Thailand? I do, and I have for 20 plus years, and while I don't resent that at all - it should certainly be more - I do resent it being stolen by the Shin clan and other dishonest Thai politicians. So... do you pay tax, 'Farang'? Or are you all mouth and trousers?

Everyone pays tax,if you buy goods at a store,if you buy petrol,if you buy beer or wine if you buy clothes, so get off of your high horse. It's not yours once the government takes it,they could use it for toilet paper and there is nothing you can do about it,it gets squandered like all tax money,it gets stolen,that's the way it is and your life won't change one bit if it was any different. Useless aircraft carrier without any planes anyone ?

So, another long term "tourist" or "student". Some of us pay Income Tax as well as VAT, wise guy.

Come Aug.12 he won't find it so easy to be long term tourist.

Well who would have seen that coming. When the PTP through the Public Warehouses Organization run by a mate of Chalerms' son who lied to the courts to get Chalerms' son off assassination charges makes 2 different excuses a month apart then that has "LIE" written all over it.

22nd of April - Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) stated no rice missing from government warehouses. Their excuse for the perceived missing rice was that it was kept as part of the secondary reserve at silos of private companies under the supervision of the PWO.

May 28, 2014 - PWO still deny rice is missing. and had a new explanation that differs from their explanation a month earlier is the rice had been pulled out for bleaching and delivery.

And to think that 7% of the population still support these muppets. All I can say is the Ministry of Propaganda was the best performing ministry in the PTP.

Speaking of Chalerm (aka the Dick Cheney of Thailand). Where is that snake in the grass hiding out these days? How does he always manage to keep his name out of these stories?

That is the funniest part of this coup. Chalerm has virtually disappeared from view.

Not sure if that is self imposed as he figures out a way to save his skin ( probably flee

like the last time he was caught with a bunch of explainable money) , or the military

has him locked up while they work out all the charges against him. With his history

of getting out of town, I suspect the military is keeping him under wraps....

Back to topic, I have dreamed of the day when the rice scam was unraveled, and faces

put to the people who looted billions of baht from the Thai people. And now my dream

is coming true....

• Like 2

So can you confirm that you do pay tax in Thailand? I do, and I have for 20 plus years, and while I don't resent that at all - it should certainly be more - I do resent it being stolen by the Shin clan and other dishonest Thai politicians. So... do you pay tax, 'Farang'? Or are you all mouth and trousers?

Everyone pays tax,if you buy goods at a store,if you buy petrol,if you buy beer or wine if you buy clothes, so get off of your high horse. It's not yours once the government takes it,they could use it for toilet paper and there is nothing you can do about it,it gets squandered like all tax money,it gets stolen,that's the way it is and your life won't change one bit if it was any different. Useless aircraft carrier without any planes anyone ?

So, another long term "tourist" or "student". Some of us pay Income Tax as well as VAT, wise guy.

I'll bite. What happens Aug . 12 ? All farangs are thrown out of Thailand ??

I'll bite. What happens Aug . 12 ? All farangs are thrown out of Thailand ??

That is the official date when they institute the new visa policy. Not exactly sure of the limitations. I think it is three back to back visa's. It was announced about a month ago. My senior moment can not recall the details. Now weather it will stop the people doing it is another thing. It will how ever give the offenders time to get proper visas.

On the front page of the other paper, they are showing the army guys climbing all over stacks of rice metres high and square, trying to work out how many is in each stack.

Short of looking at what is written on the paper stock report, there is no way they can work out what is in the warehouse accurately.

You should learn to read. There was nothing behind the stacks they showed an empty warehouse with a few bags to cover it up. some thing like 91,000 bags missing.

On the front page of the other paper, they are showing the army guys climbing all over stacks of rice metres high and square, trying to work out how many is in each stack.

Short of looking at what is written on the paper stock report, there is no way they can work out what is in the warehouse accurately.

Not true - a very good estimate could be obtained by physical measurement of the stored rice allowing a volume calculation to be made, this is provided they haven't constructed a scaffold frame internally containing nothing but airspace as has already been done to give the impression of a full warehouse.

Exactly. A very good estimate? Within 5%?

5% of 17,000,000 TONNES is 850,000 MT at how many baht per kilo? Billions. The stacks aren't square, they slope. The stacks are 40 or 50 high, hundreds long and wide. Each stack is enormous volume.

You miss the point there was three stacks once they got behind them where there was room for many more stacks there was nothing nadda zilch. You don't fill up a warehouse by starting 50 feet away from the back wall and working towards the door. That leaves 50 feet of air not rice.

You should learn to read. There was nothing behind the stacks they showed an empty warehouse with a few bags to cover it up. some thing like 91,000 bags missing.

No no. This is the real complete stock check which has now begun. Hundreds of millions of sacks all going to be counted to get an accurate stock count.

I've been there and done it with a.coany with about 5,000 Mt of stock. It took a week. And was still inaccurate. Good luck with 17.000,000 Mt.

Not true - a very good estimate could be obtained by physical measurement of the stored rice allowing a volume calculation to be made, this is provided they haven't constructed a scaffold frame internally containing nothing but airspace as has already been done to give the impression of a full warehouse.

5% of 17,000,000 TONNES is 850,000 MT at how many baht per kilo? Billions. The stacks aren't square, they slope. The stacks are 40 or 50 high, hundreds long and wide. Each stack is enormous volume.

You miss the point there was three stacks once they got behind them where there was room for many more stacks there was nothing nadda zilch. You don't fill up a warehouse by starting 50 feet away from the back wall and working towards the door. That leaves 50 feet of air not rice.

Yes, one warehouse with stuff missing. OK.

Just look at how many piles they are going to have to count to.reconcile 19,000,000 tonnes. All the while reconciling all the shipments. Gooooooof luck

Just look at how many piles they are going to have to count to.reconcile 19,000,000 tonnes. All the while reconciling all the shipments. Gooooooof luck

Initially it is probably sufficient to establish a trend, quick estimate of that's is stored in each facility and then an inspection of the records - any discrepancy greater than X% automatically triggers further investigation there and then. Otherwise strict control of what goes out in the future against what the records currently show - it's not rocket science - companies have been practicing stock control / audits for as long as there has been stock. This is the reason BigC, Lotus, Makro usually have stock available -

Ok not always on the shelf at the exact time you need it but usually held in stock somewhere.

You are riding a dead horse. beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifThey are using the army not a few people. Also this is not the only discrepancy. They have also found them when the PTP was in power.