Are Thais not interested in children's school progress?

graemeaylward

My son attends a Private Thai school (not International) and I can assure you that he gets pushed - everyday he has homework and a book my wife needs to sign off on she has reviewed it , with regular reports coming back from the teacher on his progress in class.

My wife pushes him to get his darn homework done but like a typical 5 yr old boy, he hates homework! I still hate it and that was decades ago.

Maybe therein lies the problem....a 5 yr old needing to do homework......ridiculous....but i have seen it with my kids as well when they were 4 yrs old....doing homework......crazy....

He's not doing calculus f.f.s.. But practicing his Thai and Eng writing and a little math. You probably like yours to sit on the Xbox till bedtime so it doesn't inconvenience you. Laughable.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My son attends a Private Thai school (not International) and I can assure you that he gets pushed - everyday he has homework and a book my wife needs to sign off on she has reviewed it , with regular reports coming back from the teacher on his progress in class.

My wife pushes him to get his darn homework done but like a typical 5 yr old boy, he hates homework! I still hate it and that was decades ago.

Maybe therein lies the problem....a 5 yr old needing to do homework......ridiculous....but i have seen it with my kids as well when they were 4 yrs old....doing homework......crazy....
He's not doing calculus f.f.s.. But practicing his Thai and Eng writing and a little math. You probably like yours to sit on the Xbox till bedtime so it doesn't inconvenience you. Laughable.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wasnt attacking you personally so there is no point in making wild assumptions reversely. Kids at the age of 4 and 5 years should not to be bothered by doing homework IMO. They learn alot more by playing with other kids and the things the parents can learn them on a playfull manner. Games, reading books for them, sports etc....this on a way confirmed as you stated that your son doesnt like to do homework.

• Like 1

Talking to parents is one thing the three schools here I have had contact with have done very well. All three have had at least 2 parent meetings a term at the school where they get talked to by the head and then talk to all their children's teachers. 2 of them have books which the children are supposed to show to the parents each week and get signed with exceptionally good comments by teachers. (none of this "He is trying, very trying nonsense."

The meetings which are always held on a Saturday or Sunday morning are very well attended by Thai parents,. Two of the schools are government, these seem to have the most contact and one is a Catholic school.

Contact and reporting is of a much higher standard than my daughter received in Australia and the meetings are better attended.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2