My experience today at Chaeng Watthana Immigration

I'm glad to hear that they are doing their job efficiently, at least from your perspective. From my perspective, it doesn't seem all that efficient or fast at all. I know my extensions usually don't take that long for a non-immigrant 'b'. Of course, I go with my company who have their 'connections' at Chaeng Wattana.

With only 17 people ahead of you, it seems to me that the process should have been much faster than that. In my opinion, they were being extremely slow to take care of a very standard procedure that they deal with day in and day out!

It seems like you had a pretty poor taxi driver too! Why on Earth would it take you 2 hours and 15 minutes to get from Bangna to Chaeng Wattana? Did you get lost? I live off of Srinakarin. I drive myself usually. By motorbike, it takes a while going the entire length of Lad Prao. It usually takes me just over an hour or so. By car and expressway, I generally make it in 30 minutes. It sounds to me like your taxi driver was a bit clueless about where they were going. I don't know why it would take you so long unless you opted not to use the tollway!

To each their own! Like I said, I am glad you are pleased with their service!

My wife (Myanmar 40 yrs. old) just came back from BKK immigration , they told her she can't get a NON O so she can piggyback on my retirement visa because I don't have a work permit .

Does anyone have a foreign wife piggybacked on their retirement visa ? They told her I should go to the USA embassy but didn't say why . I have both income and 800,000 in Kbank .

I haven't worked for years , and don't intend to .whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

My wife (Myanmar 40 yrs. old) just came back from BKK immigration , they told her she can't get a NON O so she can piggyback on my retirement visa because I don't have a work permit .

Does anyone have a foreign wife piggybacked on their retirement visa ? They told her I should go to the USA embassy but didn't say why . I have both income and 800,000 in Kbank .

I haven't worked for years , and don't intend to .whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

What do you have? A visa you obtained from a embassy or consulate? Or do you have an extension of stay based upon retirement you obtained from immigration?.

You must have an extension of stay for her to get a dependent extension. She would also need a non-o visa entry to apply for it.

Immigration will not do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon getting a dependent extension. She would need to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get it.

Yes, Muffy, my wife has been piggybacked on my non-imm O and retirement extension for seven years. I use the income statement, but all we had to do was have our marriage papers certified by our embassy, then translated to Thai. That original translation and a yearly income statement is all that is required.

• Like 1

SmotherB thank you I have a retirement visa for years , but couldn't believe I can't have a wife to live with me . Myanmar won't do anything for her because she married me . They should say

work permit or retirement visa but they don't . Maybe they will change it someday .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

This may be of the topic but I keep getting almost answers to my queries about a visa for my girlfriend, who is Burmese. I am American, retired on a disability from th VA. She has a passport to work legally in Thailand. We looked into getting married here, in Chiang Mai, but the Amphur office and a legal service both told us the Thai government would not approve a Burmese woman marrying a foreigner - because of the legislation pending in Myanmar to prohibit these marriages. And we were told that it would be useless to apply for a U.S. spousal visa as the marriage would be blocked and that the visa for a fiance - to marry later in the U.S.A. and apply for a different visa there = would not be considered.

She went to Yangon to try to resolve these issues on home ground. First she was told NO! to marrying me unless I officilaly convert to Buddhist. I am fine with Buddhism in my own way - but i will not be forced into this as a political statement by the radical Buddhists. Secondly she is applying for a real passport and this should take only a couple days.

Thirdly, my girlfriend believes she can get a visa to the U.S., from the embasy in Yangon - with the help of the Myanmar government? - I am sure that the information I got here in Chiang Mai was that it would take from 4 months minimum for a fiance to 2 years if aleady married. She believes it can be done in a couple hours over there.

If anyone has any recent, pertinent advice on this question I would appreciate hearing from you.

Any personal insults and advice on how to run my life i don't need.

This may be of the topic but I keep getting almost answers to my queries about a visa for my girlfriend, who is Burmese. I am American, retired on a disability from th VA. She has a passport to work legally in Thailand. We looked into getting married here, in Chiang Mai, but the Amphur office and a legal service both told us the Thai government would not approve a Burmese woman marrying a foreigner - because of the legislation pending in Myanmar to prohibit these marriages. And we were told that it would be useless to apply for a U.S. spousal visa as the marriage would be blocked and that the visa for a fiance - to marry later in the U.S.A. and apply for a different visa there = would not be considered.

She went to Yangon to try to resolve these issues on home ground. First she was told NO! to marrying me unless I officilaly convert to Buddhist. I am fine with Buddhism in my own way - but i will not be forced into this as a political statement by the radical Buddhists. Secondly she is applying for a real passport and this should take only a couple days.

Thirdly, my girlfriend believes she can get a visa to the U.S., from the embasy in Yangon - with the help of the Myanmar government? - I am sure that the information I got here in Chiang Mai was that it would take from 4 months minimum for a fiance to 2 years if aleady married. She believes it can be done in a couple hours over there.

If anyone has any recent, pertinent advice on this question I would appreciate hearing from you.

Any personal insults and advice on how to run my life i don't need.

Nothing to do with this forum or topic. You should post in "getting visa for other countries".

SmotherB thank you I have a retirement visa for years , but couldn't believe I can't have a wife to live with me . Myanmar won't do anything for her because she married me . They should say

work permit or retirement visa but they don't . Maybe they will change it someday .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I gave you answers in a topic you posted. It appears you wife did not have a non-o visa and was attempting to do conversion to a non immigrant visa which immigration will no do for a dependent extension for a retiree..

Kondiao...

I can assure you there is no US Fiance' Visa available anywhere in less than average 5 months

+ the once approved by USCIS US Customs Immigration Service in USA...

US Embassy in Myanmar will review it ...total time at best is 7 months.

Same is true to obtain US Marriage recognition...once you are married outside the USA.

Frankly speaking...as married to US citizen and you are on VA disability...

living in the USA is best for her...she will get CHAMPUS Health care...& retirement benefits once you die.

Live outside the USA..NO benefits.

Suggest you consult with a local VFW branch in Thailand for verification of benefits available to

your wife....now and when you die. The VFW are expert in this topic and help many.

In addition your personal healthcare costs outside USA can be paid fully by VA...again ask the VFW.

Good Luck,

tj

I gave you answers in a topic you posted. It appears you wife did not have a non-o visa and was attempting to do conversion to a non immigrant visa which immigration will no do for a dependent extension for a retiree..

My wife and I got our non-O in Penang with the income statement and the marriage certification--the same documentation required for the retirement extension

I was there yesterday too, the whole thing went MUCH faster than previously, got my extension and 90-day report done before 11AM (arrived at 8:45), instead of having to wait until after their lunch break. Seems they broke down their process into smaller parts, first one lady to check all the papers are in order, then another to take the application and payment, and a third to stamp the passport and give you the receipt. Let's hope it lasts!