Touters

Dakshack

I dislike going to Phuket now because of all the touters that ride around on their motor bikes trying to get you to go to buy holiday packages Get rid these people, I went to one presentation and they are advertising Resorts in Aussie that are closed. After the presentation we were given. 7 day holiday voucher after reading the fine print later it was not valid for people over the age of 25 WE ARE IN OUR SIXTIES

I think like bar girls, they become pretty good in guessing who is a tourist and who is an expat. Small telltale signs. I saw them operating and tried to behave like the target group, being interested in the experience, but they ignored me.

The odd time I have been approached and it is a very few times, they ask I say no and they continue on. Never once been " Stalked " by any of them. They are doing a job and know who is going to say yes and who isn't very quickly. Those that don't never last more than a few days

Sure have still stalk you

This was a big problem on the Gold Coast Queensland 30 years ago touts everywhere trying to sell timeshare crap, I had just finished painting a rough ceiling with a spray gun, had on overalls and work boots and was covered in overspray, and one of the morons asked me if I was on holiday, my reply cannot not be printed even on this forum.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it just me? I have never been approached by a timeshare tout.

You must be the same as me. Dress like a bum. One glance and they figure I'm just too poor.

I guess I'm in the same group then, have never been approached.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The odd time I have been approached and it is a very few times, they ask I say no and they continue on. Never once been " Stalked " by any of them. They are doing a job and know who is going to say yes and who isn't very quickly. Those that don't never last more than a few days

How do you know that?

We dont suffer from this "problem" in Pattaya as we are upmarket you know.biggrin.png

You have transport in Pattaya. On Phuket, tourists have to walk everywhere, thus making them easy targets.

Song taew upmarket? I don't believe timeshare exists in Pattaya anymore

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We dont suffer from this "problem" in Pattaya as we are upmarket you know.biggrin.png

You have transport in Pattaya. On Phuket, tourists have to walk everywhere, thus making them easy targets.

Song taew upmarket? I don't believe timeshare exists in Pattaya anymore

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If Phuket had baht buses, it would probably kill off the timeshare BS here as well.

I think the amount of pedestrian traffic would decrease to such a point that the whole timeshare thing probably would not remain a viable scam. smile.png

Yes, baht buses are upmarket, when compared to the transport options on Phuket.

Edited by NamKangMan