Troops find 91,000 sacks of rice missing from a Pathum Thani warehouse

Lite Beer

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hawk really has no clue

Clues are for Sherlock Holmes, facts are for me.

Hawk - you strike me as a real true believer in the great saint Thakin Shiniwatra - What did he do to earn such loyalty?

No! I am a true believer in the fact that Thailand is not a nice place at all. A land of deceivers and thieves.

And to think you were accusing me on another thread of not knowing about Thailand, then you come up with this beauty.

I normally avoid suggesting this and only save it for the real douchebags.

"Please hurry and leave, don't let the door at Suvarnabhumi hit you in the backside on the way out. Back to that hellhole country you call 'home sweet home'."

So can you confirm that you do pay tax in Thailand? I do, and I have for 20 plus years, and while I don't resent that at all - it should certainly be more - I do resent it being stolen by the Shin clan and other dishonest Thai politicians. So... do you pay tax, 'Farang'? Or are you all mouth and trousers?

Everyone pays tax,if you buy goods at a store,if you buy petrol,if you buy beer or wine if you buy clothes, so get off of your high horse. It's not yours once the government takes it,they could use it for toilet paper and there is nothing you can do about it,it gets squandered like all tax money,it gets stolen,that's the way it is and your life won't change one bit if it was any different. Useless aircraft carrier without any planes anyone ?

So, another long term "tourist" or "student". Some of us pay Income Tax as well as VAT, wise guy.

• Like 1

Anyway, as I said before, I don't give a crap, not my money or rice, so why are you making a serious issue out of it. Got some unaccounted for rice sacks at the back of your shack?

Let me guess, your sat up in an Isan red village drawing a pension of 20,000 baht a month, so it's not your money because you are not a tax paying foreigner.
No!

So can you confirm that you do pay tax in Thailand? I do, and I have for 20 plus years, and while I don't resent that at all - it should certainly be more - I do resent it being stolen by the Shin clan and other dishonest Thai politicians. So... do you pay tax, 'Farang'? Or are you all mouth and trousers?

Pay tax? Why? If you pay tax, that's your choice. I only pay V.A.T when its stolen from me, business tax never.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hawk really has no clue

Clues are for Sherlock Holmes, facts are for me.

Hawk - you strike me as a real true believer in the great saint Thakin Shiniwatra - What did he do to earn such loyalty?

No! I am a true believer in the fact that Thailand is not a nice place at all. A land of deceivers and thieves.

So you fit right in? :)

Not really.

I'm still trying to work out if the troops actually found 91,000 sacks missing from Pathumtani, and if so where else did they find them, or if they found out that 91,000 sacks had been missing but didn't believe they were missing, or if indeed they found out that 91,000 sacks were indeed still missing OR THOUGHT to be missing and didn't indded find them. I can get my head around this. Bizzare.

Edited by UbonRatch

How heavy is a sack in this case?

I think that they are 50kg sacks. I don't know for sure.

50 kilos? I doubt the average Thai (or non-Thai slave?) labourer weighs that much!

No, but their like ants, can carry many times their own weight ;)

Wow, 91,000 sacks missing! To move that out, if it ever was moved in, would take over 300 10-wheel trucks. I think they would do well to interrogate the gate-man and yard workers.....squeeze em a little if they must.....to get information before starting on the management....who probably need to be detained indefinitely.

by coincidence I saw one warehouse completely abandoned, completely empty. No gate keepers, all doors open and one truck. It looked more like a fast escape leaving everything behind. The huge building itself looked function-able and in top condition.

How heavy is a sack in this case?

I think that they are 50kg sacks. I don't know for sure.

50 kilos? I doubt the average Thai (or non-Thai slave?) labourer weighs that much!

Most sacks weight 50kg after, or even before, processing. Storage bags generally weigh 80Kg or 100Kg, pending if the mill has lifting machinery. Bags are sold from rice farmers, usually the smaller family types, at 50Kg, and usually for 500/600 Baht, before processing. Derek Hatton's honour! ;)

Pay tax? Why? If you pay tax, that's your choice. I only pay V.A.T when its stolen from me, business tax never.

You are such a sad loser.

I drive on the highways. I benefit from the street lighting. My garbage is collected twice weekly. I feel obliged to pay my share - but not for Shin clan politicians to steal. It strikes me that your contribution to Thailand must be minimal to negative. I assume you are not considering applying for permanent residence, because you certainly will not qualify. On the other hand, if things really do tighten up, you might qualify for no more repeat visas - what goes around comes around. Sometimes... If the fates are good.

That's the attitude of young folk these days.

Everything is about what they can get out of something.

It's ME ME ME ME.

Hawk will get his own, in due course, young know it all, know nothing at all, young smarties always end up falling flat on their faces.

Sad little world we live I. these days, this new generation, well they're just setting the place on fore with all their alleged knowledge.

• Like 2

You are such a sad loser.

I drive on the highways. I benefit from the street lighting. My garbage is collected twice weekly. I feel obliged to pay my share - but not for Shin clan politicians to steal. It strikes me that your contribution to Thailand must be minimal to negative. I assume you are not considering applying for permanent residence, because you certainly will not qualify. On the other hand, if things really do tighten up, you might qualify for no more repeat visas - what goes around comes around. Sometimes... If the fates are good.

The first six words of your post are deadly, DEADLY accurate. Never a truer word spoke. on TVF.

• Like 1

The rice scheme was a Taksin/red faction project, so the army are purposely digging to make Taksin and crew to be the number one enemies of the state. Blacken their names, have the courts ban them from future elections, and bingo, you guys have a one party yellow government, forever! Enjoy.

So digging to uncover the rampant corruption everyone knew existed but was afraid to say us now suddenly wrong!

Or is it that the focus is on the most recent and important events rather than things that happened years ago?

I don't care much for any politicians though there must be a few honest ones somewhere, so it isn't a matter of red or yellow.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

So what. The money/rice, all gone. Will a million investigations bring it all back? Of course not.

Personally I don't give a stuff, what's the point anyway, farang?

Ah, yes...nothing to be done about it.

So lets just drop the matter and carry on.

The rice, if it was ever there to begin with, cannot be brought back.

The money sure can, and then some. Remains to be seen if this shall happen.

Not directly effecting most of us foreigners, not even directly effecting most Thais.

Indirectly, as people living here with families, yes - to the extent it further messes up the economy

and further promotes corrupted practices.

It certainly ain't your problem is it, and most Thais know well enough not to poke a scorpion.

As for promoting corruption, Thailand has long been a shining example of corruption in practice.

How is further messing of the country where me and my family lives in isn't my problem?

Thailand is indeed a hub of corruption, is your stance then that there's nothing to be done about it,

and overall better to let it get worse?

Let's be fair. Hawk has an amazing posting work rate for someone who isn't interested. It certainly looks as if he (or she) isn't interested based on his lack of reasoned thinking.

He has made one good point though, that there is corruption on all sides. Not sure how doing nothing is going to help though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Why is there such a spat going on about who does and who doesn't pay tax? It's like who is the better person, who cares guys, If you make a living in Thailand, then pay the income tax, if you have a business, pay the business tax, if you own a car, pay the road tax, but seriously, if you are not full time in Thailand, you know as in working overseas, why would you pay any other tax?

I work overseas more than 6 months of the year, but I spend all that I earn in Thailand, do I feel like I need to pay tax? errrr nope, not really, I think contributing to the Thai economy is enough... doers this make me a bad person?

Do I drive on the roads ..yes I do, but the road in Thailand remind me of the roads in Scotland, they're not perfect, and full of potholes, depending on where you are, I'm another person who lives in Issan, and the roads aroun our Ban are horrendous.

Street lighting? hmmm it's crap in my village and most people are in bed by 2100 anyway, so it offers not much benefit, again, different if you live in the city.

It's fine giving out about how you feel you like to contribute towards a tax, but there's other ways people contribute to Thailand without trying to make it sound like you're morally superior because you feel you want to pay tax..

It's all very off topic anyway, the topic is about the disappearing act and deception involved with 90,000 bags of rice having gone walkies...

Actually a large proportion of the population do not pay any taxes.

VAT on your phone-bill, excise-duty on the occasional beer, tax on petrol for your motorbike ? wink.png

By the sounds of it Hawk doesn't contribute much to society, he sounds like a self entitled, dimwit.

The rice scheme was a Taksin/red faction project, so the army are purposely digging to make Taksin and crew to be the number one enemies of the state. Blacken their names, have the courts ban them from future elections, and bingo, you guys have a one party yellow government, forever! Enjoy.
Blah, blah blah, is the rice missing or not? I suppose the army, or anyone else should refrain from investigating just to keep you happy. The Shins are not exempt from scrutiny, and they shouldn't be.
So what. The money/rice, all gone. Will a million investigations bring it all back? Of course not.

Personally I don't give a stuff, what's the point anyway, farang?

Ah, yes...nothing to be done about it.

So lets just drop the matter and carry on.

The rice, if it was ever there to begin with, cannot be brought back.

The money sure can, and then some. Remains to be seen if this shall happen.

Not directly effecting most of us foreigners, not even directly effecting most Thais.

Indirectly, as people living here with families, yes - to the extent it further messes up the economy

and further promotes corrupted practices.

It certainly ain't your problem is it, and most Thais know well enough not to poke a scorpion.

As for promoting corruption, Thailand has long been a shining example of corruption in practice.

Thank you for your insightful posts.