For my money Subway is the best 'fast food' option in Thailand.. Healthy tasty and instant.. sure people may contrast and compare with 'back home' but on the ground when you choose between McD's (wont touch it) KFC (one in a blue moon) or Subway (couple of times per week) I know which one gets my biz.

Funny thing is here in Patong we have 3 all close however the times I have ordered on either of the beach Rd locations I have had poor or surly service (once was shocking.. When she girl tried to over charge me and I politely corrected her she called me farang kee nok to my face) yet the Rat U Thit operation is always a super friendly bunch.. No need to guess which one gets all my business. Wonder how much is the high turnover and less repeat custom at the touristy beach front locations.

If I had any advice it would be.

1) improve delivery services... Twice having ordered a sub they simply couldnt find my house despite explicit instructions, niether time they called back to fix it just left me waiting until I called to find out what was up and the delivery fella also had no phone so couldnt 'solve' the lost problem without returning to the store.. Hot sub delivered stone cold wasnt tasty. However to thier credit both times they really were genuinely apologetic and tried. If delivery worked better I would probably order more as I am both lazy and often hungry :o Also (this really is petty) NEVER in all times I have ordered delivery has anyone ever remembered the stamps, I nearly always have to prompt in store also.

2) Website. Though I hate thier product 1112 pizza has a good e-commerce solution that a lot could be learnt from. Have the full menu online, have a system of checkboxes to customise the salad and sauces selection, allow the creation of a make your own sub (surprisingly the shops dont let you do this, I think becuase they dont know what to charge). Make sure the system promptly confirms via email and timestamps the order and pressurize stores to fulfill delivery within a fixed time frame. I would have thought that 30 mins would be ample time ?? But even if its longer state what it is and make a policy (thats adhered to) about delivery times. I wouldnt even care if delivery had a small charge or premium, just make it work perfectly. Make sure you store custmer preferences (address, tel etc) so that ordering is a few click process as possible.

3) linking items 1 and 2 you could use (in Patong) the services of a cartographic mate of mine (or do your own servey or get a good map somewhere) who has spent a lot of time to produce accurate full street level maps of the area ( http://www.siammaps.com/patong/patong.html ) use this and at checkout make the orderer click house location giving exact co-ords to the deliverer.

4) either increase menu selection slightly or introduce sub of the month or something to keep selections fresh.. I find the menu to be a little limited after a few orders.. More choice would have more orders (from me).. I understand staff training and issues but surely dreaming up a new combination or selection of stuff is not too tough.

I hope that these sound like suggestions and not complaints.. ###### made me hungry now, will now have to go get a half sub for breakfast !!

LivinLOS,

Thank you very much. I passed the comments on to the Development agent in that area. You had some gems in there!

We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are very important for us all to continue improving our service.

Eat Fresh!

Cheers

Greg

http://www.thailandsubway.com

This weekend I'll give it a try in Patong. Which shop should I choose?

Let you know about my opinion.

Gerd

Try all three stores. Do a taste test :D

The ones on beach Rd are owned by the same owner, a nice guy. His Grand Opening for the first store was scheduled for New Years Day 2005. The tsunami happen 5 days before. All the equipment was brand new, never used and washed out to sea.

The owner took care of his staff the whole time and even when the place was finally open and business was slow. He did not lay anyone off.

The one on Rat U Thit was not affected by the tsunami directly and is owned by a Thai lady who is also nice.

Sounds like a good reason to do a comparison test.

Of course when we open in Junceylon, no more comparisons will be needed :o

OK,

I will test the all but not on the same day :o

I think I will start on the beach road like to patronize the owner first who has been a good boss after the Tsunami.

I still remember the 26th 9:25am..............I have been at Patong beach this time and very lucky to be still alive.

I will share my customer's experience with you after my visit.

Gerd

LivinLOS,

Thank you very much. I passed the comments on to the Development agent in that area. You had some gems in there!

We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are very important for us all to continue improving our service.

Eat Fresh!

Cheers

Greg

http://www.thailandsubway.com

If any of the stores wanted to partner up on the website process I would be happy to discuss implementing a full e-commerce system for a profit share..

Win win.. someone takes care of thier web side and makes them sales with no cost risk to themselves.. I leverage thier store advantage..

PM me for contact details if discussions for this are of interest to any of the parties concerned.

Edited by LivinLOS

If any of the stores wanted to partner up on the website process I would be happy to discuss implementing a full e-commerce system for a profit share..

Win win.. someone takes care of thier web side and makes them sales with no cost risk to themselves.. I leverage thier store advantage..

PM me for contact details if discussions for this are of interest to any of the parties concerned.

Nice suggestion.

Rat U Thit location has a website http://www.subwayphuket.com It takes a while to load and I'm on cable broadband. Stupid question, why so slow, would this because of their server?

Feel free to e-mail the franchise owner at [email protected]