Photos: Thaivisa Lounge Grand Opening Party July 4, 2014

Larry Banks

Popped in. Nice venue, some cracking beer girls but how I wish everybody had been made to wear a badge with their user-name on...

Good post gazmat. I will drop in soon, but being a non drinker, is there a western food menu? anybody want to give their opinion on it?

Why not have a whiteboard on the wall for members to write their username on, but only if they want to.

That looks like a small crowd for 500 signed up members, especially taken in account that probably half of them are moderators.

The list I saw had about 300 signed up members, but maybe I can't count.

I went and had a most enjoyable evening, the place was packed with people seemingly having a good time.

I will most certainly go back, thanks very much to all those who contributed to a most enjoyable evening.

That looks like a small crowd for 500 signed up members, especially taken in account that probably half of them are moderators.

I went and had a most enjoyable evening, the place was packed with people seemingly having a good time.

I will most certainly go back, thanks very much to all those who contributed to a most enjoyable evening.

Indeed I think you can't count, because the biggest part of those 300 members signed up as +1, which would bring the total to 600. smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think you should get rid of the ubiquitous pool tables and put in terminals & or Wifi, serve tea and coffee instead of beer, for all the TVF keyboard warriors. Run live feed of the battles on the big screens... now that would be cool.

Oz

Wouldn't that defeat the object of New Wave being an established pool bar? The bar has wifi, tea and coffee already.

Just what BKK needs another 'established pool bar', are you serious? Building a business around 2 blokes poking balls with sticks is hardly New Wave is it!! I for one actually avoid places with tables.

Oz

Lots of Aussies have problems with knives and forks too.

And aren't most businesses down that way built around blokes poking something?

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Popped in. Nice venue, some cracking beer girls but how I wish everybody had been made to wear a badge with their user-name on...

Good post gazmat. I will drop in soon, but being a non drinker, is there a western food menu? anybody want to give their opinion on it?

Why not have a whiteboard on the wall for members to write their username on, but only if they want to.

"but being a non drinker, is there a western food menu?"

blink.png Great example of logic somewhere in there Possum! I

I never knew non Western food was alcoholic. wink.png

• Like 1

good luck with the project.

Personally i don't like anyone putting my pic on the inet when in a Bar, or elsewhere for that matter. biggrin.png But lets hope that's will only be done at the opening.

Indeed I think you can't count, because the biggest part of those 300 members signed up as +1, which would bring the total to 600. smile.png

So with 220 signed up members and 87 +1, +2 and +3's, I make that 307, certainly a lot nearer my "about 300" than your 500 or even 600! smile.png

Opening night

Haha love the second picture. Guy center right. No doubt someone busy posting on Thaivisa!

Think that's " whereustay" or " fab4 "

Is it acceptable to "out" people's anonymous identities? That is one of the reasons I decided not to come to the opening.

• Like 2

I don't know where else to ask this ... so here for want of a better place ...

Apart from Brand Loyalty (Thai Visa) ... what is the Marketing Strategy

behind the Bar?

What makes me, as a man spoilt for choices in that area entices me to

have a Pint at this Bar as opposed to any other Bar?

I want to come ... I really do ... just want to know why I should come.

Of course, I wish you well with this venture ... thumbsup.gif

You've already answered your own question. Why should you come? Because "I want to come ... I really do." Why make an issue of it. Do you feel all slighted because you didn't get a personal invitation.

Not nice how you have blocked the footpath. What about pedestrians and wheelchair users.

That sidewalk is so narrow hardly anyone ever walks along it ... and it's way to narrow for a wheelchair. Otherwise, thanks for the well wishes.

Opening night

post-64119-14044798811023.jpg

Thats Just one shot of the bar taken from other side plus there is a second floor upstairs that also has pool tables, 3 TV's , bar and outdoor balcony with tables and chairs. I was there and bar was full. Also has outside seating that you can't see from this picture. Best of luck I'll come by again when I am back in BKK ( I have apartment here) but live in Chon Buri (home)

Edited by Tony125

So with 220 signed up members and 87 +1, +2 and +3's, I make that 307, certainly a lot nearer my "about 300" than your 500 or even 600! smile.png

OK. You win.

I was there everyone seemed to have a good time sorry some of you stayed away for whatever reason, I did not bring my plus 1 as her sister dropped our neice off on us last min so my wifey stayed home but hey was "4th of July" for me "Independance Day" (sorry Brits we still love you) so I went out . Not sure of the total turnout but were a lot there at 7:30PM when I got there and more were arriving as I was leaving later.

Jimmy ... it's nice to know you enjoyed your experience on the night.

I don't know where else to ask this ... so here for want of a better place ...

Apart from Brand Loyalty (Thai Visa) ... what is the Marketing Strategy

behind the Bar?

What makes me, as a man spoilt for choices in that area entices me to

have a Pint at this Bar as opposed to any other Bar?

I want to come ... I really do ... just want to know why I should come.

Of course, I wish you well with this venture ... thumbsup.gif

You've already answered your own question. Why should you come? Because "I want to come ... I really do." Why make an issue of it. Do you feel all slighted because you didn't get a personal invitation.

Dear HerbalEd ... you don't know me ... please don't make assumptions.

I am the demographic that lower Suk is aimed at.

Accordingly, I have the choice of many alternative venues.

Sentimentality makes me want to have a drink there, but if you ever were involved in Business you would know that you would have a Business Plan.

You would have researched your demographic, identified your market niche, analysed your cash flows, had an advertising plan and a launch.

So, I repeat ... I want to come ... I really do ... just want to know why I should come?

• Like 2

Not nice how you have blocked the footpath. What about pedestrians and wheelchair users.

That sidewalk is so narrow hardly anyone ever walks along it ... and it's way to narrow for a wheelchair. Otherwise, thanks for the well wishes.

Photo shows more than one and a half metres. More than enough room if the chairs were not there. People do not walk on it because they cannot as it is being misused Thanks for caring about people.

I am the demographic that lower Suk is aimed at.

Accordingly, I have the choice of many alternative venues.

Sentimentality makes me want to have a drink there, but if you ever were involved in Business you would know that you would have a Business Plan.

You would have researched your demographic, identified your market niche, analysed your cash flows, had an advertising plan and a launch.

So, I repeat ... I want to come ... I really do ... just want to know why I should come?

Get over your self LOL. Its just a bar.

No, it's not a Bar, it's a Business.

I've watched heartache after heartache with people with a great idea entering a business only to go belly-up.

Statistically, 2 out of 3 businesses go belly up within three years.

The main reason ... cash flow.

It was my job for 5 years to advise small business on how to be successful.

mcfish, I've seen your posts in other places ... quite sensible ... but don't come here and dis me.

As for 'Get over your self' ... it's not about me.

• Like 1

I'm agreeing with David48 here, if all the THAI VISA Lonuge has to offer is the same as every other bar in BKK, there is no incentive to frequent it. Sure drop in for a beer check it out, say you've 'been there, done that!' but if any business has no "hook" then whats the purpose. By naming itself after a popular forum now with some 70,000 members, you'd think it already had that hook, but chose to just be another "well established pool bar", disappointing for many. Its like when you drive along the highway and you see stall after stall selling the same product, surely you would think one of them might do something different, but nope, they just keep selling the same thing next to hundred of others doing the same. Admittedly, 70,000 members drop in for even 1 beer and its a goer, but c"mon!

Oz

Need to keep in mind that not only 70,000 members but many multiples of that in guests who visit the forum who are potentials for the new lounge wanting to perhaps meet up on common ground.

• Like 1