Thai Customs for passengers travelling in and out of Thailand.

neverdie

Many people I know travel in and out of Thailand with items adding up to not insignificant amounts...

Apple Laptop,

iPads, iPhones, Samsung's

Watches, Rolex, Panerai

Decent Sun Glasses,

Tumi Luggage

Labelled / designer clothing

What they travel with amounts to values in excess of 500k baht...

It would be insane if Customs were to take an interest in these personal items.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow! ND - was it in a Heracles or maybe a Clipper - if you can remember?

I'd have to learn new thai numbers, just to be able to say your age vintage vampire.gif

Ohhh, I remember well and I remember the horse and carriage ride through down town Bangkok towards the hotel. Ahh the good old days.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Eight days from London to Singapore, stops in Paris, Brindisi, Athens, Alexandria, Cairo, Gaza, Baghdad, Basra, Kuwait, Bahrain, Sharjah, Gwadar, Karachi, Jodhpur, Delhi, Cawnpore, Allabad, Calcutta, Akgats, Rangoon, Bangkok and Alor Setar.

and you were questioning my memory tongue.png

Trouble is when I tried that the horse and carriage kept falling into the klong s and had to swim. Had to get a boatman to help me.

No these prices are VERY realistic.

I talk about brand name stuff not fake Chinese junk.

In that case you're not talking about the typical tourist, as your initial post had suggested.

I'd like to see the $250 pair of shoes that you use to go tramping around Ayutthaya.

whistling.gif

Did you heard about custom made shoes, not for the ballroom, but for any orthopedic reason they costs much more 1000€ + whistling.gif or good trecking shoes pass easy $ 250.

neverdie, on 01 Jul 2014 - 14:32, said:neverdie, on 01 Jul 2014 - 14:32, said:

Thanks for posting on topic.

I smile at customs with my solid gold tooth or teethes (how do English write more than one tooth w. t . f.

Please NeverDie just loose the es, at then end of teethes

It is = Teeth biggrin.png

As one of Liverpool good player's sank his teethes into "This Year's Golden Tooth or Teeth, World Cup 2014 Award" .

And I am not a native (English) speaker by the way. but Kan spell a little w00t.gif

Win wai.gif

English is such a daft language, very confusing, bits of this and that and depending on what part of farang land you are from you sound different and use different ways of saying the same word.

Have you ever heard the English say, "Happy". I heard an Englishman the other day, he said, "Are you appy". I said, "Appy?". He said, "Yes, opposite to sad". I was confused and quickly ran away from him. 55555

You had luck that this was not an American, in the worst case from Texas.

I am new to this site and not aware of all the restrictions! I hope this is Ok!

Craig3365,

I am a US FAA pilot in Pattaya and would like to meet you! Where is your landing strip.

MustangP51

Here you are I think I found your plane.

http://www.fk-lightplanes.com/aircraft.php?af=4&ln=4&pg=27

• Like 1

Came through today, everything seemed normal....Just in case I had receipts for everything I bought and as much as I could for electronics I took with me from here (took with me in case needed them with U.S. customs)... But it was nothing like the article made it seem (and after a 32 hour journey back, including layovers it would have probably made me cry). Immigration was great, and courteous as usual,... Customs didn't seem to even notice me,... but guess it is lesson to prepare just in case...

What the heck is all the angst about? On day one that this topic was started, it was made quite clear that there had been a change of chiefs in Customs.

The old rules were NOT being brought back into effect, and things were as they have been in recent times.

The old signs were to be taken down that same day.

If you REALLY want hassles, go to Australia. I had to wait about 45 minutes while Customs examined every electronic item I had, including my Kindle e-book. The found nothing, so they started asking me about my medications prescribed by my Thai doctor. Took them away and checked everything.

I needed to use a toilet in a hurry, and asked the female in charge where the toilet was. She said the BATHROOM is over there. I snapped back that I wanted b...y pee, not a bath! w00t.gif

• Like 1

Has anyone here had any expereinces bringing new jewelry into Thailand? I'm bringing an engagement ring for my Canadian girlfriend living in Bangkok. I have all the documentation and receipts for it.

I don't want to pack it in my checked luggage and it doesn't seem worth the risk trying to get away without declaring it. The value definitely exceeds 10,000 baht, but not the 80,000 limit.

I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much duty I'll have to pay on this. I've read it's up to 30% which would be a huge fee! But others say only 7%...

Any insight you can provide is much appreciated. Thanks!