The Soprano House

SeanC07

Hi guys

I've got a few questions for anyone who has been to The Soprano House in Bangkok,

basically I would like to know what is the general consensus of the place?

what do the guy's who go there have in mind, do they go for a few drinks and to

watch the bands or is it more sinister than that?

Are the girls who work there like high class call girls or is it strictley above board? I don't want to tarnish my friend with the same stick but as she refuses to tell me so I would to hear from other people who have been to the place.

Cheers guys

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is Soprano on Soi 26 it is a so called upmarket cost place. The girls dance in cagers high up in the air.

The cost of drinks are 1000 baht for 2 drinks which is built into the entrance fee. The girls are just normal girls that make out they are Hi so. Yet they can be seen eating from the food vender outside the main carparking of the Sopranos, just before they go inside to change there clothes and get ready for there nightly adventures.

To talk to a girl for 20 mins costs you 250 baht for her drink.

It mainly target Thai or Japan men with more money than sense.

Big inside but very loud music playing. Hard to talk to any one because of this. But they have a private corner for (maybe for talking :o )

I only popped inside for 5 mins with my lady so did not pay the entrance fee, looked at the drink pricers and said NOOOOOOOOO WAY. The time was around 10 pm and not many in there at that time. It is open till 1-30 am. Oh by the way I live on soi 26 that is why we popped in because we can hear the low noise from our appartment at night :D .

• 2 weeks later...
If it is Soprano on Soi 26 it is a so called upmarket cost place. The girls dance in cagers high up in the air.

The cost of drinks are 1000 baht for 2 drinks which is built into the entrance fee. The girls are just normal girls that make out they are Hi so. Yet they can be seen eating from the food vender outside the main carparking of the Sopranos, just before they go inside to change there clothes and get ready for there nightly adventures.

To talk to a girl for 20 mins costs you 250 baht for her drink.

It mainly target Thai or Japan men with more money than sense.

Big inside but very loud music playing. Hard to talk to any one because of this. But they have a private corner for (maybe for talking :o )

I only popped inside for 5 mins with my lady so did not pay the entrance fee, looked at the drink pricers and said NOOOOOOOOO WAY. The time was around 10 pm and not many in there at that time. It is open till 1-30 am. Oh by the way I live on soi 26 that is why we popped in because we can hear the low noise from our appartment at night :D .

Just came back from there a few hours ago...those nrmal girls are great :D , don't know what they eat, but I love those shapes...the music can't be heard from the street (I was still wondering if that was the right spot while entering through the car park) and inside the music was not so loud, I could speak with my friends without a problem, don't know about the price for the ladies as I just went out to have a few drinks with my friends and yes, you are right about this...4 Jack&Cokes and a drink for one of the bartenders drove us to 2400BHT, but I think I can live with that...will definitely come back and see what's happening in those corners :D

Does anyone have any pics of the girls in the club? not just the dancers, the PR girls and Sales also, I would love to see more as the website isn't very good.

Are all the girls in a uniform, how friendly do they get???

• 1 month later...
Hi guys

I've got a few questions for anyone who has been to The Soprano House in Bangkok,

basically I would like to know what is the general consensus of the place?

what do the guy's who go there have in mind, do they go for a few drinks and to

watch the bands or is it more sinister than that?

Are the girls who work there like high class call girls or is it strictley above board? I don't want to tarnish my friend with the same stick but as she refuses to tell me so I would to hear from other people who have been to the place.

Cheers guys

I am a member of several of these types of clubs, as a result of having to take clients there (from HK, Japan, farang and also Thai).

It is definitely expensive, but it is the hiso Thai equivalent of going to Nana Plaza, patpong etc.

While the girls may claim to be not available, in fact many are, if not almost all. It isn't really my sort of thing to take women from these sorts of places out, but the majority of girls who are 'hostesses' are directly bar fineable. The dancers, PRs, guest relations are not directly bar fineable, but most of my friends and some of my clients have bedded them, usually some sort of gift or buildnig a personal relationship with one results in an eventual encounter. Note that not all girls are available in this way; perhaps around 80% I would say, maybe higher? ALmost 100% of the hostesses are available for either taking off the premises or some major pawing in the karaoke rooms.

This would be akin to a waitress at a strip club, while not directly available, the environment ensures that were they available, they will get offered a decent price.

Drug use at these sorts of places is absolutely rampant; and often quite openly done.

The dancers tend to be the best looking and from BKK; the upcountry girls are either hostesses or service staff. The so called 'students' are almost always being paid by some rich guy to study, but invariably are not attending any classes and repeating year 1 or 2 multiple times. As they get older, the staff end up having to work as PRs or guest relations/sales - selling memberships, that sort of thing. The Sales girl I have had before at Soprano was actually off limits according to her, but she implied this was because she now had a boyfriend, so was probably a point in time thing.

I'd say most of the guys I go with are there to oggle some flesh, drink and spend my client's money with (for the foreigners mostly) a fair bit of squidlike hands all over the body type groping. But it is not even close to the sleaziness of NEP or Patpong; again I have to take clients to those places as well sometimes, and it really really sucks on the sleazy scale; not my thing at all. I guess that's why my bosses pay me to take the people there.

Some of the Thai and some of the white guys I know go there specifically to find what they consider to be good meea noi material, and the guys with that objective seem to have little problem finding a target. Not all the girls are available, but I'd say most are, at a price, in some cases a very hefty price.

I know of at least a few that have european cars courtesy of some rich guy (and not always a Thai one). Ample numbers have nice watches and a ton have nice phones.

As to whether Thai people consider this sort of place sleazy...well there is almost nil chance that any of my better off (i.e. middle class and above) Thai friends would consider any of the women working here as anything other than gik/meea noi material.

That said, the girls can earn a lot (I can think of at least 2-3 I've met that earn more than I do) in tips, drinks commission and gifts; I've not met too many that knew a thing about saving anything though. by the time most figure that out, they are already too old to be making serious money anyway.

There would not be any women that did not get pawed at least somewhat at Soprano if they are remotely good looking at these sorts of premises; in that regard it is similar to Nana Plaza or the western areas. However Thai pawing tends to be a bit more discrete, and this is an upmarket expensive place, so the pawing tends to be carefully done. Not so much to respect the women as to ensure that the man (particularly Thai) is behaving somewhat responsibly as there is every chance the people around know who he is or are workmates.

Lots more goes on behind closed doors no doubt. Those days, for me anyway, are over.

Edited by steveromagnino

These are also membership clubs. Here, Exocita on Tonglor and others have membership programs. Figure around 30,000 baht membership buys you 45,000 in value. Sort of like a pre-paid tab. There are different plans; any drinks, X bottles, no cover for private Karaoke rooms X number of times, etc. It’s a negotiation you need to do with the salesgirl who handles memberships to get your best deal with your party habits. This isn’t Nana and you can’t assume anything. Maybe yes, maybe no. Very much an individual choice what they do on their own time. I think it can be fun with a gang of people, even mixed sexes and interests. Not so overt, good music, polite girls and yes expensive. Good for business entertainment when you want to have a little fun but stay in bounds.

Like he says not all were available!!

only between 80 and 100%. :o

Like I just said on another thread, anyone reading this I challenge them to prove me wrong!! give me concrete evidence that my gf has been leading me a merry dance and I will eat my words and anything else!!!

Like I just said on another thread, anyone reading this I challenge them to prove me wrong!! give me concrete evidence that my gf has been leading me a merry dance and I will eat my words and anything else!!!

Actually, one of my Thai friends, a car saleman, his girlfriend worked at a club similar to Soprano called er, Piano I think it was; can't remember the exact one.

She certainly wasn't doing anything.

However, the lifestyle involves sucking up to clients, being nice to nasty people and so on. Eventually I can't remember if they broke up or what, but I know that his lack of respect for her job was a major problem.

And he was a car salesman!!

I know I wouldn't want my gfriend working in a brothel or strip club, even though there are women in both who don't get up to mischief. In other words, don't assume your friend is either; however the odds are she has been associating with some fairly low moral people.

Bon Appetit!

Bon Appetit!

Still waiting for proof? anyone can say anything!!! pictures, descriptions etc etc!!!

you have been told that she is working in an upmarket knocking shop.

what more proof do you need ?

1st she doesn't work there anymore and 2nd the guy said about 80% can be bought!!! so what happens with the other 20%????

The 20% are pig ugly; they clean the toilets etc, so they do not get barfined.

If your girl qualifies for the 20% bracket, you have nothing to worry about... :o

Sean if she plans on going back to work there after 6mo I'm sure one of us can go there and check things out for you. Quite simple mate. :o I did a similar favour for a member on the board before and happy to report the lady in question wasn't on the go. :D

-Private Detective Britmaveric at your service!! :D

Edited by britmaveric

what more proof do you need ?

1st she doesn't work there anymore and 2nd the guy said about 80% can be bought!!! so what happens with the other 20%????

The 20% are pig ugly; they clean the toilets etc, so they do not get barfined.

If your girl qualifies for the 20% bracket, you have nothing to worry about... :o

hahaha this is getting so stupid its funny now!!! I would love to see your gf!! I bet she isn't an oil painting, thats if you have even got a partner!!!

Sean if she plans on going back to work there after 6mo I'm sure one of us can go there and check things out for you. Quite simple mate. :o I did a similar favour for a member on the board before and happy to report the lady in question wasn't on the go. :D

-Private Detective Britmaveric at your service!! :D

Thanks for the offer mate, that trick has already been done, a very good friend of mine, he is minted and is a handsome bugger!! came away looking embarrassed!!

When she goes back she wont be returning to that scene I can promise you!!

so what happens with the other 20%????

maybe they give it away for free

who knows or who even cares ,

if your girl friend has been working in a place like that then you are obviously aware of how she may have been earning money before and what you may be letting yourself in for if you continue the relationship.

obviously no girl would admit to being a prostitute to somebody she meets outside work and whom she may see as either a genuine suitable partner or as a dumb numpty with a few bob and as a provider of a eu passport.

only you can decide.

good luck.

Edited by taxexile

so what happens with the other 20%????

maybe they give it away for free

who knows or who even cares ,

if your girl friend has been working in a place like that then you are obviously aware of how she may have been earning money before and what you may be letting yourself in for if you continue the relationship.

obviously no girl would admit to being a prostitute to somebody she meets outside work and whom she may see as either a genuine suitable partner or as a dumb numpty with a few bob and as a provider of a eu passport.

only you can decide.

good luck.

spot on!

and obviously he trusts her! hence these 2 threads

only you can decide.

good luck.

At the end of the day it's down to me what I do and I intend to have a long and loving relationship with my gf so no other random can try to persuade me otherwise!!

it would be better if she told you that she had been working as a prostitute , then you could be sure she wasnt being economical with the truth and there would be no loss of trust.

but only you can decide if her demands for , what was it ? , 40,000b a month , are reasonable or not , considering that she probably has a tenant and is collecting rent on it anyway.

only you can decide

good luck !

remember , only you can make that final decision , based on all you know.

as you lie in bed with her at night , in breathless post coital bliss , only you can decide if her erotic skills are the natural manifestations of genuine love or just acting abilities honed to perfection by hours and hours of paid time on her back underneath and perhaps on top of sweating japs and boozed up british bankers.

only you can decide

good luck

it would be better if she told you that she had been working as a prostitute , then you could be sure she wasnt being economical with the truth and there would be no loss of trust.

but only you can decide if her demands for , what was it ? , 40,000b a month , are reasonable or not , considering that she probably has a tenant and is collecting rent on it anyway.

only you can decide

good luck !

hahaha this is getting ridiculous!! I thought I was chatting to sensible people!!! by some of the replies I most definitely am not!!!

only you can decide.

good luck.

At the end of the day it's down to me what I do and I intend to have a long and loving relationship with my gf so no other random can try to persuade me otherwise!!

Did you know that gf stands for Gay Freind, since you don't know what LOL and troll means. Just helping you out.