driving becomes nightmare on roads now

opalred

Nothing seems to have changed at all in the last 10 years ,most Drivers here still take no notice of the rules of the road ,the only differance i see is that there are more of them now

Agreed nothing has changed in attitudes, just more cars on the roads that's all, loonies 10 years ago, loonies now

Some of the worst driving/riding here is from farangs. They seem to think that because thais drive like idiots they can too.

I don't agree with you on that - although there are always exceptions. Some of the driving though here is absolutely awful but considering the joke of a driving test and enforcement of traffic laws it's no surprise.

I have seen some diabolical driving, Farangs at the wheel or on the bike.

Actually my father used to say that driving was more fun when he was young, that is in the 1940s. I actually quite like driving in Thailand, but then again I don't live in Bangkok or Pattaya. Pattaya is in fact full of rude, selfish and dangerous drivers. I will be going down there tomorrow, Gawd help me.

The rude selfish drivers in Pattaya are the people from BKK who don't know where they are going.

Bangkok drivers are a nightmare, they don't know where they are going, don't know how to gear change, don't know how to drive up and down hills, or around winding roads. I'd like them banned from our province laugh.png

• Like 2

Bangkok drivers are a nightmare, they don't know where they are going, don't know how to gear change, don't know how to drive up and down hills, or around winding roads. I'd like them banned from our province laugh.png

To be honest toady some of worst people on the roads in Pattaya are farang OAP's who have never ridden anything on two wheels with an engine, and last thing they ever rode with two wheels, before arriving in Sin City to see the temples, was a push bike for riding to school 60 years before and they get behind the handlebars of a "motocy" and think they are Marlon Brando, wife beater on and newly inked tattooed, and become a hazard to all other road users

To be honest toady some of worst people on the roads in Pattaya are farang OAP's who have never ridden anything on two wheels with an engine, and last thing they ever rode with two wheels, before arriving in Sin City to see the temples, was a push bike for riding to school 60 years before and they get behind the handlebars of a "motocy" and think they are Marlon Brando, wife beater on and newly inked tattooed, and become a hazard to all other road users

Don't forget the OAP's who like to be chaffered around in their pick up by their BG who has never driven before or the PCX and Forza mob and why is it everyone else who comes to Pattaya has to drive a Harley or some other Japley. Funny to watch them bumping the clutch along Beach Road.

Living the dream I suppose.

Nothing seems to have changed at all in the last 10 years ,most Drivers here still take no notice of the rules of the road ,the only differance i see is that there are more of them now

One thing that has changed, is that most of the cars now are new and much safer.smile.png Cant say the same for the trucks and busses, most of them are still crappy.crying.gif

agree wife and i always have a laugh at frangs in big pickups and 4x4 young thai girl cannt see over windscreen but impressed with her new stallone

<old rambo>

go to park in shopping centre carparks backing into the parked cars then move to another spot do same then leave telling gf something wrong with car

most in old country only been in taxis or trains all life or had mini

but good to try and carry out dream cheers

What has changed in the last 10 years?

Here in upcountry I would say it is simply the explosive growth of traffic.

10 years ago driving in the district town was easy, parking lot quickly found.

Today it so crowded, feels like little Bangkok.

Humans are not born to live/drive in overcrowded masses.

It inevitably leads to aggression.

Lab rats start cannibalizing each other depending on the density of overpopulation.

Driving in Pattaya (during trips) is a nightmare.

If i would live there, I could not drive regularly with a car. Would make a nervous wreck.

Much worse than in German cities like Berlin.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Could this topic not be applied to almost anywhere..? what was traffic like here or your home country 10, 20, 50 years ago ? some of the roads are little better than in years gone by, yet millions more road users..

• Like 1