No KitKat for Samsung Smartpones in Thailand?

alocacoc

Samsung started to rolling out Android 4.4 for some devices. But not in Thailand. The Samsung Service Center in Pattaya told me, Samsung Thailand will not rolling out KitKat.

May be somebody can confirm the statement?

I own a S4 Mini. Bought in Thailand.

You can look through the below list to see if your phone is listed and the date the updates are available. If not OTA then KIES download should be available.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/

Can someone explain why the exact same model number of Samsung would only have KitKat in many countries, and many other countries not? If its the exact same model, why not allow access for all countries? Curious as my model still stuck in Jellybean when elsewhere it is Kitkat?

You can look through the below list to see if your phone is listed and the date the updates are available. If not OTA then KIES download should be available.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/

Can someone explain why the exact same model number of Samsung would only have KitKat in many countries, and many other countries not? If its the exact same model, why not allow access for all countries? Curious as my model still stuck in Jellybean when elsewhere it is Kitkat?

I'm just guessing but perhaps they have to be regionalized or perhaps contract agreements. Never fully understood it myself. Believe contract services such as Verizon, etc. due to mass distribution of devices probably get first crack.

• 1 month later...