Photos: Thaivisa Lounge Grand Opening Party July 4, 2014

Larry Banks

Notice to all members.

The advertised discount of 15% for Thaivisa members does not apply for drinks during Happy Hours, when drinks are already discounted. I was informed when paying the bill. I have no problem with this, just thought I'd let you know as it was not in their December advertisement on Facebook, as far as I remember.

I would have thought, as has been pointed out by a couple of posters already, that the bar would be particularly oriented towards TV members. However, if you walk in and have no idea whether any of the other customers have anything to do with TV or not, then it's just another bar in Nana.

I noted in an early post that TV members got a 15% discount. Was that just the opening night, or is it a continuing theme? Perhaps to qualify for the discount, TV members should be required to wear a TV badge with their username on it, which would facilitate a bit more interaction between the members who pitch up there? Otherwise, what's the point of it being a 'Thai Visa' bar? I'm sure there will be a lot of members who don't live in Bangkok who would pop in when they pass through if they knew they could identify other TV members. But not many people will wander round the punters asking "Are you a member of TV? What's your username?", however much they might want to know.

"But not many people will wander round the punters asking "Are you a member of TV? What's your username?"

You'd be surprised at how many do just that.

I have been in three times, I stood inside the door hoping someone would speak to me, but without success, I am certainly not going to go around strangers asking them their user names.

• Like 1

"But not many people will wander round the punters asking "Are you a member of TV? What's your username?"

I have been in three times, I stood inside the door hoping someone would speak to me, but without success, I am certainly not going to go around strangers asking them their user names.

"I am certainly not going to go around strangers asking them their user names."

That's because you're a reasonable man but you would be surprised by how many used to do just that. One member, who eventually was asked to leave and not return for unrelated reasons, used to do that every time he saw me.

• Like 1

That's because you're a reasonable man but you would be surprised by how many used to do just that. One member, who eventually was asked to leave and not return for unrelated reasons, used to do that every time he saw me.

Dammit you promised not to tell anyone! :P

• Like 1

Dammit you promised not to tell anyone! tongue.png

Wasn't you, as you know.

• Like 1

I'm going to claim to be george and see if I get it free. Hehe

did you ever see George in person ? not so easy to impose if your body does not have certain features ;-)

I've given him my 100 laps of the pool and no slacking exercise plan.

You'll be happy to hear I didn't share my "Beer only" diet.

let's meet for a Beer or Cider or a Green Tea with artifical sweetener there anyway ! Plus some fierce discussions ^^

The best ThaiVisa meetups are started by the members.

Get organising mate and I will show up. wink.png

Only to slag me off ( deservedly ) after results so far w00t.gif Back on 10th Feb if you are in LOS. biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

• Like 1

so how do you get your 15% off? You tell the waitress your username? Will they check it? What if you use someone else's nick?

Show the ThaiVisa app on your phone as long as you're not taking advantage of any other promotions such as happy hour prices. The staff are New Wave staff, not Thai Visa staff, they have no way of checking user names.

• 1 month later...

I'll be visiting in the end March. I don't expect any special treatment and don't care to know anyone's user names.

Just a visit for a drink and some food with the ms.

If you remember how the Farang Connection was a meeting place for TV members on special occasions, for food and drinks. The owner has pasted away a few years back people just said

• 2 weeks later...

let's meet for a Beer or Cider or a Green Tea with artifical sweetener there anyway ! Plus some fierce discussions ^^

The best ThaiVisa meetups are started by the members.

Get organising mate and I will show up. wink.png

I finally will descend to downtown next week and drop by this place and in case I like it indeed consider to organize some informal kind of meet-up

• Like 1