Retirement visa via 'looking after OWN Thai kids' route.

Hello.

I've read somewhere several years ago, that it may be possible to obtain a Retirement visa using you OWN Thai kids to either support you/or you support them, without need of 'grandfathering' Baht. 800,000 in ones Thai bank account. Does anyone know anything about this?

Cheers!

There at one time was clause in the police order that allowed something like you wrote about but it went away over 5 years ago.

You can get an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai child. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or an income of 40k baht.

If you are still married to your children's mother you would need to do an extension of stay based upon your marriage to her. The financial requirements are the same.

I thought there was also a visa for being the dependant of a Thai adult. (i.e. You're living with your grown-up children that are Thai, and they support you).

But I will admit, it seems to have disappeared from the embassy's website for types of visa...

I thought there was also a visa for being the dependant of a Thai adult. (i.e. You're living with your grown-up children that are Thai, and they support you).

But I will admit, it seems to have disappeared from the embassy's website for types of visa...

There is an extension of stay for this situation and it is the same type of extension that ubonjoe mentioned in post #2. It is for living with the Thai child and is granted regardless of the child's age and regardless whether or not an adult child supports the parent. What counts is that the parent is a family member of the child, ie lives in the same household. See the text highlighted in yellow in the attachment below.

Extension - parent of Thai child.pdf

• Like 1

I recently got divorced and my ex claim I am the father to a one month old child.

I were told by immigration that I could extend my tourist visa based on it for 60 days and I could get a one year visa.

For the 60 days I would need.

Birth certificate with my name on it.

Blue book for my ex

Copy of my ex ID card.

For the one year Non-O I would need the documents above and a bank book showing 400K.

The immigration officer knows I am divorced and do not live with the child and suggested both options for me to extend my stay here.

There were no talk about 2 months in the bank or me living with the child.

Just my very very recent experience but the we have a good immigration office where I live and things can be different in other parts of the country.

Edited by spacemand

Spacemand, I believe the immigration officer was talking to you about a change of visa status from tourist to non-O, followed by a one-year extension of stay. As you and your child are not living in the same household you are technically not entitled to this but if the immigration office wants to give it to you just the same it is up to them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app