Got this 30 min ago! Tire screwed up!

ll2

Got the biggest metal particle any bike tire can take i guess! Never got anything this big in my tire before in my life!

Got it unfortunately on an overpass which i was doing like 140 kmh and not sure how it happened as did not see anything on the road!

God bless these are tubeless tires so it took 5 seconds for the tire to go out of air so i could brake smoothly otherwise accident with injury.

Be careful in bangkok guys especially around construction areas!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-14040961169288_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14040961345374_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1404096153228_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14040961635721_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14040962173031_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

Looks like that piece has been "wandering" around for a while. I pick up screws/nails etc. all the time while I am walking. You were simply unlucky.

Edited by VocalNeal

I thought i was the most unlucky guy about tires. After 70km on my new Monster i catched a nail, after 50km new tires fitted on the r6 i catched a nail. Yes its annoying and dangerous (soenst matter which speed) but thats the burden as a biker here and sadly can't really do something against it.

• Like 1

well done for keeping her the right way up.

blow out at this speed are no fun, even for the experienced rider.

is a new tyre called for , or will you get it patched up ?

Cannot fix the tire anymore. It is torn apart beyond any fix.

So need a new rear tire. Maybe get the same stock one for now or time has come for pirelli rosso corsa, supercorsa or rosso2. Waiting for bigwing to call me regarding price of stock dunlops.

Hope that 10 cm metal particle did not damage the rim. Tire guys spent a lot of power to pull it out from tire, it was so deep inside.

Also will try bigwing road side assitance by 'Mondial' soon. Now at the office for a meeting and left the bike at a car tire shop.

Anyone knows if tires or rims are covered with insurance at such instances?

Oh well. What a nice Monday!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

Looks like that piece has been "wandering" around for a while. I pick up screws/nails etc. all the time while I am walking. You were simply unlucky.

I suggest to throw it back on the street, it belongs there wink.png

Cleaning the streets isn't one of the strength of BKK administration. I am always suprised about all the things laying around. But at 140kmh i wouldnt be able to see such thing. One reason more to stay at reasonable speed and do ATGATT. Or test your karma, like NomadJoe said.

• Like 1

Years ago had a half in. lag screw in my car tire, kept hearing a clicking sound when driving and finally checked it, went to the tire shop and unscrew it and they repaired it. Ride safe there are somethings that cannot always be avoided.

Cleaning the streets isn't one of the strength of BKK administration.

Must be where you live? There are sweeper trucks driving on Sukhumvit and Rama IV regularly. I hear someone sweeping in my Soi every night.

Johnston wins its largest order in the company’s history to date, to supply over 100 truck sweepers to Bangkok in Thailand.
Edited by VocalNeal