Tell me about mentally ill foreigners

JesseFrank

Ok, I've been on the ceiling. The good news is that I don't need any emergency services.

The bad news is that there is no frigging way I can reach that location. It is a crawl of about 7-8 meters over electrical tubes in a space about 40 cm high and sloping.

I don't know how the electrician who's bigger than me ever got there.

So the only solution will be to make a manhole in the patio ceiling just under the box with the receiver.

Now I've 2 manholes in the storage rooms made by the ceiling guys and they are an eyesore, especially in a patio.

Any suggestions on how to close the hole that it is a not a disturbing sight ?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse - after studying the results of this thread and your apparently nearing a nervous breakdwon - I suggest you consult a shrink at your earliest convenience. smile.png

I'm sure that shrink would have to consult a shrink himself after he's finished with me.

• Like 1

Reach the box once ? So having created the problem, you are going to repeat it ? Geez

What happens if you have to get to it again ? You are going to be exactly where you are now!.

You should either move the box to a more accesible place or make the current position more accessible.

Ok instead of continuing to bicker let's take a few learnings from this.

1) Don't let foreigners in your house in case you lose your remotes.

2) Don't put in such a high tech system that would be the envy of potential home buyers - who like your remotes but not your house.

3) Certainly - do not start a topic on TV about it.

• Like 1

Reach the box once ? So having created the problem, you are going to repeat it ? Geez

What happens if you have to get to it again ? You are going to be exactly where you are now. Move the box to a more accesible place or make the cureent position more accessible.

I have not created a problem, the remotes were nicked, I think that has became obvious enough when I called the guy and from other things.

I have to make it more accessible that is what I'm asking about now.

My intention is to make a manhole under it, but I will need to close it and eventually be able to open it again in the future, without it being an eyesore. The way the ceiling guys her close such a manhole with a aluminum frame in which a piece of gypsum lays that can be lifted is not acceptable in a location that is always in open view.

Moving the box would mean extending all the cables and would involve an electrician. Since the original electrician is not available anymore and I have no idea what other cables are in that box, that is a big no no.

What happens if you have to get to it again ? You are going to be exactly where you are now!.

You should either move the box to a more accesible place or make the current position more accessible.

I reakon they could almost make a movie out of this.

I wonder if Adam Stiller is available to play Jesse.

Better still, perhaps that Michael Crawford aka Frank Spencer would be a better canadite.

"Ohho, betty, Ive lost the remote again betty"

Jesse, enlighten us, why are you hiding the sound system in the roof, is it stolen?

• Like 2

Jesse - after studying the results of this thread and your apparently nearing a nervous breakdwon - I suggest you consult a shrink at your earliest convenience. smile.png

I think you are spot on James......poor old Jesse is feeling the heat.

I just read back to the 11th where hes accusing me of being a tight asss, this is the guy that created a thread about a missing 500 baht remote control f f s. 555555

priceless.

Jesse, you've been given heaps of good advice on this thread, time for you to crawl up into the little hole in your ceiling dude and chill out for a while.

how hard can it be?

glad I didnt have to take you to war son, it would be like working with a 2 watt light bulb.

i wish you all the best with your remote control endeavours.....whats next, window cleaning, venturing out to 7/11 without your minder?

One wonders if he received his detailed instruction manual, (with pictures, I might add) of how to operate the bum gun in his "room" ?

What happens if you have to get to it again ? You are going to be exactly where you are now. Move the box to a more accesible place or make the cureent position more accessible.

I have not created a problem, the remotes were nicked, I think that has became obvious enough when I called the guy and from other things.

My intention is to make a manhole under it, but I will need to close it and eventually be able to open it again in the future, without it being an eyesore. The way the ceiling guys her close such a manhole with a aluminum frame in which a piece of gypsum lays that can be lifted is not acceptable in a location that is always in open view.

Moving the box would mean extending all the cables and would involve an electrician. Since the original electrician is not available anymore and I have no idea what other cables are in that box, that is a big no no.

Its definately a Saga Jesse.

May I ask, ' How many university degrees do you hold' ?

I just read back to the 11th where hes accusing me of being a tight asss, this is the guy that created a thread about a missing 500 baht remote control f f s. 555555

priceless.

Jesse, you've been given heaps of good advice on this thread, time for you to crawl up into the little hole in your ceiling dude and chill out for a while.

how hard can it be?

glad I didnt have to take you to war son, it would be like working with a 2 watt light bulb.

i wish you all the best with your remote control endeavours.....whats next, window cleaning, venturing out to 7/11 without your minder?

One wonders if he received his detailed instruction manual, (with pictures, I might add) of how to operate the bum gun in his "room" ?

he would need the instructions with pictures for fitting of the TGAU, thats for sure.

Better still, perhaps that Michael Crawford aka Frank Spencer would be a better canadite.

Jesse, enlighten us, why are you hiding the sound system in the roof, is it stolen?

Because the speakers are mounted in the ceilings and relays switch the connections to each room .

Jesse - after studying the results of this thread and your apparently nearing a nervous breakdwon - I suggest you consult a shrink at your earliest convenience. :)

priceless.

how hard can it be?

Two watt lightbulb .....55555555

Other expressions spring to mind:

Sandwich short of a picnic

2 cents short of a dollar

Or as the Thais say "mi dem baht" ...555555

What's a university ?

Ok instead of continuing to bicker let's take a few learnings from this.

1) Don't let foreigners in your house in case you lose your remotes.

2) Don't put in such a high tech system that would be the envy of potential home buyers - who like your remotes but not your house.

3) Certainly - do not start a topic on TV about it.

I particularly like point 3. In all the years here, have you ever been witness to something like this before? 555555

What's a university ?

Ohhh, my bad. I thought you might of been a member of the multiple degrees and endless paper qualifications group.

Clearly I have mis diagnosed you ;)

Khun Betty ! What I can do ? 555555...... mmmm nice !

post-192017-0-78647100-1405501328_thumb.

Edited by MichaelJackson
  • Like 2

Jesse - after studying the results of this thread and your apparently nearing a nervous breakdwon - I suggest you consult a shrink at your earliest convenience. :)

priceless.

how hard can it be?

Two watt lightbulb .....55555555

Other expressions spring to mind:

Sandwich short of a picnic

2 cents short of a dollar

Or as the Thais say "mi dem baht" ...555555

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A couple of Roos loose in the top paddock.

;)

Guys, it has become clear to me from your remarks in this thread, that I'm the only one here who doesn't know where the remotes are.

I have to go out now, so may I suggest that while I'm out and about you drop them in the letterbox.

I will switch of the security camera pointing to the letterbox, but keep in mind the high voltage on the walls is still on.

In the mean time some suggestions about how to close a manhole in the ceiling in a decent way are also welcome.

Okay Jesse,

Thanks for the reply, now I understand what the unit is doing in the roof, just wondering why it was placed so far from the man hole.

sounds like you are in a tight space indeed.

how big is this condo? 23 square metres?

You should go and buy a team of gerbils, train them up and get them to run loose in your cavity, they could drag the wires around for you and hook things up, if you trained them right.

sound like you need a builder, would you like me to send my uncle som chai around, hes a technician and works cheaply at 200 baht per day. Or is that too expensive for you?

• Like 1

Okay Jesse,

Thanks for the reply, now I understand what the unit is doing in the roof, just wondering why it was placed so far from the man hole.

sounds like you are in a tight space indeed.

how big is this condo? 23 square metres?

You should go and buy a team of gerbils, train them up and get them to run loose in your cavity, they could drag the wires around for you and hook things up, if you trained them right.

sound like you need a builder, would you like me to send my uncle som chai around, hes a technician and works cheaply at 200 baht per day. Or is that too expensive for you?

I would recommend "Bob the builder" in situations like this

• Like 1

All kidding aside - if it's any consolation Jesse - I face a similar daily dilema in trying to locate all the remotes in my house that my 5 and 2 yr old sons have hidden / misplaced or used to throw at my wife...

TBH, I suspect your wife has them and is jealous that you show more attention to them than her.

All kidding aside - if it's any consolation Jesse - I face a similar daily dilema in trying to locate all the remotes in my house that my 5 and 2 yr old sons have hidden / misplaced or used to throw at my wife...

TBH, I suspect your wife has them and is jealous that you show more attention to them than her.

Assuming there is a wife, that is :)

Pity Mr Snottgoblin seems to be missing in action, i believe he works in the audio industry, he could probably help jesse out for a fee.

it would seem jesse frank is running sophisticated gear, wouldnt mind a link to your online for sale sight...... maybe a few of us could stop buy and 'inspect' the property :P