Bangkok motorcycle taxis allowed to wear bright orange jackets

webfact

Motorcycle taxis allowed to wear bright orange jackets but must have more details on the back

7-7-2014-9-46-46-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Motorcycle taxi drivers will be allowed to continue wearing their bright orange uniform but with names and number printed on the back of the jackets.

This was what the commander of the First Infantry Division of the King’s Guard Major General Apiratch Kongsompong agreed with the motorcycle taxis Monday.

The commander is in charge of regulating motorbike taxis in Bangkok area.

He informed motorcycle taxi drivers about the new regulations, after having almost all of the drivers to register with the authorities.

He said the NCPO has later resolved that they can still stick with the bright orange uniforms but Department of Land Transport will universally put a bright green badge bearing the driver’s name and identification code on the back of their jacket within the month of September.

He stressed that new jackets cannot be transferred or bought in order to eradicate the control of local mafias.

Meanwhile assistant national police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Ruangsak Jarit-ake said after inspecting the motorcycle taxi service in Bangkok’s Huay Khwang area today that the public is reportedly satisfied with the NCPO’s attempt to adjust unfair motorbike taxi fare as well as reorganize overall service.

However, there have been complaints of unfair service at some areas and that concerned officials have been instructed to take care of the problem.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/motorcycle-taxis-allowed-wear-bright-orange-jackets-must-details-back/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-08

In the land of copies it will not be so hard for a illegal taxi driver to obtain the a good copy of a taxi jacket and with so many motorcycle taxis its almost impossible to get caught if they get a fake jacket

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Decision - Indecision. What colour? How much detail? Thainess at its best.

Pffft: Eddie Stobart would be laughing in his grave over this tardy lot, about uniforms... or none - for that matter.

Thai's seem to take the least line of resistance , don't worry about bike taxi rules , motor bike licence conditions , requirements for insurance, etc.lets have a bright shirt.

• Like 2

This should not be seen as indecision by the NCPO, but rather negotiation. In all reforms, negotiation is the key to drawing people to you, and not fighting against you. But once the negotiation is complete and all sides are happy with the outcome, once the rules have been put in place, the first motor bike taxi rider that steps out of line, and attempts to play the system, or breach it's rules needs to be made a swift example of, and the punishment, although fitting the crime, needs to be at the maximum level allowed. The good guys will win this battle. There will be less talk of "Mafia" in the coming twelve months, as there will be virtually no existence of them, and the sticklers who stay will be sitting behind bars. wai2.gif

• Like 1

pffff it didnt last one day before they turn the new color of the normally "orange jacket"......... from green to bright orange.

Seriously, dont try to understand them , only god can save them!

ps: out of topic, i have one question about these missing bag of rice laugh.png .

Are they really missing or its just the soldiers who are not able to count over ten....once againthat might explain everythingwhistling.gif

Edited by Bender

Could do with the high visibility strips on the jackets, too. Hard to see who's a motorcycle taxi driver when they're driving down a poorly lit soi and you're trying to wave one down.

You can always steal a car, or a bike, rkid...an' a video too! giggle.gif

This should not be seen as indecision by the NCPO, but rather negotiation. In all reforms, negotiation is the key to drawing people to you, and not fighting against you. But once the negotiation is complete and all sides are happy with the outcome, once the rules have been put in place, the first motor bike taxi rider that steps out of line, and attempts to play the system, or breach it's rules needs to be made a swift example of, and the punishment, although fitting the crime, needs to be at the maximum level allowed. The good guys will win this battle. There will be less talk of "Mafia" in the coming twelve months, as there will be virtually no existence of them, and the sticklers who stay will be sitting behind bars. wai2.gif

Should negotiation not have taken place first and the final decision announced rather than a military spokesman saying ' Green ' and hours later it changed to ' Orange ' ?

Maybe they should complete the traffic light sequence and change to ' Red ', not that it would help to remind the drivers they actually have to stop sometimes.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pffft: Eddie Stobart would be laughing in his grave over this tardy lot, about uniforms... or none - for that matter.

Thai's seem to take the least line of resistance , don't worry about bike taxi rules , motor bike licence conditions , requirements for insurance, etc.lets have a bright shirt.

Exactly! The path of least resistance. How long do you think it will take for the first orange jacket to be sold off under the table?

• Like 1

Exactly! The path of least resistance. How long do you think it will take for the first orange jacket to be sold off under the table?

Already been done. We didn't need or have time to think. It was done before the colour was decided. ;)

Change to green color! No, I don't want to. Ok, you can keep it orange...I will count this as two reforms...orange-to green and then green-to-orange...all done within 24 hours...that's firm decision making!

• Like 1

I wonder who ordered and paid for all these new jackets to be made............and how much they are charging the motorcycle taxis for the new vests.

The same guys who made the tablets. They just retooled for jackets.

• Like 1

I have just seen some new billboards with names and prices at biker's station in downtown Bangkok. Seems like an improvement to me. Of course without controls, it does not matter if it is about the colors or the license....

It's quite important, this case, since deciding the colour(s) of motorcycle taxi vests is actually the first achievement of the new regime. (Remember, it DENIED being behind the World Cup decision, because that's going to become a really big, expensive court case.) Just 47 days into the new regime, and we have a solid achievement. Good on the generals. We shall henceforth refer to the General as General Action Jackson. Or perhaps the Motosai King?

I wonder who ordered and paid for all these new jackets to be made............and how much they are charging the motorcycle taxis for the new vests.

The same guys who made the tablets. They just retooled for jackets.

clap2.gif The changes to the motorcycle taxis may do some good, and cost of fraction of that thrown away buying cheap poor quality Chinese tablets.

But the tablets were never really intended to do good - just a shabby con and publicity stunt with the usual added benefit of facilitating a scam and earner.

Edited by Baerboxer

It's quite important, this case, since deciding the colour(s) of motorcycle taxi vests is actually the first achievement of the new regime. (Remember, it DENIED being behind the World Cup decision, because that's going to become a really big, expensive court case.) Just 47 days into the new regime, and we have a solid achievement. Good on the generals. We shall henceforth refer to the General as General Action Jackson. Or perhaps the Motosai King?

Ah your normal far from reality post type.

The first achievement of what you quaintly refer to as the new regime was to stop violence by removing a dysfunctional illegitimate old regime and their joke of a peace and order committee.

You can refer to the General however you wish - but he as done more positive things in a few months than the previous corrupt, inefficient an ineffective regime achieved in nearly 3 years.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

Yesterday the colour was green. Very high vis hopefully. Not camoflague.

pffff it didnt last one day before they turn the new color of the normally "orange jacket"......... from green to bright orange.

ps: out of topic, i have one question about these missing bag of rice laugh.png .

Are they really missing or its just the soldiers who are not able to count over ten....once againthat might explain everythingwhistling.gif

I'm sure they can count and possibly show a little more intelligence than you have - so who will save you from stupidity?

Why don't you ask a soldier? If you dare!

In the land of copies it will not be so hard for a illegal taxi driver to obtain the a good copy of a taxi jacket and with so many motorcycle taxis its almost impossible to get caught if they get a fake jacket

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You underestimate the people who really control the racket. The NCPO is not going to be around forever -- not even for very long. A year? Two? The scandals haven't started to break yet.

I'm sure they can count and possibly show a little more intelligence than you have - so who will save you from stupidity?

old grandma, dont tell me, i made you upsetcheesy.gif

old grandma, dont tell me, i made you upsetcheesy.gif

Sorry, no second prizes being awarded.