Lt-Gen Manas Paorik surrenders to the CSD police

webfact

Lt-Gen Manas Paorik surrenders to the CSD police

manas-paorik-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former deputy commander of the Third Army Region Lt-Gen Manas Paorik turned himself in to the Crime Suppression Division police Tuesday afternoon to face charge of illegal possession of war weapons.

The former advisor to a cabinet minister of the Yingluck government denied the charge and said that he would fight the case in the court. He disclosed that he learned about the arrest warrant against him from the newspaper on May 29.

Manas denied he had anything to do with the “Men in Black” or the hooded gunmen who battled with army troops during the red-shirt protests in May 2010, particularly, at Kok Wua intersection, where then Colonel Romklao Puvatham was killed.

He also claimed that he met Jakrapob Penkair, former prime minister’s office minister and a founder of an anti-coup movement in exile only once five years ago.

Pol Gen Somyos Poompanmuang, deputy national police chief, said if Manas asked for a bail, he would consider whether the request was reasonable or not and also the amount of the surety used as a bail.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lt-gen-manas-paorik-surrenders-csd-police/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-08

Wow! He has been running from the law for almost 45days. He has nothing to hide and no guilty conscience i am sure. Now he wants bail? If he surrendered may 29 when he learned of the warrant he should have gotten bail. But now? Who is to say he wont hide again?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If there is evidence against this guy punish him to the utmost of the law.

Since when has it been a police generals role to decide what the bail should be? although to be fair it cannot be worse than the ones handed about by the judiciary in many cases, and that goes for many countries, not just Thailand.

okay. so who brought the charges. this will be a very interesting story. surely they can't grant him bail. He organised people to take up arms against the army. Surely that would be treasonous?

whereas if he organised the army to take up arms are against an elected govt he would be prime minister material

Indeed , one mans treason maker is another mans corruption buster. The hypocrisy of this whole situation is horrible.

How many people were killed by the RTA during the last coup?

How many people were killed by the so-called MiB ? (assuming Manas is indeed involved in this).

He discovered there was an arrest warrant out for him on May 29th, so he went to hand himself in today? w00t.gif

Plenty of time to concoct the covern, and his witnesses. Clever man. whistling.gif

Seems he is all ears.
Tasteless and juvenile at best.

The court will decide whether he should be released on bail!

Given Thailand's record in granting bail, I'd say this guy will be overseas by next week.

Lets have a quick reminder of 2 cases that should never have been bailed,

Red Bull heir (high speed cop killer and obvious number 1 on the list).

Couple who kidnapped and tortured young Burmese.

This guys surely gotta have an oppurtunity provided to make a sly exit stage left.

Now perish the thought, perchance these two ''generals '' may have been sharing the Shinwatran political boudoir in the past and their dream has now become a nightmare, thus the allowing of bail would of course break the dream by letting one of the members of ''the nightmare dream team vanish into the wide blue yonder of whereever awaty from the bogey man of the current administrations and its searching questions.

Truth be known that it is yes indeed these two characters among a good many others have been sharing the hypothetical Shinwatra political boudior no doubt as sponsored guests of the Shinwatra clan and its ilk.

Again I am led to wonder whether a certain high profile politician who is reputed nay claims to suffer from a chronic ear infection who is somewhat conspicious by his abscence of late might have struck a deal with others and is now singing so loud as those who have fondnes for alcoholic beverages tend to do when either sated in said beverage consumption or craving a shot of said alcoholic beverage.

This above assumption is based upon the number of higher profile people and matters that have of late come to light concerning unethical conduct and assorted misdeeds. Hell hath no fury like an addict denied.

After all it is a well known fact that that sufferer from a chronic ear infection has no principiles and honesty is an unknown trait as is his loyalty unless financailly linked to his own well being. ..

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

Now perish the thought, perchance these two ''generals '' may have been sharing the Shinwatran political boudoir in the past and their dream has now become a nightmare, thus the allowing of bail would of course break the dream by letting one of the members of ''the nightmare dream team vanish into the wide blue yonder of whereever awaty from the bogey man of the current administrations and its searching questions.

Truth be known that it is yes indeed these two characters among a good many others have been sharing the hypothetical Shinwatra political boudior no doubt as sponsored guests of the Shinwatra clan and its ilk.

Again I am led to wonder whether a certain high profile politician who is reputed nay claims to suffer from a chronic ear infection who is somewhat conspicious by his abscence of late might have struck a deal with others and is now singing so loud as those who have fondnes for alcoholic beverages tend to do when either sated in said beverage consumption or craving a shot of said alcoholic beverage.

This above assumption is based upon the number of higher profile people and matters that have of late come to light concerning unethical conduct and assorted misdeeds. Hell hath no fury like an addict denied.

After all it is a well known fact that that sufferer from a chronic ear infection has no principiles and honesty is an unknown trait as is his loyalty unless financailly linked to his own well being. ..

Well, I really don't want to "like" the because I'm not sure I agree in whole. But the writing style certainly deserves an honorable mention. tongue.png

• 2 months later...

okay. so who brought the charges. this will be a very interesting story. surely they can't grant him bail. He organised people to take up arms against the army. Surely that would be treasonous?

whereas if he organised the army to take up arms are against an elected govt he would be prime minister material

Indeed , one mans treason maker is another mans corruption buster. The hypocrisy of this whole situation is horrible.

How many people were killed by the RTA during the last coup?

How many people were killed by the so-called MiB ? (assuming Manas is indeed involved in this).

How many were killed by the RTA after the last coup? What is your point?

Well, I really don't want to "like" the because I'm not sure I agree in whole. But the writing style certainly deserves an honorable mention. tongue.png

Oh don't encourage him, otherwise we'll be back to tales of Thaksins brown nosing acolytes. Trust me, it wears thin after about the third post.