Legendary characters in pattaya

soistranger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Howard from Pattaya One.

I caught Howard at his latest gig as a gogo bar manager some time last month. Buggered if I can remember the bar though as me and my mate had been ambushed earlier (there was shooters everywhere).

I caught Howard at his latest gig as a gogo bar manager some time last month.

Honorary consul to TV presenter to Tourist Police Volunteer to estate agent to bar manager?

It really is downhill all the way here, once you are on the slippery slope.

Actually it was TP Volunteer, TV Presenter, Honorary Consul, Real Estate Agency owner/partner and now majority owner/partner in 3 successful bars.

So fail to see the slippery slope here... Well done I think.

• Like 1

Where do you guys meet all these people, OMG (note to self) must go out (even) more

If going out involves meeting mad people with tattoos and modified screwdrivers who enjoy assaulting passers-by, I think I'd rather just stay at home and watch TV.

I've never felt there's much to be gained by being out after 9pm here.

Perhaps, but you are missing the best show of all... I enjoy parking myself in a bar near soi 15 and Walking Street, just to watch the flotsam drift by as it's the best show on earth... Anyone wandering along Beach Rd after the witching hour is asking for it though...

There is this guy with a Thai Visa Shirt that sits in front of the bar typing away at his tiny cellphone..about 60ish and quite a beer belly.

must be one of our mods...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I caught Howard at his latest gig as a gogo bar manager some time last month. Buggered if I can remember the bar though as me and my mate had been ambushed earlier (there was shooters everywhere).

Booze Lounge (x2) and Oscars Gogo.

Actually it was TP Volunteer, TV Presenter, Honorary Consul, Real Estate Agency owner/partner and now majority owner/partner in 3 successful bars.

Well, there's no accounting for individual taste but I would not be happy with that as my résumé.

I've never felt there's much to be gained by being out after 9pm here.

Perhaps, but you are missing the best show of all... I enjoy parking myself in a bar near soi 15 and Walking Street, just to watch the flotsam drift by as it's the best show on earth...

I saw all that 20, 30 or 40 years ago and I know that back then it was a lot more entertaining and friendly, and much less violent and dangerous. These days I find it's a very pale shadow of what it used to be entertainment-wise, and it has some very negative overtones that I dont like at all.

Or maybe that's just old age talking. Time for my cocoa and biscuits.

Edited by KittenKong

I thought Oscars was a sports bar ?

Well, there's no accounting for individual taste but I would not be happy with that as my résumé.

Tell me about it! "Honourary Consul"....?

Oh, the stigma!

What about the newspaper magnate who invented a cure for aids,had a solution for the oil spill in the gulf of mexico,and published a story a few years back stating thaksin was dead.

The most credible and reassuring American in Thailand?

• Like 1

No, it's a gogo (soi LK Metro)

What about the newspaper magnate who invented a cure for aids,had a solution for the oil spill in the gulf of mexico,and published a story a few years back stating thaksin was dead.

Maybe the Ambassador? She's doing a cedible, but difficult, job trying to protect Thai democracy.

Maybe the Ambassador? She's doing a cedible, but difficult, job trying to protect Thai democracy.

Didn't realise that Thai democracy needed to be upheld by The Great Invader.

Ahhh ok. yeah I was thinking of a different oscars.

It doesn't need to. But at least some are trying.

It doesn't need to. But at least some are trying.

Very trying

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Bangkok Bank next to Numchai. There is a chap, about 50, who sweeps the carpark etc. Wears the standard Brooming outfit, except for the cowboy hat, and is found in the morning between 7.30-8am sat on his bike applying his make up, brushing his orange hair "just so" and over all making himself look pretty. He sings all day - never know him not singing even when he is applying his lippy he is humming.

• Like 1

How about that character that loiters around the top of Soi Diana and Soi Buck junction in his "floppy hat" taking photos of girls on m/bikes!!!

Sorry ST couldn't resist!!! Lol.

Edited by davyboy

And whatever happened to ghost lady?

Dead.
How do you know, do you even know who she is? Or are just trying to stir up the thread?

If it is the same Ghost lady, that is one sad sad story about what happened to her.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

And whatever happened to ghost lady?

Dead.
How do you know, do you even know who she is? Or are just trying to stir up the thread?

If it is the same Ghost lady, that is one sad sad story about what happened to her.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Yes, I do know who she is. She used to be found around Soi 7 and Soi 8. I believe she was on a pension/ stipend deal from somewhere after nearly being murdered by, I think, a Scandanavian nutter. I understand her friend was murdered in the same incident. She made a few bob by lending money to the girls around these areas.

I was told a few years ago that she was dead. Of course, in answer to the rest of your post, I have no proof, have never seen a death certificate, never went to her cremation, but I posted in good faith what I had been told beforehand. Feel better?