Photos: Thaivisa Lounge Grand Opening Party July 4, 2014

Larry Banks

Yeah I do understand that and it is just reiterating my point, I just think everyone expects it to be more..well..Thai Visa-ish ® trademark registered

Oz

Guess we could have a moderator and/or admin at the door greeting visitors to give it that Thaivisa feel. biggrin.png

T-Y ... you never fail to disappoint to see the positive ... sense of humour ... thumbsup.gif

I just hope, this year there are the Christmas Celebrations like in Christmases past.

If that happens .. I promise to wear a name badge ... w00t.gif

If you come ... I'll even rouse MissFarmGirl and the boys ... but only if you promise.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah I do understand that and it is just reiterating my point, I just think everyone expects it to be more..well..Thai Visa-ish ® trademark registered

Oz

Guess we could have a moderator and/or admin at the door greeting visitors to give it that Thaivisa feel. alt=biggrin.png>

Staff could even dress up as the top posters on TV, there could be a wall of fame or shame, the different corners of the bar could be themed for the sections. You'd have to save a whole table for Jingthing in the 'gay corner' though...

Oz

People talking 'marketing strategies' and other nonsense. I mean, really, do you question the 'marketing strategy' of every other bar you visit?

Nope ... just want to see the 'Pretties' and the 'Happy Hour'.

Next time, if you agree, I'll buy the first round ... drunk.gif I know you are a decent guy.

OH ... if the Business Model doesn't work ... there will be another Bar there in 18 months time ... what do you think happened to the previous owner/leasee ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oz

Guess we could have a moderator and/or admin at the door greeting visitors to give it that Thaivisa feel. alt=biggrin.png>

Staff could even dress up as the top posters on TV, there could be a wall of fame or shame, the different corners of the bar could be themed for the sections. You'd have to save a whole table for Jingthing in the 'gay corner' though...

Oz

Get rid of the pool tables.....paint one wall red...another yellow and have a boxing ring in the middle. Metisdead will be the ref.

Would definitely draw a crowd.

Get rid of the pool tables.....paint one wall red...another yellow and have a boxing ring in the middle. Metisdead will be the ref.

Me and Jingthing in a UFC contest ... now that would draw a crowd.

Dude ... are you up for it?

• Like 2

I would love to referee........thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I can hear the crowd now ...

JTee

JTee

JTee

I'm agreeing with David48 here, if all the THAI VISA Lonuge has to offer is the same as every other bar in BKK, there is no incentive to frequent it. Sure drop in for a beer check it out, say you've 'been there, done that!' but if any business has no "hook" then whats the purpose. By naming itself after a popular forum now with some 70,000 members, you'd think it already had that hook, but chose to just be another "well established pool bar", disappointing for many. Its like when you drive along the highway and you see stall after stall selling the same product, surely you would think one of them might do something different, but nope, they just keep selling the same thing next to hundred of others doing the same. Admittedly, 70,000 members drop in for even 1 beer and its a goer, but c"mon!

Oz

Need to keep in mind that not only 70,000 members but many multiples of that in guests who visit the forum who are potentials for the new lounge wanting to perhaps meet up on common ground.

Good food , drinks selection, music and service in a pleasant environment will keep them coming back for more. Plenty, no in fact most, bars in lower Suk can't get that right.

As David alluded to there is a target group....we could only speculate as to what that might be at this point....but I'll be along soon to get my own idea.

• Like 1

unfortunately JT has a block on David48 so no match it seems, all ticket refunds will be issued at the bar....

It will filter down ... such is the grapevine here.

JT

JT

JT ...

God love the freedom to have a wee bit of fun on the Forum ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Good food , drinks selection, music and service in a pleasant environment will keep them coming back for more. Plenty, no in fact most, bars in lower Suk can't get that right.

As David alluded to there is a target group....we could only speculate as to what that might be at this point....but I'll be along soon to get my own idea.

Noice post.

BTW ... we are overdue for a drunk.gif

For those who have never met this man.

Take the time to do same ... he's the real deal ... wai.gif

Noice post.

BTW ... we are overdue for a drunk.gif

For those who have never met this man.

Take the time to do same ... he's the real deal ... wai.gif

He's Daniel Levy?

• Like 1

I am fully verbally qualified to oversee this fight..............thumbsup.gif

" I want a clean fight, no hugging, grappling or kissing or nibbling of ears, OK touch gloves...HEY, not groins, go to your corners and come out fighting, JT, YOUR own corner please"...............rolleyes.gif

If I hear you say "Break that choke hold !" I don't want to know what he is "choking", I am just going to look away. w00t.gif

• Like 2

Make it a 'Celebrity Death Match' to spice it up a little.

• Like 1

White Bread vs.....

post-151649-0-58987000-1404553481_thumb.

post-151649-0-01670700-1404553552_thumb.

Not nice how you have blocked the footpath. What about pedestrians and wheelchair users.

Mate, not having a go but if you ever have been down that Soi ... everyone blocks the footpath.

It's a bit unfair to call the boys on that issue.

Soi 7 Suk isn't particularly busy.

For pandemonium ... try navigating down Soi 11 ... facepalm.gif

I do not go along with the everyone does it excuse for everything. It has to start somewhere.

Where you there ? Seems like some people just want to find a reason to complain.

[

Not nice how you have blocked the footpath. What about pedestrians and wheelchair users.

Mate, not having a go but if you ever have been down that Soi ... everyone blocks the footpath.

It's a bit unfair to call the boys on that issue.

Soi 7 Suk isn't particularly busy

For pandemonium ... try navigating down Soi 11 ... facepalm.gif

I do not go along with the everyone does it excuse for everything. It has to start somewhere.

Where you there ? Seems like some people just want to find a reason to complain.

Possibly if access was easier I and others may have been.

As I have posted elswhere 35 years ago all that blocked the footpaths round Sukemvitt were these:.post-64834-0-75741800-1404554596_thumb.j

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

It always amazes me how some threads are allowed to digress into inane conversation without reprimand...while others are censored without explanation....I know...deduct 1 point...and go to time out for 3 days...

• Like 1

People talking 'marketing strategies' and other nonsense. I mean, really, do you question the 'marketing strategy' of every other bar you visit?

Nope ... just want to see the 'Pretties' and the 'Happy Hour'.

Next time, if you agree, I'll buy the first round ... drunk.gif I know you are a decent guy.

OH ... if the Business Model doesn't work ... there will be another Bar there in 18 months time ... what do you think happened to the previous owner/leasee ... whistling.gif

Buy the first round??? Don't they have checkbins?

Good job for you Trans, you can go up and sing when the bar needs to be emptied at closing time, but no Michael Jackson songs, or a certain poster may be upset.

• Like 1

I came up from Patts just because of the invitation. I don't regret it. Met a couple of members from Bangkok, who gave me lots of info about Bangkok, as I'm planning or thinking about to move to Bangkok. Areas where to stay, pricerange etc. And most important of all they were very nice guys...

The bar itself has a very good location, nice and very good food. If they have the same staff everynight as Yesterday I move next week :) As I'm living in Patts, I'm probably a little bit spoiled by the prices of beer, but I think 120 baht for a bottle Heineken is expensive. But maybe that's what it cost in Bangkok..?

Thank's for a nice evening and good luck with Your new bar!

• Like 1