Koh Lan Island Daytrip - Parking on Mainland and Ferries / Speedboats

Chao Lao Beach

Been roped into going to Koh Lan with a group of Thais, it isi their day off from a factory, they are good value though, but I really don't want to be caught up in ferry issues etc.

Any tips what to do or where to go on the island would be great thanks. I presume they will want to play on the beach, ride banana boats and eat and drink them selves silly.

How much are the ferries, are there different ferries that go to different parts of the island and or leave different parts of the mainland ? (yes I am clue less here :)

Is the spot I marked on the map where I should be aiming at to put into the car GPS ?

Is their plenty of parking there ? And any more secure than others for a fee ?

Thanks heaps in advance for some advice. drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gifpartytime2.gif

How many people?

That may dictate whether you should consider a speedboat or taking the ferry. One advantage to a speedboat is that they can take you directly to the west side of the island to Samae Beach, which would easily meet all the needs you detail. If by ferry, then you get off on the east side of Koh Larn, and take baht a baht bus over the hill to Samae.

No idea on parking on the Ptttaya side - I have only gone to the Bali Hai pier by taxi.

It's pretty quiet here now, so getting a parking space and onto a ferry should be no problem. Like mentioned above, if a large group, a private speed boat might be the best option. I've been a few times. First time was to the port on the east side, then took a baht bus across the island to the beach beach on the west side.

Next time, we took the ferry directly to the big beach on the west side. Much better. Plenty of parking at Bali Hai. Even if you have to park on the overpass, it's a short walk.

We did a private boat to another beach one time, but it was packed with private boats that were all zipping around. Really dangerous. Can't remember the name, but it was not the big beach on the west side.

Bali Hai has a new covered (Pay) car park, well signed.

All pretty well organised & painless

Are you talking about the automatic car park that is not yet opened even if it already cost 700 millions ?

I agree. Should have opened over a year ago, but I have not seen it open yet.