Body found in Jerusalem after Palestinian youth forced into vehicle

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't confuse the RELIGION of Judaism with PEOPLE who are Jews.

Do tell the difference

Jews are a PEOPLE (various ethnicities; not a race) and Judaism is a religion. A person can be a Jew and practice Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, or NOTHING.

Edited by Jingthing

You ask so what

well I for one find it significant that Iran has a history of treating its Jewish minority fairly well.

The Jewish community in Iran is believed to number around 25,000, after two major waves of emigration following Israel's founding in 1948 and the Islamic Revolution in 1979, which is not an insignificant number.

I'm glad you find it significant. rolleyes.gif

Do tell the difference

Jews are a PEOPLE (various ethnicities; not a race) and Judaism is a religion. A person can be a Jew and practice Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, or NOTHING.

Thats is your understanding?

Because here is another view

Judaism has been described as a religion, a race, a culture, and a nation

• All of these descriptions have some validity

• The Jewish people are best described as an extended family

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

You ask so what

well I for one find it significant that Iran has a history of treating its Jewish minority fairly well.

The Jewish community in Iran is believed to number around 25,000, after two major waves of emigration following Israel's founding in 1948 and the Islamic Revolution in 1979, which is not an insignificant number.

It was 100,00 before the Iranian revolution. Now, I believe it is under 10,000 - at least that was what I read when I Googled it earlier.

You ask so what

It's significant to me because here you have two archenemies living harmoniously side-by-side or am I missing something?unsure.png

You ask so what

It's significant to me because here you have two archenemies living harmoniously side-by-side or am I missing something?unsure.png

A bit - Israel had very good relationship with Iran prior to the Islamic revolution.

It is not the case that the two counties were always enemies.

Not sure how you define "living harmoniously" - quite a few restrictions of Jews in Iran (albeit better than some

other religious minorities). Last time I heard there were also certain restriction regarding living the country etc.

But anyway - doesn't have much to do with the OP....

• Like 1

Oh boy...here we go again...tensions are extreme on a good day...start indiscriminately killing the youth...this could become an all out war against Palestinians...does not bode well for the prospects for peace in that region with Israel...

Oh boy...here we go again...tensions are extreme on a good day...start indiscriminately killing the youth...this could become an all out war against Palestinians...does not bode well for the prospects for peace in that region with Israel...

But its ok to kill the jews right?

• Like 1

Do tell the difference

Thats is your understanding?

Because here is another view

Judaism has been described as a religion, a race, a culture, and a nation

• All of these descriptions have some validity

• The Jewish people are best described as an extended family

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

The family from hell, thank god I do not have to live next door to them.

• Like 2

An eye for an Eye...

How terrible, seems they will not be satisfied until the kill another two young adults.

Why don't they kill the old guys?

We are the ones who allowed this mess to become what it is.

Leave the young alone.

Israel is no better than those they seek to punish. It is one thing to to criticize another for doing harm and it is quite another to actively seek retribution. And let's not forget occupying a foreign land and building prison type walls to circle its inhabitants.

Netanyahu is completely out of his mind. He is a power hungry warmonger. He goes out of his way to avoid peace. His heart is very, very black. The way Israel treats the Palestinians is an abomination. No wonder they hate the Israelis as much as they do. I do not see much difference between the historic days of South African Apartheid, and the current Netanyahu policies. He is basically the Apartheid PM. Shame on him. Shame on the Knesset. Good on Obama for busting his balls.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great piece of political analysis, if only you actually had a clue or ever been to Israel

• Like 1

The family from hell, thank god I do not have to live next door to them.

So many people don't like Jews for obviously irrational reasons (probably got that disease of intolerance from their family or culture). Some of them showing their colors here, well, at least they're being honest. But think of the bright side, Israel exists and will continue to exist ... so there is about half of the Jews on the planet on one small piece of land which you don't have to visit!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Mahatma Ghandi said that with the "an eye for an eye" mentality the whole world will turn blind ...

Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.

Golda Meir

A founder of Israel and 4th Prime Minister

"The struggle to put an end to the Wandering Jew should not have, as its result, the creation of the Wandering Arab."

Edmund Rothschild, 1934

As ever, the much demonized (in some sad quarters) Rothschild family smack nail on head...unfortunate that such sensible warnings have been ignored for so long.

• Like 1

How absurd. Wandering Arab.facepalm.gif Look at a MAP of the Middle East. Arabs control a MASSIVE amount of land. Jews ... a TINY BIT. Jews have ONE weakly theocratic/mostly democratic state. Islam has a majority and/or Islamic states in ... how many, something like over FIFTY Islamic nations?

Edited by Jingthing

An eye for an Eye...

How terrible, seems they will not be satisfied until the kill another two young adults.

Leave the young alone.

Define we?

We could not care less? because if we did, we would not be retiring to Thailand whistling.gif

Yeah, I can see how my statement could be confusing. By "we", I mean the "old", I mean all the people who have already lived a good portion of their lives and shaped the policies of their governments. "We" are not the "innocents" like these boys were. They were simply born recently into the world that "We" have created in our lives.

Regards

Well here is the main difference.

When the jewish boys were kidnapped, i did not hear or read Arabs ordering to find those responsible, nor did i see Jewish people running around rioting

Now that an Arab teenager was killed, mind you the reason and cause has not been established yet, Israel has already opened an investigation to find those responsible and Arabs are rioting

When Jewish teenagers were killed, Hamas was having party to celebrate it.

When Israel responds to an attack with overwhelming force, it gets condemned for using excessive force and unverifiable civilian deaths, but when Arabs kill teenagers, the same people worry about the consequences for Arabs, instead of condemning the killing of 3 Jewish kids

• Like 1

I'm not going to act like the IDF isn't hard core. They ARE hard core. If they weren't Israel would have been wiped out decades ago. They NEED to be hard core. Look at the neighborhood they're in. It's easy to be idealistic when you aren't dealing with it directly. Of course Palestinians have many legitimate grievances. All rational people want peace but it doesn't happen by magic. I also realize many people don't want Israel to exist ... it must be frustrating for y'all.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Leave the young alone.

Define we?

We could not care less? because if we did, we would not be retiring to Thailand whistling.gif

Yeah, I can see how my statement could be confusing. By "we", I mean the "old", I mean all the people who have already lived a good portion of their lives and shaped the policies of their governments. "We" are not the "innocents" like these boys were. They were simply born recently into the world that "We" have created in our lives.

Regards

Well here is the main difference.

When the jewish boys were kidnapped, i did not hear or read Arabs ordering to find those responsible, nor did i see Jewish people running around rioting

Now that an Arab teenager was killed, mind you the reason and cause has not been established yet, Israel has already opened an investigation to find those responsible and Arabs are rioting

When Israel responds to an attack with overwhelming force, it gets condemned for using excessive force and unverifiable civilian deaths, but when Arabs kill teenagers, the same people worry about the consequences for Arabs, instead of condemning the killing of 3 Jewish kids

All four "killed" were still boys.

I stated it pains me to see "innocents" killed.

I don't see how your above post is a response to that.

Edited by ClutchClark

I'm not going to act like the IDF isn't hard core. They ARE hard core. If they weren't Israel would have been wiped out decades ago. They NEED to be hard core. Look at the neighborhood they're in. It's easy to be idealistic when you aren't dealing with it directly. Of course Palestinians have many legitimate grievances. All rational people want peace but it doesn't happen by magic. I also realize many people don't want Israel to exist ... it must be frustrating for y'all.

Yes IDF are hardcore, but IDF is nothing in comparison to Hamas militants or ISIS fighters who have no regard for human life,at all

IDF arrests people, while ISIS and Hamas either shoots them in the head or cuts out their hearts

• Like 2

All four "killed" were still boys.

I stated it pains me to see "innocents" killed.

I don't see how your above post is a response to that.

I realize you do not see. Because it only pains you, while at the same time you give out likes for racist, anti Semitic, full of hate posts

You, sir, need to take a breather...spend 300 Baht on a massage.

You'll be glad you did ;-)

How absurd. Wandering Arab.facepalm.gif Look at a MAP of the Middle East. Arabs control a MASSIVE amount of land. Jews ... a TINY BIT. Jews have ONE weakly theocratic/mostly democratic state. Islam has a majority and/or Islamic states in ... how many, something like over FIFTY Islamic nations?

The "wandering Arab" could have 'wandered" right over to Jordan - the real Arab Palestine - which was given much of the land originally meant for a Jewish homeland.

“Palestine and Jordan are one…” said King Abdullah in 1948.

“The truth is that Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan,” said King Hussein of Jordan, in 1981.

“Palestine is Jordan and Jordan is Palestine; there is only one land, with one history and one and the same fate,” Prince Hassan of the Jordanian National Assembly was quoted as saying on February 2, 1970.

Abdul Hamid Sharif, Prime Minister of Jordan declared, in 1980, “The Palestinians and Jordanians do not belong to different nationalities. They hold the same Jordanian passports, are Arabs and have the same Jordanian culture.”

Some posts removed to enable a response.

I believe the highlighted wording is correct, but at the same time constraints on Palestinian efforts are in-place

"At U.S. urging, Abbas was working closely with Israel to coordinate the search for the teens. A PA spokesman stated that holding Palestinian authorities responsible for kidnappings in Area C of the West Bank, where Israel exercises full military control and prohibits a Palestinian police presence places them in an impossible position"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_of_Israeli_teens#.C2.A0Palestinian_National_Authority

Some posts removed to enable a response.

I believe the highlighted wording is correct, but at the same time constraints on Palestinian efforts are in-place

"At U.S. urging, Abbas was working closely with Israel to coordinate the search for the teens. A PA spokesman stated that holding Palestinian authorities responsible for kidnappings in Area C of the West Bank, where Israel exercises full military control and prohibits a Palestinian police presence places them in an impossible position"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_of_Israeli_teens#.C2.A0Palestinian_National_Authority

Lucky Arabs always have an excuserolleyes.gif

Did PA authority go on their TV? Did Palestinian Press call for help?

Did PA police offer to help?

Who is the author of this master piece on wiki? PA public relations team? Not even a week since the deaths and there is a long well written articlewhistling.gif

• Like 1

The "wandering Arab" could have 'wandered" right over to Jordan - the real Arab Palestine - which was given much of the land originally meant for a Jewish homeland.

“Palestine and Jordan are one…” said King Abdullah in 1948.

“The truth is that Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan,” said King Hussein of Jordan, in 1981.

“Palestine is Jordan and Jordan is Palestine; there is only one land, with one history and one and the same fate,” Prince Hassan of the Jordanian National Assembly was quoted as saying on February 2, 1970.

Abdul Hamid Sharif, Prime Minister of Jordan declared, in 1980, “The Palestinians and Jordanians do not belong to different nationalities. They hold the same Jordanian passports, are Arabs and have the same Jordanian culture.”

Jordanian stability is increasingly coming under threat, that could quickly alter the status quo and co-operation with Western and Israeli interests.

Radical anti-Western change in Jordan coerced by popular opposition—for example, royal abdication or constitutional reforms compelled by street protests—would almost certainly trigger profound change in Jordan's strategic posture that would harm U.S. interests. The monarchy plays a critical role in maintaining Jordan's pro-West, pro-peace orientation; any coerced diminution of royal prerogative would harm Jordanian-American and Jordanian-Israeli relations.

http://www.cfr.org/jordan/political-instability-jordan/p30698

• Like 1