2 Tourist Visa from Vientiane Already, Should I Go Somewhere Else?

Hi,

My current tourist visa is going to expire in the next 2 weeks, including the extension, so I'll be needing to get a new double-entry tourist visa to stay here longer. I've already been to Vientiane twice, so I was wondering if I should go to a different place to get my next one? I'm currently in Bangkok and from the UK.

I've been reading some of the forum for answers, but I'm not certain do to recent changes, should I bring a print out of a bank statement and plane ticket to help me get through easier? I'm renting a room too, if I should show that.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

proovms

show residence and bank account for a tourist visa? HUH?

They have asked for them. And they have even put a note on a visa sticker stating that if a person wanted another visa they will have to have them.

so to get another "tourist" visa one must show that he ISN'T a tourist? wow.

They have asked for them. And they have even put a note on a visa sticker stating that if a person wanted another visa they will have to have them.

Edited by somchy

so to get another "tourist" visa one must show that he ISN'T a tourist? wow.

Residence? As in hotel reservations, for example? That is sometimes a requirement when a tourist enters a country.

Bank account? As in proof of funds? That's a common requirement for tourists.

Hold on, hold on.

The bit about 'proof of residence'. Say a man lives in a 'serviced apartment'. He pays the rent every month, and get's a receipt from the landlady. Is proof of residence a letter from the landlady confirming that he lives there ?? smile.png

Receipts would be enough but a letter stating you are staying long would be good.

The OP should take a shot at another 2-entry as advised and if he only gets a single entry, take it onboard that the 'game is up' regards long-term, multiple visits on locally-acquired TR type visas.

The significance of the apparent conflict of claiming to be a tourist while having a a Thai lodging rental contract and a Thai bank account may be missed by the Vientiane Embassy but will not be lost on Immigration police on arrival if they choose to give the entrant the 3rd degree on arrival. Moreso after 12th August.

A visa is issued by people ultimately working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in compliance with Police Orders.

A visa is accepted (or otherwise) by people working for the Immigration Police who enforce the Police Orders.

A visa from any country in a passport from any country is not a gurarantee of access to the issuing country.

• Like 1

You should try Vientiane for another 2 entry. The worst that can happen is that they only do a single entry.

Taking a bank will help and proof of residence also.

In my recent experience you will almost certainly get another TR60 where ever you go. However the border posts are now ignoring the new TR 60 day visa pasted in the PP and only allowing a 7 day stay on the entry stamp with written comments that 'this person is living in Thailand on a tourist visa'. I have seen at least three people who have experienced this in the last two weeks.

You should try Vientiane for another 2 entry. The worst that can happen is that they only do a single entry.

Exactly true. I have the same situation. They did give me a double entry, but wrote right on the visa that I need to bring in proof of income and residence the next time. Well, I am flying out to Kuala Lumpur for a few days, and returning again for my second entry. I will always keep those documents with me. Next visa will be the 90 day non immigrant O....and retirement extension. I finally decided to settle down in Chiang Mai... Out of Isaan, but do not regret the experience.

In my recent experience you will almost certainly get another TR60 where ever you go. However the border posts are now ignoring the new TR 60 day visa pasted in the PP and only allowing a 7 day stay on the entry stamp with written comments that 'this person is living in Thailand on a tourist visa'. I have seen at least three people who have experienced this in the last two weeks.

That may may well depend upon nationality, the border crossing used.and a persons overall history of visas and visa exempt entries.

You cannot say it will be true for everybody that has a valid tourist visa.

That may may well depend upon nationality, the border crossing used.and a persons overall history of visas and visa exempt entries.

You cannot say it will be true for everybody that has a valid tourist visa.

Quite right. Consistency is not a habit followed by those who apply the rules here.. However the last person I saw who had this experience had only two TR60's ever. Prior to the first she was a new chum to Thailand.

Thanks for the information everyone, I will go to Laos for another one.

I don't have a Thai bank account, but I will take a bank statement from my UK bank. I'll also take a receipt of my current room in Bangkok.

Should I buy an airplane ticket out of the country to improve my chances of getting back in? If I pay for a double entry and only get 7 days, that would cause me some big problems.

This is also going to be my last visa for Thailand, then I'll be going back to England.

Thanks again,

proovms